The BEST carry bag?

ssimmelsgaard

Reaction score
Handicap
I need a new carry/stand bag, as my current Ping Hoofer from 2012 is getting worn and the legs are wobbly.

My criteria so far are:
- No tangle, please!
- Easy to access water bottle pocket
- Plenty of room!
- Comfortable! I only walk and often more than 18 holes

I wonder whether or not to go waterproof or not? I play all year in all conditions, so I guess it would be nice.

I also consider whether 14 divider is nice or noisy?

I have considered Sun Mountain Four 5, but it is not easily accessible locally, it is not waterproof and I'm unsure if 14 top divider is good or not.

I have also looked into Sun Mountain H2NO variations, as they seem great too.

Titleist Stadry was a main contender until I found out it doesn't have a water bottle pocket.

Please share your thoughts - thanks!

Sendt fra min Nexus 6P med Tapatalk

I am really enjoying the Callaway AquaDry. It certainly meets your first 4 criteria and is waterproof as well.

I love my Four 5, and my friend has a Three 5 which is the lightest bag I've ever used. Four 5 will give you more room and 14 way divider. Three 5 is lighter, but a tad smaller. Never tried the H2No. Also a fan of the Titleist 14 way light stand bag. Not sure if it's waterproof though.

I'm a Three5 guy. It's gotten me to enjoy carrying again.

I am really enjoying the Callaway AquaDry. It certainly meets your first 4 criteria and is waterproof as well.

This is what I carry in/with as well.

Ogio Silencer Stand Bag.

http://ogio.com/golf/silencer

silencerstand_pewter.jpg

The Nike Air Hybrid II is a solid carry/stand bag.

I have really been looking at the H2NO bags as well. I play in all types of weather so the waterproofing is a bonus. Looks like you can find some good deals on last years models online.

I just got the Two Five over Christmas and I love it. I walk 95% of my rounds and this is perfect, for me. I don't carry anything other than balls, tees, rangefinder, and water so it works out well. Clubs fit in it easily and the stand is great. If you're the type that wants to carry more then it might not be the bag for you, but for a minimalist like me it's perfect.

Three Five here, best/lightest carry bag I have ever used

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my TM Hyperlite bag. its Circa 2010, but awesome! I haven't looked at the new ones, but 14 way divider with club covers is the best way to go! I am silent on the course (every club is covered). Water bottle is in an open insulated pocket, so easy to get while walking or on its legs. lots of good support, and easily adjustable. As for waterproof, you can always get camping waterproof spray and DYI.

I just got rid of a 4 Five as it didn't fit on my clic gear well at all. I also couldn't
stand the 14 way divider. It was easy to carry and had the waterproof water bottle
pocket which was nice. The storage pockets weren't all that spacious.

I'm leaning towards the PING Hoofer myself....

Anyone used the aqua dry lite from this year? I'm looking into stand bags as well. Have an Ogio Ozone XX, but think I'm ready to move on. It works, but it's not super stable on the ground and I'd like something with a touch more storage on it. Been looking at reviews and the original aqua dry looks like a good option with a bunch of storage if needed (thinking travel).

Don't have one, but I know a lot of people liked the Wilson Staff Nexus. Not waterproof, but I think there is some scotch guarding that could make it waterproof for cheaper than the premium I see on the waterproof bags.

Another vote for the Ogio line of bags. For carry bags I have really enjoyed them. Light yet still ample storage room and the water bottle pocket is right there so you can grab it while you are walking. Also the fact that you can still get a 14 way divider for me was a HUGE plus.

​Three 5 for me.

I have been on the hunt for a similar bag. I'm using an older Three 5 now. It is very light, functional and great to carry. SM is a Montana company, and that has value for me. I also like the some of the Ping bags like the Hoofer. They seem to be built very well, and I had a Ping bag as a kid that I liked. But although those are solid options, I have my eye on the 2016 Callaway Hyper lite 5. I like the idea of the asymmetrical 7-way top club organization and think the slip pocket for the umbrella is a great idea. The only thing that holds me back is that I would like to see one in person before I buy. I am picky about how the leg mechanisms work in practice.

I have been on the hunt for a similar bag. I'm using an older Three 5 now. It is very light, functional and great to carry. SM is a Montana company, and that has value for me. I also like the some of the Ping bags like the Hoofer. They seem to be built very well, and I had a Ping bag as a kid that I liked. But although those are solid options, I have my eye on the 2016 Callaway Hyper lite 5. I like the idea of the asymmetrical 7-way top club organization and think the slip pocket for the umbrella is a great idea. The only thing that holds me back is that I would like to see one in person before I buy. I am picky about how the leg mechanisms work in practice.

This, I have a Ozone XX now, and I absolutely love the Woode top, the top on the HL5 is similar and I like the looks of it more than the Ozone.

I saw this one at a local shop and fell I love with it just for the color
a6f77888dcaeb20bdaae89fec02e9c7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my TM Hyperlite bag. its Circa 2010, but awesome! I haven't looked at the new ones, but 14 way divider with club covers is the best way to go! I am silent on the course (every club is covered). Water bottle is in an open insulated pocket, so easy to get while walking or on its legs. lots of good support, and easily adjustable. As for waterproof, you can always get camping waterproof spray and DYI.

The new models are nice. I am looking at the super hybrid as my replacement since I walk and ride as a good mix.

I will say the Wilson Staff neXus stand bag. I have tried many bags (Ping, Ogio, Callaway) and I like this one the best. Not 14 way, great stand mechanism, drink pocket. Lasted almost 100 rounds, I "retired" it because the strap looked like it might rip, so I use it for practice and if I am traveling.

The H2NO is unreal but it's not worth the money IMO. I would rather use my cheaper non water-proof Ping. Will be returning for a new 3 wood, but it's definitely one of if not the best carry out there.

Think I'm gonna hold off until Club Clash and eyeball everyone's stand bags...

I currently carry the Four 5 and it's the best, all around carry bag I've ever owned for walking. I used the Three 5 last year and really liked it but the clubs would get tangled since it did not have a 14 way divider. I don't notice the weight difference between the two, but I'm also 6'5" and weigh 280 lbs so a a lb doesn't make a bit of difference to me.

Can anyone confirm that H2NO 14 way has an easily accessible water bottle pocket? I cannot see it from pictures and it's a deal breaker if it hasn't, like the Stadry.

Sendt fra min Nexus 6P med Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back