What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played 9 the other day with a Chrome Soft ball. Felt fantastic and did great around the greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B330

Thoughts: I don't know why I ever play any other ball, this is the perfect ball for me yet I also try something different...

I played the B330 RX again Saturday. I really like the ball everywhere except off the driver and I could probably get over it real quickly but it is just soooooo soft off the driver. I prefer a more firm feel off the driver. I have some B330 at the house I might put in play this weekend and see how they do. It might be where I have a cold/warm weather combo.

I played 2 new balls during a 9 hole round on Saturday. Will have more information up on them tonight.

Bridgestone B-330s. I played with Titleist Pro-Vi for the last few years. But I saw this deal for last year's model and priced half off the Titleist.

I was concerned about the disclaimer that the Bridgestone was designed for swingspeed abve 105 mph. On a good day, my swingspeed might reach mid-90's.

I tried it anyways......I love this ball !!! Distance and height off the tee are comparable to the Titleist. But where Bridgestone shined was the approach to the green specially wedge shots. Whereas the Titleist will stop on the dime, for most part I can not control the spin. If I put a little curve on the, both ntentional or mishit, the Titleist will spin a lot that way.

The Bridgestone did not accentuate the curve on the ball, I can control it better. Yes I have to work a bit harder to stop the ball on a dime, but controllng the spin is more important to me.

Very nice ball, I just ordered 3 more dozens !!

I played older balls today - Callaway Hex Hot Pro and Titleist Prestige. Both pretty solid balls, not much movement off the driver, feel good on approach shots, not too much spin around the green.
This ball is probably "good enough" as long as I do not need the short game spin, and can play a little run out. However, there are balls better suited for my game available.

​Yesterday I found a Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis and decided to play the remaining 11 holes with it. I already play the Chrome Soft and like it so my test was to see how the Truvis appealed to my eye. I found it very hard to see out in the fairway compared to a all white ball. Other than that I didn't notice any plus or negatives about the design.

​Yesterday I found a Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis and decided to play the remaining 11 holes with it. I already play the Chrome Soft and like it so my test was to see how the Truvis appealed to my eye. I found it very hard to see out in the fairway compared to a all white ball. Other than that I didn't notice any plus or negatives about the design.

I am finding the same thing. Truvis is helpful for watching ball in flight but hard to see in the fairway.

9 holes with the Nike RZN Platinum and 9 holes with Pro V1 Nike was good, but nothing that stood out over any other ball that I have tried of late. Pro V has always been the best ball out there IMO. It played just as I would have expected. Very soft and good feel with wedges/ high lofted irons and the putter.

Played a round with the Bridgestone B330RX yesterday. Amazing how much it held up during the round. Performance was great around the greens. Not too much spin. It was windy so it was hard to get a read on distance, but it seemed to hold up with any other ball I usually play. Excited to play some more with it when conditions are little better.

I played prior model 330 RX and RXS. It's a little hard to assess because of changing temps and turf conditions but neither seemed like the longest ball I've played off the tee. Approach shots / action into the greens was superb. A 40 yard sand shot did the hop, spin and stop. A thinned 8i from 150, PW from 130 and AW from 115 bounced once and stopped, leading to 2 birdies. I had 5 and 6 irons back up from their pitch marks (unheard of for me). I also appreciated how it felt a bit softer off all club faces than the prior gen ZStar I've been gaming.

I played the 2016 Callaway Chrome Soft. Loved it. It was my first time playing the ball and will be my go too ball this year.

Im back with the pinn gold in yellow. It is the most consistent ball for me. It doesn't feel like a pinnacle. I also enjoy the laddie x which is a cheap ball to. I really want to try the new wilson zip.

I put the 2016 B330 in play today for the first time. Only 8 holes before being rained out, but saw some very good things. Very good ball off the putter and the wedges.

2016 Chrome Soft today, one ball for 27 holes. Held up well, feels really good off of all clubs.

Played an old b330s. Played fantastic. Same ball all 18 holes.curious to try the new ones

Lost a B330RX on 13th hole. Found a mint Titleist ProV1X and finished the round. Honestly, I think it played just as well as the B330RX. Just as long and spin, but I still prefer the overall feel of the 2016 Bridgestone B330RX.

Mostly played the new RZN Black. No complaints on wear whatsoever and nothing extra ordinary over other premium balls. My short game was surprisingly good today so Ill give some credit to the ball there as well. I think it falls right in line with just about all top tier balls I have played. I did record my longest drive ever with this ball and the JGR driver today. So I know for sure this ball has some distance in it there. Only got through 9 holes with them but still have 3 sleeves left to give them a good evaluation.

First round with the 2016 Chrome Soft. Really like the feel and even got some check up on wedges. I like it better than the new RX330 or Wilson Duo Urethane.

Tried to play the 330RX. I've been lost off the tee box for for the last 4 rounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got some florescent yellow Wilson SpongeBob themed balls for Christmas. I've been using them lately and I friggin love them, hahaha

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

I got some florescent yellow Wilson SpongeBob themed balls for Christmas. I've been using them lately and I friggin love them, hahaha

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

I bought s bunch of those for my 10yo and he refuses to use them, as he says they're too nice to lose on the course!

Played a Srixon Q Star pure white spin skin tech yesterday. It feels very good at impact with all clubs, good distance and two bounces and stop on the greens, backed one approach shot too and haven't backed a ball on a green for many moons. I'll play it more, but still like the Stixon Soft Feel ball better and this is my gamer ball. The new Q Star is right up there though.

Last edited:
Back