Get Cured Team Match Play - THP Event in NY

I struggled with that question as well. I was 11 in 1999...had to Google some of them to try and remember what I listened too. Ended up going with Hootie & the Blowfish haha

Trouble was I couldn't choose just one song lol. I still listen to some of the stuff I liked way back then.

what kind of experience do you guys have in competition, may it be teams or solo?
what would you do to prepare for it?
what would you expect from a teammate?
what would you expect from a captain?

To prepare for it I would focus on getting more consistant, the closer you can shoot to your hcp no matter where you play the better. Also just focus on your game and play your game, know your limitations. From a teammate I want them to never apologize for a bad shot because we will both hit them and try to be pretty level headed.

What if we are not sure about length, just go with what we think?

That is what I would say. Check with what putters you have and see what feels comfy if you do not know.

can we select a preferred lie too? or will the cure guys be able to adjust them on site?

The lie angle is 70* of the CX line.

That is what I would say. Check with what putters you have and see what feels comfy if you do not know.

The lie angle is 70* of the CX line.

Are we getting a one on one fitting that involves possibly changing the lie or anything or is it just weighting and things that can be done on the spot?

originally wanted the CX2 with the platinum but I think I am going to go with the Black finish. I only saw the Platinum in person but in hand pics of the Black look real good.

Are we getting a one on one fitting that involves possibly changing the lie or anything or is it just weighting and things that can be done on the spot?

You will get plenty of time with the Cure guys to discuss things, but lie angle would not be changed at the event. This is not an adjustable lie putter like the RX line. It can be bent, sure, but I dont think anybody wants to step on the head and yank right before going to play.

You will get plenty of time with the Cure guys to discuss things, but lie angle would not be changed at the event. This is not an adjustable lie putter like the RX line. It can be bent, sure, but I dont think anybody wants to step on the head and yank right before going to play.

Everyone has their own pre-game warm up routine :bananadance:

For the participants, I'm interested in hearing a "before" expectation/impression versus what you will walk-away with post-event... What are your expectations of the CURE CX putters? Do you have a "known" putting issue, and based on any research you've done on the putter line, how do you think it will help your game on the greens?

OMG... 13 in 1999?!? Dadgum young folks. :D
My expectation going in is that the CX line will greatly improve my distance control, something Im horrible at.

what kind of experience do you guys have in competition, may it be teams or solo?

what kind of experience do you guys have in competition, may it be teams or solo only once but i have played in the formats with a team member... stroke play not match play
what would you do to prepare for it?work on short game ALOT ...did you see jason day dude was getting up and down from everywhere. thats deadly in match play
what would you expect from a teammatea someone that is honest with their strengths and weekness and follows our plans for the hole if possible.
what would you expect from a captain just that they put our team in a good position to win with the teams

I have a few questions for everyone. I have to admit, this is one aprt of the event I am the most looking forward to. besides the two invitationals I ahve been lucky to be part of, I haven't played in a lot of competitive environments.

This is my first THP event, so my experience in competition has been with scrambles/team tournaments.

I plan on playing as much as I can and getting to the range and putting green to focus on getting the Winter rust off and becoming more consistent.

I would hope a teammate would be outgoing and we would be able to work off of each others game.

I'd expect a captain to lead by example, help grow excitement for those involved (which both of these captains have) and put the team in the best position to win.

I have a few questions for everyone. I have to admit, this is one aprt of the event I am the most looking forward to. besides the two invitationals I ahve been lucky to be part of, I haven't played in a lot of competitive environments.

I have played in a couple of THP team events. They are always a blast. There is nothing better than spending a couple of days will friends and meeting new ones.

When it comes to prepping for an event nothing really changes for me. I am a range guy so I am there 3-4 times a week regardless.

I want my teammate to have a great time and want nothing more than to want to get to his/her next THP event

From my captain I expect a genuine excitement for the event. These two captains have shown that already!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been in a few competitions at my home course (team and solo), and have been fortunate to have 1 team THP event in my experience as well.

To prepare; practice short game and putting. There aren't usually a lot of GIR in these formats, and the teams that stay loose and can get up & down are usually the ones leading the pack.

I expect 3 things from a teammate: 1- Have fun. 2- Don't be a Richard. 3- Don't apologize for a bad shot, you haven't seen me hit the next shot yet, lol. Apologizing gets us nowhere, encourage and refer to expectations 1 & 2.

My expectations of a captain are the same for 1 & 2, and 3rd they should be the one to make sure everyone on the team feels included and is having a good time.

It's going to be an awesome event!!

This made me laugh.

Everyone has their own pre-game warm up routine :bananadance:

This made me laugh even louder!!

You want to hear something crazy?
Teams will be announced before the end of the week!

Looking forward to it

Love it. Curious to see how / what input the Captains have.

so this will be a busy week! putter selections and team selections!

Can you let us know how they will be selected ? ...teaser?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Can you let us know how they will be selected ? ...teaser?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Sure.
THP will speak with the captains and they will make selections live this week.
Its a bit unique, so dont hold it against a captain if you end up on a different team as its not as simple as saying "I want these guys".

Hey guys what is your favorite color, green or white??

Live draft i like it...

Live will be interesting and very cool

Back