MISIG Training Aid - THP Review

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
An interesting stretch and training aid was received for review earlier this weekend. I've taken a bit of time to assemble (and it stays assembled) and give it a few reps, and the first things I noticed were a nice left handed wrist set, and a decent amount of resistance for a couple of muscles, most notably in the lats/back/neck. I think even if this unit doesn't directly support my golf swing, I'd still be inclined to give it a handful of reps on days where I simply can't get to the range before a round.

From MISIG

Stretch, Swing, Exercise - Repeat. The MISIG, The Most Important Stretch in Golf, is a complete golf performance program that includes a Stretching Program, Swing Training Program and Exercise Program in one simple yet profound device. All for about the same price of a single golf lesson. http://www.feelthestretch.com/

The MISIG helps you experience proper takeaway by keeping your elbow locked through extension, stretches and loosens muscles and tendons, and provides a better understanding of the proper mechanics of a golf swing. The results? Less injuries, stronger muscles, more consistency and better distance all while dramatically increasing degrees of backswing. Also the perfect exercise tool.

HOW IT HELPS YOUR GAME
By using the MISIG consistently, you’ll build strength quickly, improve your range of motion and develop a better golf swing by improving this key fundamental.
Hinges wrist properly.
Keeps elbow locked through extension.
Promotes an inside to out swing
Trains Proper Swing Mechanics.
Dramatically increase degrees of backswing.

It's a Three In One Program That Is Guaranteed To Work
Stretch - Feel incredible stretch of shoulders back and hips. Dramatically increase degrees of back swing.
Swing - Develop a better, more consistant inside to out swing plane. Keep elbow locked through extension. Hinge wrist properly.
Exercise - Strengthen shoulders and upper body by doing reps - pushing up the sliding handle while keeping resistance on band.
Repeat - The MISIG is without doubt the best way to create consistent muscle memory.

The MISIG is simple to use on a daily basis—just attach and start swinging!
The removable Velcro cuff attaches to left elbow (right elbow for lefties)
Right hand goes on sliding handle
Push sliding handle up bar and create tremendous stretching action of shoulders, back
and hips.
Simply slide the stretch handle 5-6 times per set to develop stronger golf muscles and
Increased flexibility.
Comes with three cord sizes, Light, Medium and Strong

A Closer Look at the Device

0403161035-XL.jpg

0403161035b-XL.jpg

0403161035a-XL.jpg

0403161035c-XL.jpg

0403161035d-XL.jpg

0403161036-XL.jpg

0403161036b-XL.jpg

0403161036a-XL.jpg

0403161037-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I have this and really like it, just for this same reason "I noticed were a nice left handed wrist set, and a decent amount of resistance for a couple of muscles, most notably in the lats/back/neck. I think even if this unit doesn't directly support my golf swing, I'd still be inclined to give it a handful of reps on days where I simply can't get to the range before a round." I put a rubber band on the end of mine to keep the sleeve from falling off.

Very interested in this device. This had me at adding more length to my backswing. Looking forward to your thoughts Dan. What is the pricepoint?

I'm with you as well I think this would be a great device for the winter months when I can't get out and play but I can use this for 5 minutes a day,

This device really interests me. I know when my swing gets long my left arm breaks down a bit at the top of the swing and something I need to work on. What's the MSRP Dan?

I like this idea. I'm always looking for ways to increase strength and flexibility!

I have this and really like it, just for this same reason "I noticed were a nice left handed wrist set, and a decent amount of resistance for a couple of muscles, most notably in the lats/back/neck. I think even if this unit doesn't directly support my golf swing, I'd still be inclined to give it a handful of reps on days where I simply can't get to the range before a round." I put a rubber band on the end of mine to keep the sleeve from falling off.

Great idea with the rubber band!!

Very interested in this device. This had me at adding more length to my backswing. Looking forward to your thoughts Dan. What is the pricepoint?

I'm with you as well I think this would be a great device for the winter months when I can't get out and play but I can use this for 5 minutes a day,
This device really interests me. I know when my swing gets long my left arm breaks down a bit at the top of the swing and something I need to work on. What's the MSRP Dan?

This is listed at 79.99 on their site. http://www.feelthestretch.com/

I paid $60.00 for my at the Chicago Golf Show.

This is very interesting. I would like to see if the is real improvement over time over just the mental aspect of "it should work"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Didn't know everyone like I do now.
My guess is that a couple guys got together and put together a sizable order, the price would drop - Orders talk!

When it was first shown here I was intrigued. I would assume that one doe s&w at to overtrain/overwork one side of the body, distance there anything in the documentation about using on both right and left side?

When it was first shown here I was intrigued. I would assume that one doe s&w at to overtrain/overwork one side of the body, distance there anything in the documentation about using on both right and left side?

I didn't read anything on it, but I don't see why it couldn't be used that way for people looking to help their overall flexibility.

That is....interesting. Hmmmm...

I am certainly intrigued by this device. Looking forward to reading more about it. MSRP is not too far out there either if it does what it says.

That is....interesting. Hmmmm...

Stretch wise, I'm pretty excited by it. Swing support wise, I'm really leery having spent all of one minute with it. Mostly because I don't love a swing trainer that separates the hands the way this does.

I liked the comments on it so much, I bought one last night. Don't have the shipping details yet though!

I actually pulled this out this morning to take a couple of swings with it.
I know it's not much of a swing training aid however I don't have high ceilings in my house and I have developed an OTT move on my longer clubs that this can help.

I need to get re-acquainted with it - Need to read the review and watch the videos again.

Great review and with photos. I looked into this awhile back and concluded this would be a worthwhile TA. I have not actually used one however but did hack together some home made devices with good results. It not only gives one some good stretches, it also helps with maintaining a straight left arm. I should point out that straight does not mean over extended. You can have a straight left arm that has a natural bend in it. (Reference Calvin Peet who had a permanently, fused left arm owing to an in jury). The idea is to maintain a constant radius throughout the swing. If you attempt to hyper extend your arms, this adds unwanted tension.

I have some videos of some of my home made contraptions should I decide to post later. we shall see.

anyway KUDOS on the review.

I had tied a couple of things. I took a 4 inch section of 1 1/2 in PVC slid over the grip and allowed by right hand slide all the way up the shaft in the backswing. This did not have the tension the MISIG has, but you could simply affix a stretch band to the PVC and attach the free end to your upper left arm. I then noted that I could accomplish the same thing without the PVC by simply keeping my right loose and allowing it to slide naturally up the club. Is this as good as the MISIG? probably not, but does provide "some" of the same results, especially in the in to out path during the down swing.

Back