Swing pain question

Kevlar10

Reaction score
Handicap
I’m not sure where to post this question so I’m going to put it in the general forum. I was at the range yesterday and I was hitting relatively well. My driver was pretty straight; I struggle with a slight fade on about 20% of my shots but not than 10-15 yards at worst. I chunk or top my irons occasionally, which right now is probably the worst part of my game. My question is about pain I’ve been having the day after. I’ve been to the range four times and only played one real round this year due to the weather. My question is that the morning after every range session, I’ve had significant pain in my left (front) elbow. The day after I played, my elbow was fine. Maybe it’s the repeated hard impact of my club hitting the mat behind the ball, or maybe it’s because I take more swings in a shorter period of time. Has anybody had a similar experience? At first, I thought it might be something similar to tennis elbow but after no pain on the course, I thinking it’s more related to the range. Any thoughts?

6b7164d8ed9cfc11e4582c19f2f33bc4.jpg

Don’t let it fester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tennis elbow. I get it hitting off my mat sometimes if I don't have a strap on my left arm. Wear a strap on your forearm and put the nubby portion on the top of the arm just before the elbow.
I have a torn ligament in my right elbow along with golfers elbow and wear 2 straps connected by a wide velcro piece so they don't separate.

I started getting this last year. I took weeks off at a time and it didn't help. So far this year I've had no issues. Really just having the whole winter season off probably helped, but I also thinking switching back to graphite shafts helped too.

I agree though - go have it checked out if it lingers.

Yep-tennis elbow. Recommended treatments are ice to reduce inflammation, stretching by bending your wrist up and down, and strengthening by squeezing a tennis ball or one of those spring type grip strengtheners. If you visit and orthopedist, he may recommend a cortisone injection. You have to be careful with it or you could tear something in the elbow. s

Please try...Castor oil under a cvs elastic compression support...then swing at 75%, no range, play 18 only & baby it. FWIW Castor oil fixes 'everything' lol

Please try...Castor oil under a cvs elastic compression support...then swing at 75%, no range, play 18 only & baby it. FWIW Castor oil fixes 'everything' lol

My mother swears her arthritic knees hurt less when she rubs castor oil on them.

Get a compression sleeve wrap for your elbow at Dick's Sporting Goods, they help a lot or they even make a tennis elbow wrap too. I have both for when my elbow acts up. A long layoff is usually the cure. I handle a lot of firewood during my busy season so I keep them nearby.

I have had this issue and the compression sleeves and straps do help. I have not had the pain on the outside for awhile now but dealing with it on the inside of both elbows now. Going to be trying some graphite shafts to see if that helps

6b7164d8ed9cfc11e4582c19f2f33bc4.jpg

Don’t let it fester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with my right elbow a few years ago. It got so bad that I couldn't even grip a wrench without doubling over in pain, which is bad considering I make a living as a mechanic. I dealt with it for about a year thinking it would get better if I laid off the golf. Nope. I finally went in to the doctor and got a cortisone shot. That was 3 years ago and I haven't had a problem since.

Back