Cut Blue DC Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Cut Golf is coming out with a new model to add to its lineup. The Cut Blue DC features a dual core designed to be fast and feel soft. Outer core being slightly firmer for speed, while softer compression core minimizes long game spin. Compression rating coming in at 105 and the ball features 360 dimples.

Should be available soon.
Cost $29

image002.jpg%4001D4FF1B.FECD1500-L.jpg

image001.jpg%4001D4FF1B.FECD1500-L.jpg

image003.jpg%4001D4FF1B.FECD1500-L.jpg

will this replace their regular cut blue, or be a new ball? i saw a video recently with the 2019 grey and what was called the 2019 blue, but maybe it was this blue dc.

that video was pretty wild. the 2019 blue performed significantly differently from the 2018 blue, and the 2019 grey ended up spinning quite a bit more than than the 2019 blue. it was further proof that for me, the golf ball buying decision might be the most confusing of all.

• Admin
will this replace their regular cut blue, or be a new ball? i saw a video recently with the 2019 grey and what was called the 2019 blue, but maybe it was this blue dc.

that video was pretty wild. the 2019 blue performed significantly differently from the 2018 blue, and the 2019 grey ended up spinning quite a bit more than than the 2019 blue. it was further proof that for me, the golf ball buying decision might be the most confusing of all.

As far as I know, it is an addition to the lineup.

Ordered a couple trial sleeves of these. They should be here Friday. If my swing cooperates I should be able to give some thoughts on them in a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might just try the Cut Blue since I have never used a 4 piece ball. They are a premium ball but at the price I wont be too mad if I lose one.

I missed out on the presale trial sleeves the other day. I want to try these but a 33% price increase over the regular cut blue is a little steep. At that price I can find deals on the new Z star or could just play Snell. I'll wait for some reviews to come in before giving these a try. There would have to be something significant there to sway me away from the previously mentioned balls.

These look better quality than the Cut's I tried in the past. Its just a visual thing, I know, but its something I took away from the pictures.

These look better quality than the Cut's I tried in the past. Its just a visual thing, I know, but its something I took away from the pictures.

seems they have changed the materials of the regular cut blue from last year to this year as well, less spin as well in one review.

seems they have changed the materials of the regular cut blue from last year to this year as well, less spin as well in one review.
When I emailed Cut about the testing I had done with the blue, they told me they were changing the cover for this year. Was sort of sad to see they lost that much spin by doing so.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ordered a couple trial sleeves of these. They should be here Friday. If my swing cooperates I should be able to give some thoughts on them in a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any news on how these played? Looks like they have a Bulk buy discount back on for a limited time and I thought I'd give these DC's a shot as well. Currently, gaming blue.

Any news on how these played? Looks like they have a Bulk buy discount back on for a limited time and I thought I'd give these DC's a shot as well. Currently, gaming blue.

Not really. Played a couple of them my last round but my swing was FUBAR. They seem to spin too much off the driver for me (same problem with the Blue) but it was probably just my crap swing.

I just want a great ball for $20 a dozen!

I just want a great ball for $20 a dozen!

Not really. Played a couple of them my last round but my swing was FUBAR. They seem to spin too much off the driver for me (same problem with the Blue) but it was probably just my crap swing.
Ha! Thanks.
I bought the blue ones in bulk early this year and have been gaming them only.

Cut golf changed them significantly for 2019 compared to 2018 though. For one they spin a lot less than the 2018 blue, which actually equated to tremendously gains off the tee! The other change however was not so good.

The very first hit I made with one was into a net with a wedge. The strike created two lines of "hanging chads" of cover material. I was shocked and thought this was possibly my bad luck with a defective ball. However, I have noticed this as a pattern with the ball in play.

Off the tee there is no issue, however, once you get a good strike with an iron during a round it happens.

I noticed that I'll go through sometimes two sleeves of balls before the round is over, not because I lost them but because of the cover issues. It's truly a shame because they do play so well. I'm hoping they get this problem addressed moving forward. I still want to game the blues until I'm out and then I might even try order a few more again to see if they have addressed the problem and solved it. I just want a great ball for $20 a dozen!

I like the dual core and 105 compression.

Solid $29 pricepoint

Golf Unfiltered spoke with Sam from Cut, and it was a good listen.

My main take away was his honesty. He never once said his ball is the best; that it’s the end all be all to golf balls. He is about giving the customer the best value. The DC is a step up for them, and even though it’s more than their other offerings, he still believes it performs comparably to other dual core balls costing much more.

They are starting to gear their marketing demographic from the young golfer, to more of a broad age group, without leaving their identity. They are big into social media, and this caters to the younger generations, so it will be interesting to see how they shift their focus without losing their core.

Interesting conversation about supply and demand for a company of their size. Articles or reviews can create large inventory swings for Cut. Something we take for granted when we are used to getting a ball from a large manufacturer on demand is that it's not always the same for Cut. They don't have the financial strength to take large risks by holding lots of inventory. It's a balancing act for them, from a customer service perspective vs supply chain perspective, and how to remain the most profitable doing it, while keeping people happy. Nobody likes to wait, especially in today's world.

Golf Unfiltered spoke with Sam from Cut, and it was a good listen.

My main take away was his honesty. He never once said his ball is the best; that it’s the end all be all to golf balls. He is about giving the customer the best value. The DC is a step up for them, and even though it’s more than their other offerings, he still believes it performs comparably to other dual core balls costing much more.

They are starting to gear their marketing demographic from the young golfer, to more of a broad age group, without leaving their identity. They are big into social media, and this caters to the younger generations, so it will be interesting to see how they shift their focus without losing their core.

Interesting conversation about supply and demand for a company of their size. Articles or reviews can create large inventory swings for Cut. Something we take for granted when we are used to getting a ball from a large manufacturer on demand is that it's not always the same for Cut. They don't have the financial strength to take large risks by holding lots of inventory. It's a balancing act for them, from a customer service perspective vs supply chain perspective, and how to remain the most profitable doing it, while keeping people happy. Nobody likes to wait, especially in today's world.

Nice Review and I'll listen to the Podcast tonight.

Let’s get it on!:
62c99cd450dec3ca54234f6ec44fce55.jpg

76a6676719b8d9d30369e72e5df7fcf4.jpg

8070c93b4e32a9184716998b77c2b351.jpg

Received my dozen today in the mail. Unfortunately, heavy rain and thunderstorms are preventing me from testing the ball today.

Let’s get the conversation started. I received my box of Cut balls in the mail yesterday. I had a tee time this morning and was excited to give them a go. The short story is that they feel pretty much like a Pro V1X or a Chrome Soft X off of the club with a full swing, chipping or off of a putter. The flight is that higher, spinning flight that you see with the “X” type tour balls.

I did not have my “A” game today. I have been down with bronchitis and I could feel it with my swing, when I tried to drive through the ball. However, I was able to get the ball around the course today, playing with another THPer, @Deadon500, whom I had never met before. (He plays a great game of golf, btw). I shot a 74, which included the highlight of a chip in eagle on a par 5.

The ball spins very well with the short game. My first tee shot, I hit a healy 3 wood that left me on the down slope of a ditch, almost in a water hazard. I was only able to throw a wedge at it, leaving me in front of the green. I nipped a 54 degree wedge and the ball sat right down after one bounce, 3 feet from the hole, as good as any premium ball would perform. On the next hole, a 160 yard par 3, I hit a solid 8 iron. I was playing my Cobra F9 irons and the ball flight was that soaring, strong draw that you see with those irons. The photo shows how the ball basically dropped and stopped, pin high to the left. Again, this was as good as any ball I could play at any price.

I saw good stopping power and spin throughout the round. The ball felt fine off of the putter. My only question going forward is whether the ball is quite as long as some of the premium balls I am used to playing. Again, I didn’t have my “A” swing today, so I will need a few more rounds when I am feeling a little better. However, to be able to shoot a nice score, not ever having played the ball before, is a great sign.

A few thoughts on durability... I played the same ball for 18 holes. On one par 3, I hit a sh__k, which left me to the right of the green hitting up over a mound. I could not see the green or the flag. I had about 70 yards to the pin and tried to hit a soft wedge with my 60 degree wedge. Unfortunately, @deadon500 told me I hit the cart path. Amazingly, the ball looked unblemished. After 18 holes, the ball could easily go another 18.

At $29 a dozen, this ball surely seems like a wonderful value

IMG_1288.jpgIMG_1289.jpgIMG_1290.jpgIMG_1293.jpgIMG_1294.jpgIMG_8250.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I will get this ball out soon for some solid short game and putting practice and add more thoughts. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Oh hey, well guess what was in the mailbox yesterday?

Headed to the course tomorrow for 36-54 and I’ll put this right into play. Also will bring the camera for pics and the Foresight GC2 to start getting some data!

We have touchdown! Four sleeves of the Cut Blue DC balls were in the mailbox and I’m ready to get some data this week.

First impressions are good - I spot checked a few balls and saw no major issues. The dimple pattern is a bit different than some balls on the market, with some larger and smaller dimples. The alignment line is thick and filled in, which I like.

We have touchdown! Four sleeves of the Cut Blue DC balls were in the mailbox and I’m ready to get some data this week.

First impressions are good - I spot checked a few balls and saw no major issues. The dimple pattern is a bit different than some balls on the market, with some larger and smaller dimples. The alignment line is thick and filled in, which I like.

Big thing for me is the quality of the cover finish and the actual script looks better. Last time I tried Cut they just LOOKED cheap and I couldn’t get over it.

Big thing for me is the quality of the cover finish and the actual script looks better. Last time I tried Cut they just LOOKED cheap and I couldn’t get over it.

It may be the lighting but do the balls seem a little off white to you? I’ll do some comparisons here shortly but I’m either on to something or in need of an eye exam.

Upon closer inspection, the ball I used for 18 holes yesterday has one small groove mark in it. It certainly would not affect the ball’s playability.
8411378001e9a0b28384fc4b692e89e0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back