cjroman

Club Hoing Ain't Easy
Reaction score
Handicap
Feelings
In other news...With all the Match Play goodness from the weekend...Tony Finau picked up his first PGA win in a playoff at the Puerto Rico Open...And Ian Poulter failed to close out another lead and still hasn't won since, well almost forever.

Big fan of Finau. Glad to see him break through. I expect to see his name pop up a few more times over his career.

Finau seems like a good emerging player. I can imagine it is a big boost to pick up a W in his second season, and locking up his tour card with so much of the season still to go.

Nike Golf has added some nice names to their stable of golfers with Finau and Koepka to go along with Rory, Patrick Rodgers, Kevin Chappel, Jamie Lovemark, Russell Henley, Paul Casey and Charl Schwartzel, just to name a few. Still have never been a fan of their equipment for some reason.

Finau seems like a good emerging player. I can imagine it is a big boost to pick up a W in his second season, and locking up his tour card with so much of the season still to go.

And a heck of a nice guy.

Anyone else secretly hoping Poulter continues to play so horribly he isn't even a consideration for a Captain's pick?

Anyone else secretly hoping Poulter continues to play so horribly he isn't even a consideration for a Captain's pick?

nope, I want him on the EU team.

Watching Merino puke that last playoff hole away with a DJ-esque 3-putt was brutal but I'm glad Finau broke through

Big fan of Finau. Glad to see him break through. I expect to see his name pop up a few more times over his career.

Great win for Finau! Must have been the Golf Strong training :wink:

Like Finau and hope this leads to more success going forward for him.

Nice to see him get the win. To think when he started playing golf the family couldn't afford for him and his brother to go to the range for a $7.50'bucketnof balls but maybe once a week so they hit balls in the garage into a mattress

When I saw the leader board after Saturday and saw Poulter in the lead and Finau in the hunt I thought Tony might pull it out. That tournament has been a good place for breakout stars to make a name for themselves. Great to see Finau win

My instructor last year knows and played with Tony in Utah and told me over and over he expected great things from him. Great to see him win. Finau will no doubt win more PGA events.

And a heck of a nice guy.

I heard this from a close friend that was able to play with him in a pro am several years ago. Also think it says quite a bit that all the Callaway guys tweeted congrats to him even though he went to Nike in January.

Great to see Finau pick up a victory.

It was a great playoff victory for Finau. He and Marino were playing some scrappy golf. Awesome to see Finau purposely aim to the right of the fairway 3 or 4 times in a row and make it work for birdie over and over again.

Back