Video Games Thread

I actually just redeemed six months of Gamepass this weekend. Pretty unreal the amount of games in there. And now there will be even more
I’m hoping this fires up the competition and Sony makes some changes

For any open world fans, Ghost of Tsushima is wonderful. Kinda blown away by the visuals in this game. Gameplay is smooth. And the load times, at least on PS5, are so fast that I don't even really understand how it's possible on a console like this considering how expansive the actual game is. We mostly got it to bridge the gap between releases that we were waiting for and it's been impressive.

For any open world fans, Ghost of Tsushima is wonderful. Kinda blown away by the visuals in this game. Gameplay is smooth. And the load times, at least on PS5, are so fast that I don't even really understand how it's possible on a console like this considering how expansive the actual game is. We mostly got it to bridge the gap between releases that we were waiting for and it's been impressive.
It’s on my next to play list. Can’t wait

Anyone playing PGA Tour 2K21? I have it on Switch and am really enjoying it.

Since I'm done with Halo, got back in to Mass Effect Legendary Edition after a reminder from this thread. The ME2 is sooooo good and was such and insane step forward, gameplay and fluidness, from ME1. It was a fun weekend getting back in to it.

Nintendo Switch for sure.
I echo this. We have a 9 and 6 year old and they love the Switch

On my list. It looks amazing

Since I'm done with Halo, got back in to Mass Effect Legendary Edition after a reminder from this thread. The ME2 is sooooo good and was such and insane step forward, gameplay and fluidness, from ME1. It was a fun weekend getting back in to it.
I never got into mass effect (tried getting into ME1 back in the day and had a hard time with the combat and rover controls) but I am intrigued to try it again. I loved KOTOR and heard there are some similarities 🤷‍♂️

I never got into mass effect (tried getting into ME1 back in the day and had a hard time with the combat and rover controls) but I am intrigued to try it again. I loved KOTOR and heard there are some similarities 🤷‍♂️
ME1 was a real slog. If the story didn't hook me quickly, I absolutely see how others were turned off by the actual mechanics of the game. The combat sucked especially on insanity difficulty and the Mako rover was the worst thing to ever be introduced in to a game. I hate it that much.

ME 2 and 3 are SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. Honestly, you could skip right to 2. But you do miss out on some big decisions in 1 and some payoffs with those characters are much better in the other games if you've played 1. I would just put it on a super easy difficulty and try to fly through it.

ME 2 and 3 are worth every second though. Combat is much improved from 1 to 2 and even more from 2 to 3. And every other game mechanic is improved too.

ME1 was a real slog. If the story didn't hook me quickly, I absolutely see how others were turned off by the actual mechanics of the game. The combat sucked especially on insanity difficulty and the Mako rover was the worst thing to ever be introduced in to a game. I hate it that much.

ME 2 and 3 are SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. Honestly, you could skip right to 2. But you do miss out on some big decisions in 1 and some payoffs with those characters are much better in the other games if you've played 1. I would just put it on a super easy difficulty and try to fly through it.

ME 2 and 3 are worth every second though. Combat is much improved from 1 to 2 and even more from 2 to 3. And every other game mechanic is improved too.
Yeah I really wanted to experience 2 and 3 but get like I wouldn’t get the full experience skipping 1. I like the idea of playing it on super easy to cruise through

Yeah I really wanted to experience 2 and 3 but get like I wouldn’t get the full experience skipping 1. I like the idea of playing it on super easy to cruise through
You can change your class in the next two but just be a Soldier in 1 and tear through everything with your guns. Assault Rifle and Shotgun are essentially all you need. Also upgrade your gun with anything that decrease heat build up and increases damage. Everything should go quick :LOL:

I’m hoping this fires up the competition and Sony makes some changes

I doubt it - while Sony has been ahead in the overall console wars (mainly due to exclusives) their online offerings and backward compatibility have lagged significantly forever. I do not see them changing focus to try to catch up - I think MS is way too far ahead on that front. I think Sony will do the bare minimum as they currently are and continue to focus like they do on exclusives and we'll see where that goes.

Finally started Red Dead Redemption 2 last night. I am so behind the times!

Rover is fixed in remastered, FWIW

I've been playing Marvel's Avengers. My little boy loves it, and it kind of sucked me in. I also switch to Ghost Recon and Assassin's Creed Valhalla to mix it up.

Rover is fixed in remastered, FWIW
They fixed it and made it slightly less horrible. A pile of crap, is still a pile of crap though :LOL: Noone will ever convince me the Mako is a fun experience in ME1

It's a great game. So so long though.

That's why I wanted to jump in. I love longer RPGs like Final Fantasy, Last Of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc. I've gotten bored with sports games over the years, I like franchise/Be A Pro modes but it just ends up being too repetitive.

I've been playing Marvel's Avengers. My little boy loves it, and it kind of sucked me in. I also switch to Ghost Recon and Assassin's Creed Valhalla to mix it up.

Try Guardians of the Galaxy if you get a chance. Such a great single player game and the story is arguably better than any of the movies. Just overall a great game. One of my favorites of 2021.

That's why I wanted to jump in. I love longer RPGs like Final Fantasy, Last Of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc. I've gotten bored with sports games over the years, I like franchise/Be A Pro modes but it just ends up being too repetitive.
I miss having time for some of that stuff. 😕

Legendary Edition via gamepass has all 3 right? I might need to get on that quick

Back