Video Games Thread

After about an 8 year hiatus from gaming, I'm back on the Xbox. opted to just get the series S and loving this thing. Unfortunately I can only get some time to play when the kids are asleep.

So, annually my friends and I (we're talking High School + College + Rando's) all get together in a basement for a weekend and do a gaming weekend. Turns out that is this upcoming weekend. We've been doing this since people started getting their own places and continue the tradition ever since. We play some fun new games, some silly old games and every once in a while it's some table top games as well.

We've also matured throughout the years and gone from Dorito's and Mountain Dew to having healthy snacks and water - just a result of people getting older.

So, annually my friends and I (we're talking High School + College + Rando's) all get together in a basement for a weekend and do a gaming weekend. Turns out that is this upcoming weekend. We've been doing this since people started getting their own places and continue the tradition ever since. We play some fun new games, some silly old games and every once in a while it's some table top games as well.

We've also matured throughout the years and gone from Dorito's and Mountain Dew to having healthy snacks and water - just a result of people getting older.
Man, that sounds awesome!! That used to be a normal thing for my gaming group back in the day. So much fun. Good call on the water over Mountain Dew but y'all have to have some Doritos lol

Anyone play Apex and want to play some? I'm tired of ransoms it's just brutal playing with them. I'm not that great but I think playing with others and getting consistent and having comms should at least make it more fun.

Man, that sounds awesome!! That used to be a normal thing for my gaming group back in the day. So much fun. Good call on the water over Mountain Dew but y'all have to have some Doritos lol
Then you get cheesy keyboards - not cool at all!

That sounds amazing. Brings memories of elementary / middle school LAN parties.

16427317620506451996016722945152.jpg

I've been playing a bit of Cities/Skylines the last couple days. Pretty fun stuff - Reminds me of my old Sim City 2000 days hahaha

I've been playing a bit of Cities/Skylines the last couple days. Pretty fun stuff - Reminds me of my old Sim City 2000 days hahaha
Those were the days! I wonder how many hours I spent playing that game.

Those were the days! I wonder how many hours I spent playing that game.
If it was anything like me, toooooo many!

This game is incredible though - you get to see so much activity, and deal with traffic haha - ugh the traffic.

Reactions: KEV
If it was anything like me, toooooo many!

This game is incredible though - you get to see so much activity, and deal with traffic haha - ugh the traffic.
I'll have to check that one out. I bet it would be fun to get in to a game like that again.

World of Warships time tonight!

Does anyone have COD Vanguard for PS5? My lag is unbelievably bad, while my internet speeds are really good. I've read complaints online.... And some "fixes" but none of them have worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've been playing Valheim quite a lot lately. Really digging that game.

If you want a game to zone out to I can't recommend Subnautica enough. It's on gamepass at the mo. Once you get past the learning curve, it's amazing

Sony bought Bungie - it feels real knee jerk to the recent MS acquisitions. Right now Bungie doesn't have much to speak of outside of Destiny (which is amazing I played so much of both one and two)

Doing another play though now the Mass Effect legendary is on game pass. Kind of cruised through number 1, I’m about 5 missions left to finish #2 on insanity. Combat on that has aged much better than the first.

Back