Video Games Thread

Borderland 2 extra content release: very cool add on to get the hype going for Borderlands 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best Destiny content ever IMO was The Taken King. I don't think they've come close to it since. I don't remember how many times we did that raid before the next Xpack dropped. D2 was such a disappointment to me. Frustrating and a waste of time. I left it and never went back. I've been playing Elite Dangerous.

The latest updates have been relatively solid. Year of the drifter was not.

If you go back now and haven't played since year one of D2, there's plenty to do.

Major changes to Destiny are incoming it sounds like. Going off of what a friend said, they are going free to play with an annual pass? Saw a brief video where Bungie was mentioning that their next major expansion in September is completely Activision free. They may win me back yet.

Going subscription would be AMAZING, as long as it's not pay to win.

Also, that sub fee better equal more content.

It has my attention. I don't know any details. A buddy of mine mentioned a season pass type model. Don't know how long the seasons would be.

I've had a firm belief that Activision was behind a lot of the missteps. With them out of the picture, I'm hoping for great things.

I haven't turned my PS4 on in two months. Not sure if I'll pick up the PS5 at this pace. Our company just started a gaming PC line. Contemplating building a rig. But, I would have to wait for either some deals or freebies to come my way from ASUS or Intel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

E3 was interesting to follow this year. First time I watched in forever.

So many great games coming in 2020. Microsoft absolutely killed it on their presentation.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I've gone back to God of War and doing the new game + mode on a higher difficulty. Real good fun and lots of new armor sets have been added.

Anyone planning to pickup Gears of War 5? Good lord the time I spent on the prior iterations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gone back to God of War and doing the new game + mode on a higher difficulty. Real good fun and lots of new armor sets have been added.
I have been meaning to start GoW back up again but have been playing D2 on the PC. Since they announced their new plan I have gotten the previous 2 dlc for free.

I have been meaning to start GoW back up again but have been playing D2 on the PC. Since they announced their new plan I have gotten the previous 2 dlc for free.

I just don't want to get sucked into D2 again so a game like GoW is perfect for me. Doing all the extra little bits seems to have more meaning unlike in other games.

I just don't want to get sucked into D2 again so a game like GoW is perfect for me. Doing all the extra little bits seems to have more meaning unlike in other games.

I tend to agree. The only reason I have D2 on PC is because I got it for free, back before they released a dlc for it to drum up players. But, I tend to stay away from anything that requires a multiplayer experience, since it was free I figured why not.

Last edited:
Finally got burnt out on Division 2 so I grabbed Far Cry 5 last week. Not too far in, but seems like it will be a fun one. Have played the others and enjoyed going through the stories.

Right now on Steam they are giving away a free copy of Tomb Raider from 2013 this is only till the 24th I think.

I got nostalgic when I finished Doom 2016 this past winter so i went on GOG.com and bought Doom 2 and Final Doom for 2.99. Running them through the Chocolate Doom emulator. Final Doom is really hard on Ultra Violence but a lot of fun.

So has anyone been playing anything lately?

I know in past posts I have not shown a lot of love for online multiplayer but I have been playing Destiny 2 a lot with the stay at home, anyone else playing this on PC?

I know in past posts I have not shown a lot of love for online multiplayer but I have been playing Destiny 2 a lot with the stay at home, anyone else playing this on PC?

I played Destiny 2 when it first came out but it’s been probably 2 years since I’ve touched it.

I need a new Switch game. Really enjoyed Zelda BOTW. Any thoughts?

Last of Us 2 is my focus here on the 19th. Need to make another play through on the original before then.

Gone back to my CS days and enjoying some CS GO

About to finish my first play through of The Witcher 3 with both DLCs. Patiently waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 to be released.

I actually just this weekend started playing FF VII again, this time on Switch. Still my second favorite game of all-time.

Also, been considering getting back into Arcade Machine collection and repairs...
It should be first. Best game out there.

I didn’t see them mentioned, but the two best games from my childhood and we become studs on the boardwalk were Donkey Kong and Smash TV. (More Prizes, I Love It! )

I still play it! I mainly play on the ps4, but with cross save I also have a copy on my PC. I don't know how to group up on the PC. But I am currently light level 1025, and waiting for next Tuesday!

It should be first. Best game out there.
Last of Us is the best game I’ve ever played, it dethroned VII significantly for me.

And I’d argue VIII is actually the better FF game, but VII is more sentimental to me.

Last of Us is the best game I’ve ever played, it dethroned VII significantly for me.

And I’d argue VIII is actually the better FF game, but VII is more sentimental to me.
I’m going to have to check that out then.

I still play it! I mainly play on the ps4, but with cross save I also have a copy on my PC. I don't know how to group up on the PC. But I am currently light level 1025, and waiting for next Tuesday!

Nice I have it on the PS4 as well but I mainly play on my PC, mostly because my TV is so small I have to get really close to play. Most of the time when I play PvE I am all alone and very rarely have anyone around. If you get your PC going look for me on steam I am copenhagerman on there as well.

Back