Skytrak golf site now up, $$$ ?????

Some SkyTrak content within the video.
May or may not be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PFpOGGAJJw

Nice setup there! How far do you have between the red skytrak dot and the impact screen? In the initial planning stages of helping my dad setup an indoor sim in his basement. Skytrak is looking like a pretty good option now that it integrates with TGC.

Nice setup there! How far do you have between the red skytrak dot and the impact screen? In the initial planning stages of helping my dad setup an indoor sim in his basement. Skytrak is looking like a pretty good option now that it integrates with TGC.

Hey Misike, Not much. maybe 6-7'. Enough to not catch the screen or net with driver. I can measure when I get home. I get very little ball rebound with my ghetto setup. Not pretty but very functional. I am going to build out my sim area in the fall I think. I may set it back a bit. The upside to being close is that flops and full SW/LW do not catch the ceiling. Not sure what options are coming down the road but I have enjoyed the ST over the winter.

Have used ST outside for up to 70 yards in the side yard. It is baller. Yardages hold true with laser rangefinder and targets. Cool to shape a little shots and see them mirrored on the ST. Seeing a launch at a certain LA with all the data is educational. SkyTrak is closed data so I has no idea about wind. It interesting how the wind affects shortish shots. The temp and humidity does make a difference when settings are changed. I am only about 550' above sea level so I don't get much benefit there... LOL..
Thanks for checking out the video.

97 mph CH speed with a wedge?! Nice!! Ha ha :)

EDIT: Watched Gregg's video and he stated that it's ball data only.. Make sense :)

I ignore SSpeed.. Not sure about how that is calculated. I have noticed that if the ballspeed & the SSpeed are close the ball feels like it has a lot of zip on it.. The ones where the club is faster than the ball even more so.. Once I get to a launch angle above 40* the spin begins to fall. I have caught some flops at 52* LA that spin really low 2k or so. Some there is a bell curve on spin returns.

I started playing around with this crazy shot and took it to the extreme.. I played it a couple times out west and one guy demanded I show him how .. He bladed 2 balls and said forget it. Combination of launch angle, speed, spin loft & A of A. With the right lie I have have this work with about 15 yards of carry. It is weird looking but effective. Check out the video.

http://youtu.be/MSI5RcACBSs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure about skytrak but if you are running "the golf club" a laptop will run it but not optimal. I have 2117U Intel Pentium with only 4GB memory. I had to turn the graphics all the way down and it is kind of laggy. I assume the game takes much more graphics power than just the skytrak screen

wyz - what are your computer's specs? i know skytrak says a core 2 duo 2.0Ghz processor is minimum, but just wondering if that really gives good results or should i get something much more powerful?

laptop vs desktop?

laptop is more mobile, can be moved from place to place, but desktop is easier to replace components, usually more bang for buck, etc.

I run the ST mainly off of iPad 2 air when using it as a LM.. I have limited experience as a sim... Golf simulator forum has good info on st.. I will hold off on sim stuff until the fall..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a new phone.. Anyone run the iOS app from iPhone 6+

Got a new phone.. Anyone run the iOS app from iPhone 6+

Yup, works fine no problems.

If you are going to do sim (either TGC or PG), don't go cheap on the computer. It's an investment and worth it to do it right.

If you are going to do sim (either TGC or PG), don't go cheap on the computer. It's an investment and worth it to do it right.

I'm not sure a computer is an investment. I agree you need to go robust, but they certainly aren't investments

I'm not sure a computer is an investment. I agree you need to go robust, but they certainly aren't investments

Sorry I meant the sim software is an investment, so why get less than the best out of it by going cheap on the hardware.

In case anyone was holding out on getting the skytrak until the ES16 comes out. The ES16 is going to be $5900. Glad I didn't wait.

In case anyone was holding out on getting the skytrak until the ES16 comes out. The ES16 is going to be $5900. Glad I didn't wait.

https://vimeo.com/159691376 Glad I didn't wait either.. Couldn't do this 3 months ago..

i assume you cannot connect an ipad directly to skytrak AS WELL AS to apple tv?

Absolutely you can. You have to be in Network mode all on the same wifi network to do it.

right - but you HAVE to be in network mode, right? if you do not have a wifi network, and are forced to connect directly with skytrak, you cannot also connect to apple tv?

Unless things have changed you need to have wifi to connect or AirPlay iPhone/iPad with the Apple TV. Will not work if you don't have a wifi network.

Unless things have changed you need to have wifi to connect or AirPlay iPhone/iPad with the Apple TV. Will not work if you don't have a wifi network.

That is incorrect. Using the cable I listed above I have been able to directly mirror my iPhone on my Apple TV.

i'm trying to decide between apple tv OR that cable

if ATV does not work wirelessly if you do not have a wifi network, that makes the decision easy. I don't want to buy both ATV AND that cable.

Sorry, Typo. That should be TV, not Apple TV. The cable runs from the iOS device to the TV. I'll put some video of it up later tonight.

Here you go, video proof. You will see my daughters iPad which is in airplane mode. It is only connected to the TV via HDMI to lightning adapter which is plugged into an HDMI cable which plugs directly to the TV.

https://vimeo.com/160673865

i'm trying to decide between apple tv OR that cable

if ATV does not work wirelessly if you do not have a wifi network, that makes the decision easy. I don't want to buy both ATV AND that cable.

Here you go, video proof. You will see my daughters iPad which is in airplane mode. It is only connected to the TV via HDMI to lightning adapter which is plugged into an HDMI cable which plugs directly to the TV.

https://vimeo.com/160673865

I just want to clarify so that illyc is not confused. He had originally asked about connection with APPLE TV http://www.apple.com/tv/ Apple TV is not a display/monitor, it is a device that will stream data to a TV/Monitor/display. You can you use an Apple TV to stream or mirror the skytrak app onto a TV, BUT you have to have a wifi network. iPhone/ipad connects wirelessly via WIFI to the Apple TV (which is connected directly to a TV via HDMI) and displays the image on the TV.

OR you can connect directly to the TV...which is what rbarthle's video shows. This just requires the adaptor he posted earlier...and the iPhone/ipad is connected directly to the TV. Apple TV is not needed in this scenerio.

If you don't already have an Apple TV and the TV you want to mirror your iPhone onto is close by(or have a very long HDMI cable) then you don't need an APPLE TV. The apple TV will only help if you want to mirror your iPhone/ipad wirelessly to the TV and not connect it directly to the TV.

^^right

thanks all. again, to clarify, i was trying to decide between using ATV (wirelessly) OR the lightning-to-hdmi adapter cable to connect ipad to TV. not both. taking into consideration the freedom that using ATV (wirelessly) would give me, was a great benefit. but in the random situation in which i might not have a wifi network, now knowing that ATV would not work in that situation, makes me move in the other direction WTR to that decision. a hard wired connection between ipad and TV makes more sense.

I have an ATV & use the hardwired option as well.. One less thing to do wireless ..

My iPad Air broke a couple months ago and have been using my daughters' iPad mini 2 and mini 4. FINALLY picked up the iPad Pro 9.7 yesterday and just got finished setting it up. Now I don't have to hear my girls complaining when I'm using my skytrak lol. Wonder if I'll notice a difference in how fast it renders shots.

so far i'm very impressed with the skytrak. results are always what i expect them to be based on how i've hit the ball. having the target greens on the range is awesome and the skills competitions are really fun. i can see so many ways to use this machine. my rep told me to position the ball with some sort of marking facing towards the skytrak - anyone have any info on that being beneficial or not?

I typically just drop and ball down and really do not worry about the logo face the camera.. I have had no problems with no reads or bad reads. I will sometime put the logo face with Driver because I have to tee it up anyway...

Back