Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up the pup. We're now trying to pick a name. We're at Jax or King. Thoughts?

Cute puppy. I like Jax, less common than king I would think.

Kappy's 4th birthday...

40f9206d82682db27c3397dda9a36bac.jpg

Very cute.

I have done this.
Will do this again.
I never mind doing it.

so my fiancee showed me pictures of a nice chocolate lab pup that needs a new home. after losing ours a while back, I never thought I'd want another chocolate lab, but the ponder is on

so my fiancee showed me pictures of a nice chocolate lab pup that needs a new home. after losing ours a while back, I never thought I'd want another chocolate lab, but the ponder is on

Give up, my friend. You know you'll do it!

Hey buddy, don't think of yourself, just think how lucky that little lab is when you bring it home and they becomes part of your family and you guys share a good life with it, and just in case you missed it v-man is right, give up now and be happy with that little puppy for years to come.

The little blue heeler is about to turn 15. She is showing her age: deaf, poor vision, a tilted head and balance issues from old dog vestibular, and food sensitivities. We call her Missus tilty head anymore. Our border collie has become her service dog. Hardest part for us is that we can't leave her to travel. She needs special feeding and panics if we're not around. She's earned whatever she needs, but this is a hard time in her life. But of course there is still that cowdog spunk I mostly love. Every day she wakes me at 4:45am because morning walk and food is just sooooo good!
3a1fbe65bea52e7f58cb5f2916792d3e.jpg

Waiting for my daughter to get done school.

5c6017cfb351538844497514cb0b8260.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting for my daughter to get done school.

5c6017cfb351538844497514cb0b8260.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet he goes crazy when he first spots her coming out! He's on the lookout.

Wish I had videoed the dogs when I walked in Tuesday. They haven't seen me in three weeks. One was surprised to see me walk in. Actually looked confused until she realized who was walking in.
The little dog heard me talking and came flying to me, plowed thru the bigger dog to get to me. He's a funny little guy.

Forgot how much work a puppy is.
We’ve had the pup for 3 days now. Woke up this morning around 5 to him going absolutely crazy in his crate. Checked and he’s covered in poop. Poor guy is having some tummy problems.

We’ve had the pup for 3 days now. Woke up this morning around 5 to him going absolutely crazy in his crate. Checked and he’s covered in poop. Poor guy is having some tummy problems.

Keep the faith - we went through that with our pup a few weeks ago - vet put her on a probiotic (plain vanilla yogurt w/o sweetener will also work) and that settled her down. You can also use pumpkin if you have it.

The sleeping will get better. We turned the corner about a week ago and she sleeps all night now.

The wife and I are parenting a new pub as well. In lieu of a crate, we got a dog pen. It looks like indoor fencing and comes in 8 connected sections so it can be shaped as needed. We were able to put in a pillow bed, a water bowl, some toys and what the wife calls a "poop pad" (apparently they are scented somehow to get the pup to use it. ) still giving room for the pup to move around. This arrangement may minimize the poop covering problem, we have not had to deal with it, which may be just plain luck.

Keep the faith - we went through that with our pup a few weeks ago - vet put her on a probiotic (plain vanilla yogurt w/o sweetener will also work) and that settled her down. You can also use pumpkin if you have it.

The sleeping will get better. We turned the corner about a week ago and she sleeps all night now.

Just be careful with pumpkin, too much actually makes the situation worse. You have to find the sweet spot with it.

You can also give a dog pepto if they have an upset belly. Ask your vet and they will tell you the proper dosage for your dog's size.

Just be careful with pumpkin, too much actually makes the situation worse. You have to find the sweet spot with it.

You can also give a dog pepto if they have an upset belly. Ask your vet and they will tell you the proper dosage for your dog's size.

Agreed - we did a teaspoon with some rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back