Trying To Break 90 Club

I tried opening the face during my setup once today and ended up hitting a dead straight push. That's what I get for trying a change in the course!

I tried opening the face during my setup once today and ended up hitting a dead straight push. That's what I get for trying a change in the course!
At least it wasn't a pull hook :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Another 95 with a penalty and 2 bunkers that I just went right under the ball for an additional 2 strokes. I did try a few holes using 3-wood on the tee, turns out I was longer & straighter than driver. Hmm, I got some tinkering to do

First day out, yesterday, front 9 hole on our favorite muni (front nine is a par 34). Shot a 42, including an 8 blowup on a par 5 and one in the water at a par 4. Felt pretty good. Birdied #1

Added Calloway XR hybrids (19 and 27) and an XR wood (16) to the bag over the winter and hit them indoors at the range. Damn, they felt great yesterday. Random Used bin pickups for $40 each. The lie and standard R shafts work for my swing.

2 rounds over the holiday weekend. First one:
9b780e0de0bc6f875263ba7eab6871bf.jpg

Got to 18 knowing par would do it. Hooked my drive into the junk and it was downhill from there. That was my worst drive of the day. All in all, the GBB was a monster. Long and straight all day.
2nd round:
22919342f22c649a58a2e08bcc409d33.jpg

Again, driver was working all day. I can't say enough about the GBB, never had this much confidence on the tee. Had a good round with my irons too. Putting was clearly the issue this weekend. The first round, the greens had recently been sanded but that's no excuse. My putting was woeful. 2nd round, front 9 was more of the same with 3 3-putt bogies but I managed to turn it around with the flat stick which definitely helped. Including the birdie on 14 which was a right to left downhill slider from about 15 ft that I dropped in the center of the cup.
Putting has been achilles the last few rounds. Will be spending some extra time on the putting green over the next few rounds to try and rectify that.

2 rounds over the holiday weekend. First one:

Got to 18 knowing par would do it. Hooked my drive into the junk and it was downhill from there. That was my worst drive of the day. All in all, the GBB was a monster. Long and straight all day.
2nd round:

Again, driver was working all day. I can't say enough about the GBB, never had this much confidence on the tee. Had a good round with my irons too. Putting was clearly the issue this weekend. The first round, the greens had recently been sanded but that's no excuse. My putting was woeful. 2nd round, front 9 was more of the same with 3 3-putt bogies but I managed to turn it around with the flat stick which definitely helped. Including the birdie on 14 which was a right to left downhill slider from about 15 ft that I dropped in the center of the cup.
Putting has been achilles the last few rounds. Will be spending some extra time on the putting green over the next few rounds to try and rectify that.

Nice rounds! On another note that GolfPadGPS has the best graphical presentation of all the apps out there IMO.

Nice rounds! On another note that GolfPadGPS has the best graphical presentation of all the apps out there IMO.

Yea - big fan of GolfPad - especially the GPS portion of it for courses I don't know. To be able to get a birds eye view and see if there is trouble on the hole is great.

Shot even par yesterday... on a pitch-n-putt, all holes 60 yards or less :banana:

Also had my first hole in one - sort of. 55 yard hole over water. I only took SW and putter on the course and was practicing opening the face and hitting lobs. I left the tee shot short and it rolled back in the water.

Dropped a ball on the, hit another lob - bounced once and rolled into the cup for a hole in... three, I suppose.

In all seriousness it was a fun little pitch-n-putt. Very challenging, water on several holes, strategically placed trees, etc. Had a blast.

Shot even par yesterday... on a pitch-n-putt, all holes 60 yards or less :banana:

Also had my first hole in one - sort of. 55 yard hole over water. I only took SW and putter on the course and was practicing opening the face and hitting lobs. I left the tee shot short and it rolled back in the water.

Dropped a ball on the, hit another lob - bounced once and rolled into the cup for a hole in... three, I suppose.

In all seriousness it was a fun little pitch-n-putt. Very challenging, water on several holes, strategically placed trees, etc. Had a blast.

That sounds like a blast and really good short game practice! Where is it at? Are semi local par 3 course shut down several years ago...

It's way up in St. Charles. My daughter has been in the hospital out there and visiting hours aren't until 7:30 pm so I had to find a way to kill time after work before visiting her.

Here's a link http://www.golf-headquarters.com/

Thankfully she was discharged last night and is home now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's way up in St. Charles. My daughter has been in the hospital out there and visiting hours aren't until 7:30 pm so I had to find a way to kill time after work before visiting her.

Here's a link http://www.golf-headquarters.com/

Thankfully she was discharged last night and is home now.

Really good to hear she doing better, may have to check it out some time if I'm up that way and have to kill some time.

3314f140d90c0c1db52e9429c7d53f98.jpg

acd0d5ad499252af62a8c3992bfe5bf2.jpg

Shot a 91 yesterday. Driver was good and putting was great. Playing again tomorrow on a shorter course so I'm hoping to break the 90s.

I played today and kept my streak of shooting around 90. Shot 46/44-90, my driving was pretty good averaging close to 250 yds with a few missed fairways which weren't too far off. After two rounds of 34-32 putts, today I had 38, a bit of a let down. Had a nice approach my with 5 iron on a 210 yards par 3, got to about 10 ft from the cup.

5 pars, 7 bogeys, 6 double+, 3 penalties, 38 putts, 5/12 FIR, 6/18 GIR, 0/12 up&down, Drive: Avg 253 yards, long 263 yards

Played like crap last night for men's night. I was +5 after 2. but I won 3rd low gross in my flight. hahahahaha. Oh well being even on money is a good thing right?

Played outside Yesterday on a wet, soggy course with crappy greens - and my swing was crappy to match. Shot 49/48 for a 97 (with 3 OB penalties).

Worked on my swing this morning & played 18 holes of sim golf (weekly league): 39/46 for an 85. I know it's sim golf, but I'm still pretty psyched about breaking 90! I hit some really good shots - I'm starting to make real solid contact, and in fact this is part of the reason the scores were higher the second nine; I was making club choices based on an average swing/result, and instead I was hitting my irons & FW woods about 10 yards farther than the first nine. More importantly, those shots were headed straight at the pin.

Now I just need to take this improved game outside!

48/46 today.. Much tougher course than the previous two I have played though. Included a 7 on a very easy (#17 handicap) par 3.. a triple on a par 5.. and a double where I was 60 yards from the hole after my tee shot. So yeah, a lot of wasted strokes.

Finishing my 27th hole today... spent the last three holes behind a twosome hitting from the tips that haven't hit a tee shot more that 100y yet. Maybe my club needs to put up more "play it forward" signs.

Finishing my 27th hole today... spent the last three holes behind a twosome hitting from the tips that haven't hit a tee shot more that 100y yet. Maybe my club needs to put up more "play it forward" signs.

That's the worst!!! I got behind a foursome once this year already that was the same way, it drives me nuts!!! 27 holes today sounds like a good day. Hope the tendinitis doesn't flare up too bad on you.

89 today and finished double bogey on 17 and a double bogey on 18. Downward now I hope. Finally starting to come together.

That's the worst!!! I got behind a foursome once this year already that was the same way, it drives me nuts!!! 27 holes today sounds like a good day. Hope the tendinitis doesn't flare up too bad on you.

Went 47/48/47... not a bad day. Beautiful weather although a bit windy.

The thumb is fine until I hit one fat. Then it feels like it is on fire. It's awesome.

Went 47/48/47... not a bad day. Beautiful weather although a bit windy.

The thumb is fine until I hit one fat. Then it feels like it is on fire. It's awesome.

Sounds like you need to look at some graphite shafts for the irons, that's what I've got in my J15's and they're a lot easier on the joints. Never had thumb issues, but fat shots would put me in some pain in my pinky finger.

Played 94 yesterday (51-43) in 20+ mph winds. It was my first time at Kings Links by the Sea and my first time on a links type course. Got 2 birdies, 11 bogeys, no pars... first time that I don't hit a par! ha ha... We were driving into the wind for most holes. Got a 290 yards drive on the 10th.

Next time out will be this Saturday for 36 holes at Furry Creek with 5 THP'ers where Happy Gilmore got his ass kicked by Bob Barker!

47/43-90 today in the wind and, on the 6th green, thru the hail. First time I've ever putted while being pelted by hailstones.

Made par on 14, 15, 16 and 17... striped the drive on 18... then thinned the approach shot over the back of the green. Had to pitch out of the long grass, two putts for bogey and a 90.

I have yet to sniff the 90s this season. I'm still scraping off the rust. I couldn't hit anything today on the front 9 aside from a couple of tee shots on the par 3s. Finally on the 8th hole I turned off my Game Golf and started just playing. I think it was a distraction. Concerned more with how I was going to look on the web site than what I was doing, and it was frustrating me to no end. I'd stopped tagging on the 6th hole anyway. My driver was all over the place on the front 9 so bad that I put it in the dog house on the 8th hole. 3W? No. That wouldn't be any better. I started using my 4 iron off the tee. I know I can hit it straight and I know I can hit a bullet. Go to what works.

So on the back 9 I made 3 pars. I started making solid contact with the ball again. I made only 3 bad shots on the back 9 which was a drastic improvement over the front 9 where I think I made a dozen bad shots.

This season is a work in progress. Time to work on my driver and short game.

I did it today, probably the earliest I've ever done it playing over 6000 yards, played 6100 today. Shot a 45/41 for an 86, ball striking was really solid today, I did leave some strokes out there around and on the greens. Short game came up short today, I had 36 putts and the chipping wasn't great so I need to work on that. Besides that I'm pretty thrilled with how I played today. Best stat I had today was 67% GIR on the back 9, ended up 44% on the day because I wasn't very good off the tee on the front and put myself in some tough spots, but still not mad about 44% because that's not bad really. I also didn't lose any balls again today, actually retired a ball after 36 holes.

Back