Calling all Carolinians

Trump is a fantastic course. They can stretch it out to 7400 from the back, but we "only" played the blues today (6400). The greens were in amazing shape, if you didn't catch a spike mark from the idiots in front of us. The bermuda is starting to come out, which will make the rough play much more penal.

I'd like to play the golds sometime (7000) and see how I score.

Surprise potential visit to Raleigh this weekend. Anyone free for an early am round sat or sun?

Surprise potential visit to Raleigh this weekend. Anyone free for an early am round sat or sun?
Confirmed. Will be in Raleigh this weekend. Will be available for a morning round on Saturday. Wife has an event she needs to attend, so I need to home by around 2 to get the kiddo so she's free to do her thing. Who is available and where do we want to play? Was thinking of a 9 to 9:30 tee time if possible.

Confirmed. Will be in Raleigh this weekend. Will be available for a morning round on Saturday. Wife has an event she needs to attend, so I need to home by around 2 to get the kiddo so she's free to do her thing. Who is available and where do we want to play? Was thinking of a 9 to 9:30 tee time if possible.
If all else fails I can meet you at a range or something I can't commit to a round though as I am on call this week.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think I can probably make that work. Anywhere you want to play in particular?

I think I can probably make that work. Anywhere you want to play in particular?
No, don't have anything particular in mind. We'll be staying with friends who live close to Wildwood Green (not sure it's worth $66 though), but I'm game for just about anywhere in Raleigh.

No, don't have anything particular in mind. We'll be staying with friends who live close to Wildwood Green (not sure it's worth $66 though), but I'm game for just about anywhere in Raleigh.

RGA and Lochmere both look pretty open (according to Golf Now) Nuese has some openings, not sure if that's too far for you.

RGA and Lochmere both look pretty open (according to Golf Now) Nuese has some openings, not sure if that's too far for you.
Neuse is about an hour drive. Lochmere and RGA are both under 20 miles (we'll be coming from the north end of Raleigh).

Neuse is about an hour drive. Lochmere and RGA are both under 20 miles (we'll be coming from the north end of Raleigh).

I've never played either course, so whatever works best for ya'll.

I've never played either course, so whatever works best for ya'll.
I played Lochmere a couple of years ago. It's a decent course. Not the best that the Raleigh area has to offer, but certainly not the worst. I've never played RGA. If I'm not playing Lonnie Poole, my fall back is typically Falls Village, so I'm game for spreading my wings and playing something new. Maybe Ron can point out another course of two for consideration. One time I'd definitely like to get over to Paschal and play there ... just because it was the home course of Arnold Palmer when he was in school there (as Ron pointed out during my #31Courses31Days gallivant in January). Just don't think I'll have the time to get there this upcoming weekend.

I wish I knew a bit further ahead of time. I'm always shocked when I get to Raleigh just how difficult it is to get a morning tee time - not to mention the cost - as compared to Florence.

I played Lochmere a couple of years ago. It's a decent course. Not the best that the Raleigh area has to offer, but certainly not the worst. I've never played RGA. If I'm not playing Lonnie Poole, my fall back is typically Falls Village, so I'm game for spreading my wings and playing something new. Maybe Ron can point out another course of two for consideration. One time I'd definitely like to get over to Paschal and play there ... just because it was the home course of Arnold Palmer when he was in school there (as Ron pointed out during my #31Courses31Days gallivant in January). Just don't think I'll have the time to get there this upcoming weekend.

Actually....Paschal has an 8:40 tee time....

Honestly, if you take away the history from that course ... I don't think the draw is that strong. Plus it's only a nine hole course. It's a course I'd play in conjunction with another (say Heritage) if you're trying to get 27+ holes in in a day, just don't think I can pull that off this weekend. I'm on a bit of a tight schedule ... unfortunately that's most weekends lately. :/

It's a goat track but serves a purpose cheap and has some history. But it is always in rough shape.

I played crossings the other day and it wasn't bad and decently cheap. Heritage is always solid but $$$$. Wil Mar is not awful either although not always in amazing shape it is a fun little course. All the other courses I would recommend are a bit far for you Tom so I would stick to those.

I greatly prefer the crossings to falls village and it is right down the street. 15 and 16 are always some brutal holes. It is a good test. (Plus #16 is named Ron's Revenge on the scorecard ;) )

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Crossings looks good to me. I'll call tomorrow and book for a 9ish tee time (or as close as I can get) as to allow time for people to let me know today/tonight if they want to tee it up. It looks like we have three so far (myself and a plus one) and dazeedmonds.

I maybe heading to Dobson NC with the family over Memorial Day weekend. I know it is a couple of months away but was wondering if there was anywhere to play in the area. Willing to drive a couple of hours if need be.

The Crossings looks good to me. I'll call tomorrow and book for a 9ish tee time (or as close as I can get) as to allow time for people to let me know today/tonight if they want to tee it up. It looks like we have three so far (myself and a plus one) and dazeedmonds.
I'm available as well. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Anyone else? My plus one is bringing a plus one so we have five right now. Will call to see if they'll put us all together, but otherwise we'll do a twosome and a threesome. Would be nice to get at least one more. Anyone? Anyone?

hey everyone sorry to intrude but ill be traveling through Charlotte on 4/12-4/13 heading to Myrtle beach. what is a good course to play at on Wednesday in Charlotte? and a good place to stay on Tuesday night?

thanks!

Crossings (Durham), Saturday 10 and 10:10 am are our tee times. We're currently booked as a threesome and a twosome, so if anyone else wants to jump in, please let me know.

Crossings (Durham), Saturday 10 and 10:10 am are our tee times. We're currently booked as a threesome and a twosome, so if anyone else wants to jump in, please let me know.

Fivesome is back to a foursome ... *sigh*

At least when a THPer tells you they'll golf with you, it's about as close to an absolute certainty as you can imagine.

At any rate, I'll keep the other tee time for another day before telling the club we had someone drop out. So if you want to play, let me know tomorrow.

Fivesome is back to a foursome ... *sigh*

At least when a THPer tells you they'll golf with you, it's about as close to an absolute certainty as you can imagine.

At any rate, I'll keep the other tee time for another day before telling the club we had someone drop out. So if you want to play, let me know tomorrow.
What's the latest?

hey everyone sorry to intrude but ill be traveling through Charlotte on 4/12-4/13 heading to Myrtle beach. what is a good course to play at on Wednesday in Charlotte? and a good place to stay on Tuesday night?

thanks!

Driving? and do you know the general route-I-85 or I-77 or other roads to Charlotte? Lots of courses around Charlotte.Just trying to get an idea of your general route .Slightly north, neighboring Charlotte Motor Speedway and at exit 49 on I-85 ,the Embassy Suites They manage Rocky River Golf Club.Maybe a little pricey for the two, but guests get special rates and its out the back door of the hotel.Great layout,not too long,usually good shape with mini verde greens.If you are traveling U.S.74 out of Charlotte toward Myrtle there are plenty of other options in all price ranges.

We're going to roll with just the foursome. Should be a good time!
Alright, sounds good!

Will keep the Crossings folks updated on the weather situation. Hopefully the rain peters out before were due to go off, but it could be very wet out there.

Back