The Morgan Cup will Return in 2020

Dafuskie? Well it is an island.

The island is called Daufuskie. And it is without a doubt one of the most intriguing islands along the entire South Carolina coast. With thousands of years of history, tales of spirits, and an isolationist mentality, Daufuskie is full of magic and intrigue. It exists on the fringes of a paradox, as it's been the center of quite a bit of attention—books have been written, movies filmed, and a rock star even built a private retreat on the island—and yet it's also relatively unheard of.

The first incursion by Europeans occurred in 1521 when Spain claimed the coast spanning from St. Augustine to Charleston (Charles Towne at the time). This had little effect on the natives of Daufuskie until the other Europeans decided to settle in the area. This prompted the Spanish to enlist the service of the native Yemassee warriors in their fight against both the Scottish and the English, which paved the way to the natives’ inevitable downfall.

In the early 1700’s the southernmost tip of Daufuskie Island, “Bloody Point,” earned its name. Daufuskie natives under the direction of the Spanish stormed early European settlements on Daufuskie. The raids turned into massacres as native weaponry went up against European fire power. It is said that these Yemassee are some of the many spirits that still wander the island, keeping watch and lamenting the loss of their home. Over the course of two years these raids diminished and weakened the Yemassee and their influence and control over Daufuskie and the surrounding areas waned.

JB throwin' down the history lesson...or maybe it's all made up. Either way it looks and sounds smart. Puts Dan in his place. Now just waiting for Dan's reply that will blow up the internet...or at least THP land. I am digging the mystery and making last year's champ captain squirm a bit.

True story.
I don't get notifications so tagging me does nothing. haha.
But I do read every single post on this forum made every single day.

Damn man. I have trouble reading a tenth of the posts and JB be likewith all the posting that goes on here.

847ad48ad5581b6d8e82c3248784e3f6.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m Burning paper with all of these notes I have been taking. It’s going to be good.

Like this?
2f2a28e0ffd023e53d938702e144921a.gif

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’m Burning paper with all of these notes I have been taking. It’s going to be good.

67e32b090f238a9d9d6e935a843815ee.gif

Trying to figure all of this out...

I have no idea what is going on here......
Basically, Dan is like the kid in the back of the car asking "Are we there yet?". And JB is like the dad, but instead of getting irritated he just get more devious based on the times asked.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Basically, Dan is like the kid in the back of the car asking "Are we there yet?". And JB is like the dad, but instead of getting irritated he just get more devious based on the times asked.

As my 5 yr old is in the shower yelling “mommy are you super happy”? Every 2 minutes. It’s driving her nuts

As my 5 yr old is in the shower yelling “mommy are you super happy”? Every 2 minutes. It’s driving her nuts

Yep. That's the same situation. I just hope Dan isn't doing that to JB....

Just cruising under the radar in this one.

I’m sure this will be a big topic of discussion in the next month

Well I am intrigued!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dafuskie? Well it is an island.

The island is called Daufuskie. And it is without a doubt one of the most intriguing islands along the entire South Carolina coast. With thousands of years of history, tales of spirits, and an isolationist mentality, Daufuskie is full of magic and intrigue. It exists on the fringes of a paradox, as it's been the center of quite a bit of attention—books have been written, movies filmed, and a rock star even built a private retreat on the island—and yet it's also relatively unheard of.

The first incursion by Europeans occurred in 1521 when Spain claimed the coast spanning from St. Augustine to Charleston (Charles Towne at the time). This had little effect on the natives of Daufuskie until the other Europeans decided to settle in the area. This prompted the Spanish to enlist the service of the native Yemassee warriors in their fight against both the Scottish and the English, which paved the way to the natives’ inevitable downfall.

In the early 1700’s the southernmost tip of Daufuskie Island, “Bloody Point,” earned its name. Daufuskie natives under the direction of the Spanish stormed early European settlements on Daufuskie. The raids turned into massacres as native weaponry went up against European fire power. It is said that these Yemassee are some of the many spirits that still wander the island, keeping watch and lamenting the loss of their home. Over the course of two years these raids diminished and weakened the Yemassee and their influence and control over Daufuskie and the surrounding areas waned.

I learned a bit of history tonight and then went to the inter webs and learned some more... electricity to the island in 53, telephones in 72. 429 full time residents based on census reports in 07.

Heck even Jimmy Buffett has sang about the island in Prince of Tides...

Thx for the rabbit hole JB

Every time I see another post in this thread I rush to read it. JB is doing a fine job of trolling us but if history tells us anything you had better buckle up because it is going to be amazing and worth the wait!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I get notifications on this thread to my iPad. Held off pushback and start from the gate so I could catch up. FO was wondering what I was snickering to myself about.
Whole lot of teasin’ going on here.

I get notifications on this thread to my iPad. Held off pushback and start from the gate so I could catch up. FO was wondering what I was snickering to myself about.
Whole lot of teasin’ going on here.

You should see the other thread JB posted...

Oh hi there 2020!

The Morgan Cup will Return in 2020

Oh hi there 2020!

I can’t wait to see how the @JDtox Morgan Cup Trilogy ends...

2018- “A New Hope”- MVP of the Morgan Cup
Winning Team Paradise

2019- “The Empire Strikes Back”- Captains Team Paradise in a heartbreaking loss

2020- “The Return of The Jedi”?

2fed897764439bb022a6ddba0d6304cd.gif

So fired up for you...

Last edited:
Course selection has already ramped up. This is getting wild.

Course selection has already ramped up. This is getting wild.

Does “ramped up” mean , selected?

Does “ramped up” mean , selected?

No, we would have used the term selected : )

Back