Cobra KING F6 Irons Review & Interview

Good stufd daddio...how are things with the long irons? Im extremely intrigued by those as being able to hit a solid 5I or so is big for my game right now

The long irons are where I struggle as well. Would like to see what I could get out of these irons.

I think I'm more excited for (and have my fingers crossed for) more than any other forum testing in a while. These are such a unique set, and one I desperately wanted to win out in my fitting. The setup is just so good - great mid-sized irons in the mid and short irons, and the hollow irons in the long irons are fantastic. They just didn't click with me, whereas my current set did. I'd love to spend an extended period of time with these, and I'd imagine I'll be scouring the 'bay for a used set of these sometime in the future.

The most progressive, progressive iron setup out there. Its crazy to wrap the mind around, but all the different pieces end up fitting together.

Really want to change out the KBS FLTD from mine and put in something else to tinker with, this potential forum test might be the perfect opportunity for that.

The most progressive, progressive iron setup out there. Its crazy to wrap the mind around, but all the different pieces end up fitting together.

Really want to change out the KBS FLTD from mine and put in something else to tinker with, this potential forum test might be the perfect opportunity for that.

What are you thinking? I'd love to try these with some recoils.

Recoils in these clubs would be unfair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stufd daddio...how are things with the long irons? Im extremely intrigued by those as being able to hit a solid 5I or so is big for my game right now
I love everything about the entire set, but IMO it's the long irons (I have the 4 & 5 irons) and the GW that stand out as all-stars. Not sure which of the two review threads, but I posted some comparitive data, including the 5 iron, from the very first time I hit my new irons at the range. A few days later I posted some highlights from my initial round with these irons and described the very first on course 4 iron I attempted with F6. It literally would have qualifed as one of the very best 4 irons I'd hit since coming back to golf 2+ years ago. Again, not sure if in this thread or the other but I think I got these irons mid-Feb? I have a lot more experience with these now, course and range, and they continue to impress me more and more. Jman mentions how seemlessly these irons transition through their various construction progressions and I couldn't agree more. Hitting the F6 5 iron is without a doubt as easy as hitting the 7 iron for me. That hasn't been the case with other irons I've played. The 5 and 7 look the same at address, (sans the 5 being slightly further away), despite one being full hollow and the other half. They swing the same, the only difference being that I get what I expect from all facets of a good 5 iron, versus a good 7. These long irons are just stupid simple with a couple just minor 'issues'. By design they go longer, higher, and straighter than the mid 90s irons I was playing up to a couple years ago. So trying to bend something extremely crooked or low might be an issue, but that's a trade-off I can deal with:act-up:.
That reminds me of the only long iron shot I was a bit unsure of in the 8 rounds since acquiring these. It was a 4 iron layup recovery that I needed to puch out low and with fade to get as far up the fairway. Was worried I'd catch the lowest branches if the shot climbed too quickly and I was almost right. It did come out a bit higher, but luckily I barely stayed under the branches and the shot might've been perfect but it surprised me went just a bit further than my Rbladez would've and I went through the fairway.
Give these things a go 441, I'm pretty certain they are going to be a great fit 4U2. I've read some of you xxio driver experiences and feel I'm similar to you in that I'm not blessed with average THPer club speed either. Highly recommend these long irons, well, the entire set really.

Hi all, FYI re: GI club tests --
I am def squarely in the GI player category; am better than SGI but not quite (..yet ;) !!! ) a 'play-ah'. Have TM R9s that I've been playing for about 5-6 seasons, which is effectively my whole golfing career, and really really really like them. I can't say I've yet 'maxed them out', but I am hitting much better this year and have been looking - a LOT - at some newer offerings that promise not just more distance but more control.

Over the course of several trips over the past few months to two different golf stores, I've tried out....
> Callaway Apex CF16 and XR (std, not OS), also Big Bertha
> Mizuno JPX-850 (cast, not forged) and JPX-EZ Forged
> Titleist AP1 (also got to play these while away on vacation)
> TM RSi-1 and M2
> Ping G30 and Karsten
> Wilson D200
(and prob a few others but can't recall right now...)

I was looking for something that had the feel of the R9s and with even more forgiveness and better distance and dispersion control.

Won't bore you with all the details, but I did like the the Apex and the JPX-850 but felt I wasn't quite 'ready' for them .. yet .. still need a bit more "help" on those occasional :) less than perfect strikes. A few of the others were nice, but none felt like enough of an improvement over the R9s to compel me to switch.

Until...
The Wilson C200s came out and caught my eye. Went and tried them and LOVED them. Ball 'popped' off the face nicely, hits felt solid and I was getting very consistent shots. Was all ready to pull the trigger but went back to a store to sort of double-check.

And then...
After hitting the C200 again, comparing it with the R9, and also alongside the JPX-EZ, XR and M2 ... the very helpful store rep handed me a Cobra King F6 and...

THIS IS "IT"!!!!

For me, this club had a great combo of feel + forgiveness + control. Ball came off the face nicely, club felt easy to swing and all my test shots were very consistent distance with (for me) a very good dispersion.

So the moral of the story is, I guess, spend time testing testing testing and definitely include the F6.

Good luck with your new irons.

Thought I'd give this one a little bumpity, I know lots are picking these up and it would be cool to have the feedback in the same location as the review.

Seriously fun irons, I think I'm taking them back out tomorrow.

Hi all, FYI re: GI club tests --
I am def squarely in the GI player category; am better than SGI but not quite (..yet ;) !!! ) a 'play-ah'. Have TM R9s that I've been playing for about 5-6 seasons, which is effectively my whole golfing career, and really really really like them. I can't say I've yet 'maxed them out', but I am hitting much better this year and have been looking - a LOT - at some newer offerings that promise not just more distance but more control.

Over the course of several trips over the past few months to two different golf stores, I've tried out....
> Callaway Apex CF16 and XR (std, not OS), also Big Bertha
> Mizuno JPX-850 (cast, not forged) and JPX-EZ Forged
> Titleist AP1 (also got to play these while away on vacation)
> TM RSi-1 and M2
> Ping G30 and Karsten
> Wilson D200
(and prob a few others but can't recall right now...)

I was looking for something that had the feel of the R9s and with even more forgiveness and better distance and dispersion control.

Won't bore you with all the details, but I did like the the Apex and the JPX-850 but felt I wasn't quite 'ready' for them .. yet .. still need a bit more "help" on those occasional :) less than perfect strikes. A few of the others were nice, but none felt like enough of an improvement over the R9s to compel me to switch.

Until...
The Wilson C200s came out and caught my eye. Went and tried them and LOVED them. Ball 'popped' off the face nicely, hits felt solid and I was getting very consistent shots. Was all ready to pull the trigger but went back to a store to sort of double-check.

And then...
After hitting the C200 again, comparing it with the R9, and also alongside the JPX-EZ, XR and M2 ... the very helpful store rep handed me a Cobra King F6 and...

THIS IS "IT"!!!!

For me, this club had a great combo of feel + forgiveness + control. Ball came off the face nicely, club felt easy to swing and all my test shots were very consistent distance with (for me) a very good dispersion.

So the moral of the story is, I guess, spend time testing testing testing and definitely include the F6.

Great writeup, seeing that I have the C200s can you tell me what you saw different between those and these F6? More yards, etc?

I am going to Dicks after work and try and hit these tomorrow...

I am not really in the market for irons but this is one set I would live to try out.

9 days till I get these bad boys. Cannot wait to put these in the bag. It was a long process of trying out different sets and doing a lot of research but I think I found the perfect irons for me right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES!

Someday, we shall revisit that course, that hole, that resort.....and I'm tracking down that wedge.

Don't worry, I still have it.

I am not really in the market for irons but this is one set I would live to try out.
Me either but I have to try these.. Not telling the wife either haha

I have not hit these but daddio picked up a full club with these irons. They are legit and look good too

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just read through this whole thread. I'm not really in the market, but man these are intriguing. Going to have to find a demo day or see if they have a 7 iron at GolfMart or something.

Well what a fail trying to hit these at Dicks was today. Didn't seem like anyone was even working there. I tired to find someone and then had to walk out. I need to find another option...

Well what a fail trying to hit these at Dicks was today. Didn't seem like anyone was even working there. I tired to find someone and then had to walk out. I need to find another option...

#Ditto

Back