UnOfficial Nor Cal/So Cal Get-Together Thread

I thought it was kind of blah when I played it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cypress us very well maintained and has some challenges. But I do feel it's more straightforward with not as much hole to hole differentiation as compared to Monarch Dunes. Nothing wrong with it, I just think Monarch is more fun and interesting.

I support this message! :act-up: As far as I know I'm clear that weekend. So, where are we eating Saturday night??

Wherever they serve the best tacos in SLO :D

You'll forget about tacos when you go to Jocko's.

If I am even remotely in the area I plan on hitting Jockos for dinner. That was a HUGE filet and damn if wasn't tasty.

This time I hope it doesn't come out to where it looks like a vampire should be eating it.

Went and played in a tournament today, and the lesson I took week before last and the range work since paid off in spades since last weekends embarrassing outing in Monterey (it was still a great time with THPers but my swing was trash).

Shot an 89 and that was with 4 doubles and a triple. Had 2 crappy lies in bunkers (2 trips to the beach, 2 fried eggs) and a couple 3 putts. I feel 1000% better than I did driving back from Monterey last week, so can't wait to tee it with you guys again!

Good job Roger. Went out today and played decently. Green side bunker game is killing me right now, but had a couple of nice birdies. My lack of focus is really buggy me lately. I keep finding myself not taking a little more time and really paying attention to where I want the ball to go. I'm in the habit of just getting over it and swinging at it. Course management needs a lot of work right now.

Good job Roger. Went out today and played decently. Green side bunker game is killing me right now, but had a couple of nice birdies. My lack of focus is really buggy me lately. I keep finding myself not taking a little more time and really paying attention to where I want the ball to go. I'm in the habit of just getting over it and swinging at it. Course management needs a lot of work right now.

I feel that, I had at least 1 putt that I just went and hit with out lining up and of course I missed it... I have been reading a Rotella book, and think I am going to read a couple more. Can't hurt to have some help on the mental side!

Went and played in a tournament today, and the lesson I took week before last and the range work since paid off in spades since last weekends embarrassing outing in Monterey (it was still a great time with THPers but my swing was trash).

Shot an 89 and that was with 4 doubles and a triple. Had 2 crappy lies in bunkers (2 trips to the beach, 2 fried eggs) and a couple 3 putts. I feel 1000% better than I did driving back from Monterey last week, so can't wait to tee it with you guys again!

Nice brotha! I look forward to teeing it up with you again soon!

Totally feel where you're coming from Tim. I had 5 holes yesterday that left me scratching my head and I truly think the cause was me rushing and not focusing on scoring. I realized that I absolutely need to give myself enough time before the round to get my mind right and I think that will change things from the start.

I think it's safe to say that August 13th/14th will be our meeting unless something drastically changes. (Updated on front page)
Now on "what courses"...

Let's lock down the courses this week...

I vote purisima and Monarch dunes, but I am flexible. Should we start a new thread if we are pretty sure on the dates?

I vote purisima and Monarch dunes, but I am flexible. Should we start a new thread if we are pretty sure on the dates?

I vote the same and yeah I think we should start a new thread.

We don't need to start a new thread. I made this one so we can continuously add stuff to it. All of the needed info will be on the front page of this thread.

We don't need to start a new thread. I made this one so we can continuously add stuff to it. All of the needed info will be on the front page of this thread.

I think for each specific event we will want to make a new thread, can keep things a little simpler. This thread could then be used for planning and discussion of future events. Just my $0.02.

The poll is now open. Pick your top choice of where we should play.
Top two courses voted should be our destinations for this year's get together.

http://vote.pollcode.com/83719862

This info is on the front page as well.

It makes it easier for new people to follow along if you create a new one. So they don't feel like they have to read through all these old pages...

La Purisima and Monarch Dunes are my vote. Though the Canyons/Oaks combo at Blacklake looks like it could be fun too.

I noticed someone voted Sandpiper and while I agree that I would love to have that as one of the choices, I think it unrealistic to get guys driving from Sacramento and the Bay Area to drive to Santa Barbara. That's a long haul. Maybe we can do a spectate outing and make Sandpiper a spot.

Coming from the north Sandpiper and La Purisima are not that much different in travel time. I would guess LP is 10-15 minutes closer than sandpiper if your coming down 101. I think the biggest difference is going to be cost. I should be able to get us a deal at LP. I would guess about $60/player with cart. Sandpiper is going to be triple that.

I noticed someone voted Sandpiper and while I agree that I would love to have that as one of the choices, I think it unrealistic to get guys driving from Sacramento and the Bay Area to drive to Santa Barbara. That's a long haul. Maybe we can do a spectate outing and make Sandpiper a spot.

Sandpiper is pretty expensive. $195 w/ cart at prime time. $120 w/ cart at Twilight.

Screw sandpiper, that rate will limit our participation quite a bit.

Oh I just looked it up. La Purisma is #33 the most hardest place to play in the country.

According to ESPN
33. LA PURISIMA GOLF COURSE
Lompoc, Calif. | 7,105 YARDS / PAR 72
The Bethpage Black of the West Coast. Locally, it's known as "La Piranha." To soothe the pain, there are plenty of terrific Santa Ynez Valley wineries nearby.

Back