USA Men's Soccer National Team

There something wrong when two Americans are arguing about soccer. Just wrong, sorry just kidding!
Haha hate me if you want but I love America and Soccer.

Ok, so who would have been a better hire after the Gold Cup last Summer? I can't think of anyone that would be better with qualifying so close.

Not disagreeing with you klinsmann won 3rd place with germany i don't think the us would get a coach with a better pedigree

Not disagreeing with you klinsmann won 3rd place with germany i don't think the us would get a coach with a better pedigree
I am hoping that with more guys sprinkled throughout Europe and the MLS improving slowly, that this team is headed in the right direction. I hope

Funny I just came across this. I just played with the coach of the coach of the woman's 1996 gold medal team and 1999 World Cup champ team!!

USMNT already down 2-0 after 15 minutes in Guatemala. Horrendous performance, especially from the back line.

Missed this as we were driving back from Florida... Didn't miss much haha

I really really hope this team is ready for tomorrow...

USMNT already down 2-0 after 15 minutes in Guatemala. Horrendous performance, especially from the back line.

I heard how bad that goal was today and then saw it tonight..horrendous is a good word!

7:25 kickoff tonight in Columbus vs Guatemala. Things are going to get interesting if they can't find a way to get the win.

I know there seems to be a "must-win" game each WCQ cycle, but this team seems particularly poor right now. First choice defenders are mostly injured, neither Guzan nor Howard seem up to the task, Dempsey is old, and there seems to be no idea from Klinnsman on how to create a lineup among the players we do have. At least we are now at a point where MLS will survive if the US did miss a World Cup, but it would still suck.

Hey I'm going to be in Columbus the next few days...hmmm may need to check out the ticket situation.

I know there seems to be a "must-win" game each WCQ cycle, but this team seems particularly poor right now. First choice defenders are mostly injured, neither Guzan nor Howard seem up to the task, Dempsey is old, and there seems to be no idea from Klinnsman on how to create a lineup among the players we do have. At least we are now at a point where MLS will survive if the US did miss a World Cup, but it would still suck.

Good points. My concern is that if he is fired what is the replacement situation? Will this new coach be able to win with Jurgens players? I don't know the answers but the unknown of the whole thing scares me a bit.

Lets hope they come out tonight and put forth a quality effort and get a result.

We don't lose in Columbus

They said the same thing about losing to Guatemala and look what happened. While i expect to come away with a W, I don't think it will be easy. This team is in poor form and defensively we are a huge liability. Howard or Guzman can stand on their heads all game and that might not be enough the way the back line is playing.

Good points. My concern is that if he is fired what is the replacement situation? Will this new coach be able to win with Jurgens players? I don't know the answers but the unknown of the whole thing scares me a bit.

Lets hope they come out tonight and put forth a quality effort and get a result.

Given the comments that fly around, I kind of wonder if there are any players behind Jurgen...which was kind of the rap against him with Germany and Bayern Munich. Whether a new coach can win with the available player pool is always a good question, but there is little doubt that at all levels of the men's game that several other CONCACAF nations programs are improving at a faster pace than ours.

Landon Donovan said today if Team USA loses tonight Jurgen should be fired....Thoughts?

Landon Donovan said today if Team USA loses tonight Jurgen should be fired....Thoughts?

I think it would be hard to argue with the decision. They fired Bradley even though he never failed to qualify for a WC, not to mention that he at least made the final of the Gold Cup in the year after his last WC (2011), where Jurgen finished 4th and then failed to qualify for the Federations Cup. And it's not like this team is on a steady upswing or anything like that.

On the other hand, I have no idea who they'd replace him with.

I think it would be hard to argue with the decision. They fired Bradley even though he never failed to qualify for a WC, not to mention that he at least made the final of the Gold Cup in the year after his last WC (2011), where Jurgen finished 4th and then failed to qualify for the Federations Cup. And it's not like this team is on a steady upswing or anything like that.

On the other hand, I have no idea who they'd replace him with.

if they did I think Landon would be on the phone quickly asking for the job?

I don't think Donovan wants the USA job just my gut feeling.

if they did I think Landon would be on the phone quickly asking for the job?

Maybe so. Seems like it would be hard to justify hiring somebody with no coaching experience though.

U.S. Soccer starting XI: Guzan; Yedlin, Cameron, Birnbaum, Castillo; Beckerman, Bradley, Zusi; Zardes, Dempsey, Wood*-via ESPN FC http://es.pn/fcapp

Cev7MrsXIAAQQIf.jpg

Back