2016 Odyssey Putters - Toe Up & White Hot RX

As I stated earlier the the toe up putters are what interests me the most. The technology is amazing. Really looking forward to trying one out!

Odyssey has something really special here with the Toe Up technology! They've been able to engineer what they're calling the Stroke Balance technology which will help reduce torque during the stroke for minimal twisting, so you can keep the putter on line. With the Toe Up, it's easier to get the face back to square at impact and this promotes a much more consistent stroke! I cannot wait to try this!

I loved the FusionRX insert, so I'll be looking to rolling the White Hot RX!

I like what I'm hearing about Toe up too! Might help a lot of people keep those putter faces square!

I've been a huge fan of white hot in the past and can't wait to get to roll the RX this year. It is very interesting.

I heard a lot about the toe up, but I wasn't sure exactly what it was. Now I know. It certainly makes me want to go try it out. With putting every little thing can make a difference. I can use all the difference I can get.

Side note: great job by Dean on all these videos... but remind him when he wants to talk he has to point the mic at himself. :D Sorry, I work in media, it stands out to me.

The toe up line makes me want to go test putters. Closing the face can be one of my issues at times so this maybe just what the doctor ordered.

I agree. I can set the ball where it needs and get the club square with any type of balance a putter has but I really want to put the ball where I want, dead center. Maybe the Toe Up will close the right way for me to do this.

I've never had much of an issue where the toe up design would be something I'd have a need to look at. Though the White Hot RX face is intriguing. I love the feel of my Work insert in my Big T blade, so this is an insert that interests me.

Great interview Dean. I am really looking forward rolling both the toe up and the white hot RX putters this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though I'm completely satisfied with my Fusion RX insert, I really want to give the White Hot RX insert a try.

I'm really intrigued by the fusion rx insert. My first putter had a white hot insert and I really liked the works line. These together sound like a great putter.

Can't wait to try the #9 toe up putter!

Color me interested in the toe up theory. Anything that works to improving the putter head returning to square at impact is something I will explore! Thanks Dean!

Lookin' good!
1456937413431.jpg
1456937364629.jpg

Made up my mind, I'm going to test one this weekend!!

Man the toe up # has my attention! Just want to roll one first and see if I like how it looks at address. For those that have seen them in person, does it still have the half shaft offset in the neck???

The Toe Up had my attention big time. Until I had a little time with it last weekend. Not for me or my stroke. Could not get past the look. On the other hand the buttery soft feel of the WHRx is devine. I'm deciding between the V Line Fang and the Rossi. I just can't find a store that has a Rossi. When I do decision will be made.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mark Crossfield and Rick Shiels both have video reviews of these Odyssey toe up putters. Shiels' is the more interesting review, actually putting with them. My take away was not favorable. First they look cartoony. And most importantly they don't look square at address. The face looks closed. That would make me crazy. To be fair, my own perspective in person could be very different. Video reviews are to be taken with a grain of salt.

On a positive note, the putter covers look fantastic. "Kinky"

I took some rolls with this putter on the greens at PGA today.....not for me. It does seem to line you up closed and the ball at address was off. Just not for me.

I rolled one of these in the store today. Also watched the reviews of Shiels and Crossfield. Was a little worried about them setting up closed as mentioned, but when I addressed the ball, I did not see it. I actually had a very easy time lining up putts with it and being confident I had lined them up online. Putter felt good and has peaked my interest enough to make me go to a demo day tomorrow to try it outside on some real grass. More to follow I'm sure.

Went to the demo day yesterday and rolled the Toe Up 1 on real greens and was just as pleased with it as in the store. Ended up with the 34" coming home with me. Got out and the course later and really enjoyed the putter. My distance control with it is noticeably better. Had no problems lining up square that I noticed. More to follow after some more time with it.

I gave this another run....I didn't hate it

I just can't get over the three lines on the flange. I am not a fan of that look. If Odyssey would have gone with their single topline alignment, I have already order one of these.

I just can't get over the three lines on the flange. I am not a fan of that look. If Odyssey would have gone with their single topline alignment, I have already order one of these.

I agree Blue....it didn't distract me too bad but something else seems appropriate. It does help a bit with the alignment when you set the blade down as the face wants to close a bit of your not watching. So in that aspect it does help to make sure everything looks ok.

I agree Blue....it didn't distract me too bad but something else seems appropriate. It does help a bit with the alignment when you set the blade down as the face wants to close a bit of your not watching. So in that aspect it does help to make sure everything looks ok.
I guess I'm just used to the look of a balanced at impact SeeMore. Are all three lines completely visible at address?

Back