Sean Toulon joins Golf Unfiltered Podcast TONIGHT

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Sean Toulon, SVP at Callaway Golf, GM at Odyssey and founder of Toulon Design joins the Golf Unfiltered podcast tonight!

Sean and I will be discussing all things Stroke Lab, but what questions do you have for him? Post them in this thread and we'll be sure to answer a few during the show!

Which team will win the Odyssey Experience THP Event in a couple of weeks? His or Lukes?

Please ask Sean to differentiate on why the Stroke Lab set up is not a counter balance set up

Which team will win the Odyssey Experience THP Event in a couple of weeks? His or Lukes?

That’s easy, #TeamDesign!

How has the tour response been to stroke lab now that it has been out for a little while?

With how saturated and competitive the luxury putter market is. What sets Toulon apart from the others?

Ask about the specifics of changing out grips on Stroke lab putters (ie, needing to keep the grip weight the same, or if not, taking out and adjusting the insert weight at the butt end of the club).

Also, which one of the stroke lab designs does he like best (or putt with best). Could be from any lineup that uses the SL shafts.

GU I'm listening to Tom Mase's pod right now that was linked on the forum as I type this. Enjoying it, thanks. First time listener.

Regarding Sean Toulon:

I'm curious if there is an overall weight target with stroke lab design. I understand the redistribution of the 40g off the shaft, BUT as it gets put into place on different designs the putter heads still seem to be varied beyond just mallets vs blades.

My understanding is that the standard stroke lab designed putter has a 40g weight and a 65g grip. Grips are personal, lot of discussion on what aftermarket or other odyssey grips and weight combo works. Also putter head. I see Toulon's weight plate is now default 20g instead of the 7g...

Stroke lab design pitches a 10g heavier putter head and +30 at the grip end without adding to total. What is the base reference?

Please ask Sean to differentiate on why the Stroke Lab set up is not a counter balance set up

This also. This is the main debate and I feel like it is all on your perspective.
Again, where is the base?

vs. old design
vs. newer design

Stroke Lab is different than I have seen before but I could debate both ways.

If Toulon could improve in one way for me, it would be to establish a base. 1º flat/upright, or a "x" g weight plate, or even length measurements means nothing on it's own. An industry fault.

What's a crazy shape that was never actually made but you thought should have or would have been popular?

i'm curious how much tweaking to the sl design tour pros are asking for. most internet golfers seem to be digging the sl, but i'm seeing comments about it being too light for some. i'm wondering if tour pros are asking for additional weight.

Where does putter technology go from here? New materials, shapes?

How did he decide what cities to name his putter models after?

What are the biggest differences and pros of the Stroke Lab Shaft vs a Stability Putter Shaft?

Will Odyssey look to create a lower torque with future Stroke Lab Shafts to possibly reduce twisting?

Had a great conversation with Mr. Toulon. We were able to answer many of the questions posed in this thread in one way or another. But one item sticks out the most to me and I haven't stopped thinking about it since our talk.

The putting stroke can dictate and even predict every other swing you take in a round. I won't spoil the explanation here, but it's not often I speak to a guest who makes me completely rethink the game because of one comment.

I cannot wait to hear this.

This will be a must listen for me.

Yep must listen here also!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back