Bridgestone JGR Driver Review Thread

I'm playing the same Fubuki that comes stock on the 715 but in X flex and on the JGR It's a custom "no charge" upgrade

Headed to the BStone live ball fitting shortly. Putting the JGR on the monitor

Sounds like this thing is a bomber with the right shaft in it. Can't wait to hit this one.

I will have to order without trying , so I am wondering if anyone tried the JGR with the fujikura pro.( or have comment on that shaft)
I actually play a 10.5 g30 LS tec with a matrix white tie and i am looking for a low spin shaft but with a smooth feel.
Might also order a 9.5 with the Fubuki (no upcharge)and install the matrix if not happy with the result

I actually liked the sound of the JGR better, oh well!! Have to try myself, soon!!

Have this coming from another thp'er and can't wait to try it. Super excited about this club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a Fujikura Pro 73 TS for my BB Alpha and it's beast meaning you really have to have the swing speed for it. I didn't and got rid of it. It's a real shame that BStone doesn't' have a fitting cart like the big boys. Would love to try other shafts without buying clubs.

OK so I just wrapped up a ball fitting with Bridgestone.

It was actually the same reps that I spoke with at the demo day a few weeks back. Really good guys. Spoke a bunch about tour equipment and other things.

But a few takeaways for me from this ball fitting. I already knew that the B330 line was the best ball for me from Bridgestone but it's the B330 and not to be B330S that suits my game better. Another big Takeaway was swing speed. I could've sworn my swing speed was around 110-112 mph. But on average it was around 120mph on their launch monitor . This is really eye-opening because shaft weight and flex pay a big part with my tempo and SS as they pointed out to me. Both of them did recommend that neither the fubuki that I've been playing in the JGR for the Ahina ion 60 X are the right fit for me. They both recommended a 70g X flex much like the Speeder EVO I tried in the past.

120 mph SS
13* Launch
2656 Spin
268 carry
274 total

They did mention though that with the right shaft I would probably see better overall numbers and they thought I was leaving a lot on the table.

Back to the JGR driver...

They did mention that this was going to produce faster ball speeds and slightly less spin then the J715 overall. But they said it wasn't going to be by much, maybe 2-3mph and 200-300 rpms less.

I did hit the reps J715 8.5* with speeder 757 X shaft and the launch and flight were noticeably different. Much more boring and on the upper end of the Low-Mid flight. It's now the 2nd Time I hit that setup and while it's probably on the lower end of flight I think the JGR with the right 70g X shaft could be a monster

It was actually the same reps that I spoke with at the demo day a few weeks back. Really good guys. Spoke a bunch about tour equipment and other things.

But a few takeaways for me from this ball fitting. I already knew that the B330 line was the best ball for me from Bridgestone but it's the B330 and not to be B330S that suits my game better. Another big Takeaway was swing speed. I could've sworn my swing speed was around 110-112 mph. But on average it was around 120mph on their launch monitor . This is really eye-opening because shaft weight and flex pay a big part with my tempo and SS as they pointed out to me. Both of them did recommend that neither the fubuki that I've been playing in the JGR for the Ahina ion 60 X are the right fit for me. They both recommended a 70g X flex much like the Speeder EVO I tried in the past.

120 mph SS
13* Launch
2656 Spin
268 carry
274 total

They did mention though that with the right shaft I would probably see better overall numbers and they thought I was leaving a lot on the table.

They did mention that this was going to produce faster ball speeds and slightly less spin then the J715 overall. But they said it wasn't going to be by much, maybe 2-3mph and 200-300 rpms less.

I did hit the reps J715 8.5* with speeder 757 X shaft and the launch and flight were noticeably different. Much more boring and on the upper end of the Low-Mid flight. It's now the 2nd Time I hit that setup and while it's probably on the lower end of flight I think the JGR with the right 70g X shaft could be a monster

great feedback x. one. hundred . twenty. miles per hour?! holy crap that's freaking fast. but dude, i think there is so much potential not being realized right now with your swing. with that speed, launch and spin you should be hitting the ball 300+ on carry alone. just knowing what i saw from the web dot cobra kid a couple weeks ago, you're swinging 4-5mph faster than he is, launching the ball about a degree higher, spinning it within 200rpm +/- that he did, but you're 30 yards behind him in carry. do work!

120 mph SS
13* Launch
2656 Spin
268 carry
274 total

Man, at 120mph, you should be carrying much farther than that. They prob right about that shaft. What were your ball speeds?

great feedback x. one. hundred . twenty. miles per hour?! holy crap that's freaking fast. but dude, i think there is so much potential not being realized right now with your swing. with that speed, launch and spin you should be hitting the ball 300+ on carry alone. just knowing what i saw from the web dot cobra kid a couple weeks ago, you're swinging 4-5mph faster than he is, launching the ball about a degree higher, spinning it within 200rpm +/- that he did, but you're 30 yards behind him in carry. do work!

Essentially that's what the reps told me as well. The rep almost wanted me to take his driver home but it's the only one he had. Really cool guys. I really need to get on the shaft situation. We had a great discussion not just for my swing but on the overall importance of head and shaft combinations. With that said they do have a cool launch monitor in the swing science system which focuses on factors directly related on the ball at impact. So don't know how accurate that is but yeah I would say it's about 115 or so. Don't think it's at 120 and if it is it's hard for me to wrap my head around it

Man, at 120mph, you should be carrying much farther than that. They prob right about that shaft. What were your ball speeds?

Somewhere in the 160's. Forgot to snap a pic

Did you get a print out? Is so, it would be on there.

Somewhere in the 160's. Forgot to snap a pic
Yeah, probably an its ill-fitting shaft. My SS, with a properly fit shaft, is 112-116 avg with ball speeds at 160-165 so Im thinking your ball speeds should be pushing 170 or more. Great stuff man. Thanks for sharing!

Finally got my first round in with this in very wet conditions. Can't say I had distance gains, however, it was a zero rollout day. What stood out to me was the accuracy. Driver really doesn't do much in the way of crazy sidespin. Very easy to hit, and very easy to look at. I'm ready to get it back out in better conditions.

So I got the JGR out today, on the back nine, played the Fly Z on the front. The Fly Z is equipped an X flex SP, shorter than stock length, JGR with NV Orange 65s, stock length. I could NOT keep the JGR from going left and this is after moving the weights, hit 1/7 fairways on the back, 4/8 with the Fly Z on the front... was able to scrounge a 77 out of the round thanks to everything but the drivers today. I want to like the JGR, but I'm not sure if I do enough to go through a full shaft fitting with it. Also, with the different shaft lengths, I saw no difference in distances between the two drivers, Fly Z having a lower, more penetrating flight with roll out, JGR just making left turns and staying somewhat out of major trouble. Best drive of the day with the JGR was off the heel and flew about 245 in the air, released about 10 yards, middle of the fairway. Mis hits with the Fly Z are just as good though, still great length and do not stray far off line. Thinking I may try and find a stiff shaft for the Fly Z and give that a go for a while. Anyone interested in trying the JGR out, let me know, I will most likely be putting it up for sale/trade.

Was getting some pretty decent numbers from this if I remember correctly on Saturday.

Essentially that's what the reps told me as well. The rep almost wanted me to take his driver home but it's the only one he had. Really cool guys. I really need to get on the shaft situation. We had a great discussion not just for my swing but on the overall importance of head and shaft combinations. With that said they do have a cool launch monitor in the swing science system which focuses on factors directly related on the ball at impact. So don't know how accurate that is but yeah I would say it's about 115 or so. Don't think it's at 120 and if it is it's hard for me to wrap my head around it

After playing this weekend with you, you can definitely get better carry numbers. Your SS seems higher than mine for sure.

I've had my JGR out twice now. I love how explosive it feels off the face. I'm not sure I'm seeing big gains in distance, but it feels good and I've had very few balls leave the fairway. Not ready to completely give up on the d200 yet, but I'm getting close.

I got a chance to take a few swings with Kev's JGR yesterday and I'm quite impressed as I thought I would be. I've never seen a driver that launches the ball so high! I only hit it on the range a few times, nothing on course but I watched Kev hammer it all day long. This thing is definitely a solid driver! I hope to get some more opportunities to hit it again!

I got a chance to take a few swings with Kev's JGR yesterday and I'm quite impressed as I thought I would be. I've never seen a driver that launches the ball so high! I only hit it on the range a few times, nothing on course but I watched Kev hammer it all day long. This thing is definitely a solid driver! I hope to get some more opportunities to hit it again!

You hit this thing pretty good man! Seeing how high Hox hit this was crazy. I think a couple of the balls still haven't landed.

Had a bad case of the lefts with this thing. Distance was solid but I'll just need to get this thing dialed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next week.

#ClubClash

I plan on putting this one to work.

Saw a pretty cool ad for this one today. was a play off the word juggernaut with a picture of the JGR and then N A U T under it.

Back