Amen Corner in 4K

bigskyirish

Reaction score
Handicap
+0.1
OH how I wish my wife would let me buy the 70" 4K tv I want for the living room! THIS. WOULD. BE. AWESOME!

Can't wait, it's going to be so cool!!

Go figure all i have is the 4k TV. Thanks Directv... Hmm, equipment upgrade?

Go figure all i have is the 4k TV. Thanks Directv... Hmm, equipment upgrade?

It's a good thing for my pocketbook that I don't have the 4K TV, because I would definitely be upgrading the DirecTV equipment if I did.

I have neither, in 4k would be incredible though.

Might stop at a bar or something that has directtv to see it in 4K. Closest to person you'll likely get

Saw tons of 4K TVs at the CES show this year...those who have them and DirecTV will be in for a treat. Picture is awesome.

Are you guys telling me that my 40" Samsung HD 720p is out of date???

Damn, I love my 4K TV, but nothing on my cable is broadcast in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Dtv but no 4k equipment or tv.

OH how I wish my wife would let me buy the 70" 4K tv I want for the living room! THIS. WOULD. BE. AWESOME!

This is one of those times where asking for forgiveness is better than permission!

This will look good on the Samsung Curve 4K

That's what I have, too. Samsung Curve 65" 4K SmartTV. I scored a HELLUVA deal on Black Friday directly from Samsung.

In 2010 comcast offered it in 3d, that was amazing. My brother has a 4k tv but nobody has direct tv around here.

That's what I have, too. Samsung Curve 65" 4K SmartTV. I scored a HELLUVA deal on Black Friday directly from Samsung.

It's a nice TV - perfect for the room we have it in.

Stupid cable. I want amen corner in 4k

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been a Directv customer since they first came out and I love audio and video equipment but I have a couple problems with them hyping the Masters in 4K. First of which is all the compression artifacts that seriously take away from the viewing experience of golf events. They are coming out again to tune my dish but I know from past experience that the artifacts will still be easily visible.

4K is another topic altogether. Unfortunately 4K has been hyped my the manufactures because it's easier to do than great color accuracy, contrast ratio, or eliminating motion blur. What this means is resolution is just one factor, and if you buy a TV 75" or smaller and sit 10 feet or more away from it, you can't see the difference between 4K and 1080p anyway. The newer OLED tv's have finally caught up to the picture quality of the best Plasma tv's from 3 or 4 years ago(8 years ago for the Pioneer Kuro Elite). They also happen to be 4K, but that's not the primary reason they look so great. http://www.cnet.com/news/why-ultra-hd-4k-tvs-are-still-stupid/

I'm still waiting for someone to make a 70" or larger TV that's less than $4,000 that improves on the picture quality of my 65" Panasonic plasma from 2012. The new LG and Panasonic OLED 65" are marginally better than my existing TV, but they are $5,000 and $9,000. When these TV's come down in price and are offered in a larger screen size, I'll be putting one in my man cave. Hopefully Directv will improve their signal as well.

I know that all the above is true, but I bought a 65" Sony 4k and I love it. Got a great deal on it. I needed a new one, and didnt want to pay the premium for oled, though they do look fantastic. I also couldn't see buying an led HDTV either since more content is available in 4k all the time. It does a great job of upscaling, and is good for games. I don't have direct TV though,so no amen corner in 4k for me. Oh well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Damn, I was going to order DirecTV this year, but I couldn't beat the Time Warner Cable Deals in my area. But in past years, I just have my laptop, iPad, and big screen all on at the same time for different views, this will do. HAHA

I've been a Directv customer since they first came out and I love audio and video equipment but I have a couple problems with them hyping the Masters in 4K. First of which is all the compression artifacts that seriously take away from the viewing experience of golf events. They are coming out again to tune my dish but I know from past experience that the artifacts will still be easily visible.

4K is another topic altogether. Unfortunately 4K has been hyped my the manufactures because it's easier to do than great color accuracy, contrast ratio, or eliminating motion blur. What this means is resolution is just one factor, and if you buy a TV 75" or smaller and sit 10 feet or more away from it, you can't see the difference between 4K and 1080p anyway. The newer OLED tv's have finally caught up to the picture quality of the best Plasma tv's from 3 or 4 years ago(8 years ago for the Pioneer Kuro Elite). They also happen to be 4K, but that's not the primary reason they look so great. http://www.cnet.com/news/why-ultra-hd-4k-tvs-are-still-stupid/

I'm still waiting for someone to make a 70" or larger TV that's less than $4,000 that improves on the picture quality of my 65" Panasonic plasma from 2012. The new LG and Panasonic OLED 65" are marginally better than my existing TV, but they are $5,000 and $9,000. When these TV's come down in price and are offered in a larger screen size, I'll be putting one in my man cave. Hopefully Directv will improve their signal as well.

This pretty well sums up why I still have a 2009 Panasonic plasma as my main TV. Hopefully the OLEDs come down in price over the next few years.

Back