2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

Picked up a dozen 2016 B330 yesterday. Hopefully I can get a round in later this week and test them out.
After playing a B330s for a few holes Sunday, I knew I had to give this a try.

Last edited:
Based on your SS being below 105 (101) I would recommend RX or RXS and if you're a med/high hitter I would recommend RX

How do the Z star and project As work for you around the green? Need more spin or less?
I found the z-star to spin pretty good for me. The project A are a little less but still playable for me.

2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

I put the B330 in play today. I find that this ball spins more equal to the B330s. On three different occasions I sucked the ball back a very long ways for me. Once off the green in fact. I'm sure part of that was the newer wedges too. Off the tee it's seems comparable to the last version. Iron play, the spin seemed to cause me to be a bit shorter on well struck shots. A shot in particular I hit a very well struck 7 iron, to come up short and in a bunker. When I dropped last years model down and hit another quality shot the ball landed a tad bit past the flag. It's something I'm going to have to watch and get used to.

I put the B330 in play today. I find that this ball spins more equal to the B330s. On three different occasions I sucked the ball back a very long ways for me. Once off the green in fact. I'm sure part of that was the newer wedges too. Off the tee it's seems comparable to the last version. Iron play, the spin seemed to cause me to be a bit shorter on well struck shots. A shot in particular I hit a very well struck 7 iron, to come up short and in a bunker. When I dropped last years model down and hit another quality shot the ball landed a tad bit past the flag. It's something I'm going to have to watch and get used to.

not the first time i've heard this, and i was also a little concerned about distances last week with the 330s particularly because i don't swing fast enough to maximize the s. but i hit plenty of big iron shots today that went the proper distance if not even a little farther than normal. i would say that i need to really flush an iron shot to get the most, so a slight miss (that is spinnier) probably spins too much hence the distance loss.

Interesting. I've not seen any less distance from the b330. Off the driver it's longer for me. Similar distance from Irons and wedges from what I've seen

I agree the distance does' change much but they do feel hard compared to B300RX.

Just got a dozen new B330 to try tomorrow against the Duo U

Just got a dozen new B330 to try tomorrow against the Duo U
Curious to hear your think after playing these two.
Last weekend, after playing the DUO for maybe 8 holes, X. Man gave me a B330s to try out. I was actually flying the ball longer with my Irons. I was impressed with the distance and the feel. I then went out and picked up a dozen B330 for myself. Will be playing them my next time out.

FWIW yesterday I alternated between the B330-S and Duo-U. For one hole I played an NXT Tour S. The Duo-U was consistently the highest flying and the softest feeling ball of the bunch. I actually was seeing longer distances with the B330 and NXT Tour. Not that the Duo-U was short by any means. But there were no distance gains compared to my normal distances. Feel wise the Duo-U was Definitely the "softest" of the bunch.

Picked up 12 B330, played them in today's round.
Ball worked great, was 50* today. Cant wait until it gets in the 60's to see how they preform for me.

The duo U is the softest feeling ball I have ever played off the putter. Curious to see how the B330 feels, I did play them after we we given a sleeve at the Driver testing a while back. But I don't recall how it was off the putter, I know I sure liked it all the way around though.

Really enjoying the 2016 B330RX ball. Does anyone know if they're coming out in yellow?

I just tweeted at them. I'll post a reply when it comes

Saw them at GolfSmith yesterday and YES, they do come in yellow. I'm going to pick up some in a few weeks and this will be my gamer ball when I deplete the Srixon Z XVs. I love the Bridgestone B330RX. It's longer and for me, that's a plus.

I used this ball and only this ball my last 2 rounds and while they were different score wise the ball just fits me and my game perfectly.

I think my favorite thing about this ball is the way it rolls on the greens.

Saturday I played my first round of the year with my golf coach. He seemed perplexed at the total lack of bite I was getting on the greens, and tells me that with the way I strike the ball I should be getting some good check-ups. This was immediately after I hit a shot that landing 3 yards short of the pin from about 100 yards out, only to watch it go careening off the back of the green. When I told him I have been using the cheap'o balls ever since I started playing five years ago he had a look on his face like "I get it now".

So I'm here trying to figure out what my next ball is going to be. I had always thought all this premium ball talk to be a bunch of marketing speak, but reading through these forums I get the sense that this couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm about 270-290 with the driver and 165-170 with my 7-iron using my current ball. I have never had my swing speed measured, but I assume this puts me in the 105+ range. So I decided the B330 would be a good place for me to start my search for a premium ball. But Amazon Japan only has Tour B330X and Tour B330S models for sale, no Tour B330 and no RX series.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/BRIDGESTONE...F8&qid=1459225808&sr=8-7&keywords=ブリヂストン+B330
http://www.amazon.co.jp/BRIDGESTONE...F8&qid=1459225808&sr=8-3&keywords=ブリヂストン+B330

Does anyone know if the JDM Tour B330X model is the US equivalent of the Tour B330?

Last edited:
Saturday I played my first round of the year with my golf coach. He seemed perplexed at the total lack of bite I was getting on the greens, and tells me that with the way I strike the ball I should be getting some good check-ups. This was immediately after I hit a shot that landing 3 yards short of the pin from about 100 yards out, only to watch it go careening off the back of the green. When I told him I have been using the cheap'o balls ever since I started playing five years ago he had a look on his face like "I get it now".

So I'm hear trying to figure out what my next ball is going to be. I had always thought all this premium ball talk to be a bunch of marketing speak, but reading through these forums I get the sense that this couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm about 270-290 with the driver and 165-170 with my 7-iron using my current ball. I have never had my swing speed measured, but I assume this puts me in the 105+ range. So I decided the B330 would be a good place for me to start my search for a premium ball. But Amazon Japan only has Tour B330X and Tour B330S models for sale, no Tour B330 and no RX series.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/BRIDGESTONE...F8&qid=1459225808&sr=8-7&keywords=ブリヂストン+B330
http://www.amazon.co.jp/BRIDGESTONE...F8&qid=1459225808&sr=8-3&keywords=ブリヂストン+B330

Does anyone know if the JDM Tour B330X models is the US equivalent of the Tour B330?
I was told by Josh Kitchen from bridgestone that the b330x is similar to us version b330 from 2014 with hydrocore.

I was told by Josh Kitchen from bridgestone that the b330x is similar to us version b330 from 2014 with hydrocore.

Thank you for the info. I suppose that means the US 2016 B330 or equivalent is not available in Japan?

Thank you for the info. I suppose that means the US 2016 B330 or equivalent is not available in Japan?
Correct that's what I've been told

Has anyone with a slower swing speed found the B330 RXS to better suited for them than the B330 RX?

Bought a dozen of the new 330RXS today. Will be surprised if they beat out the Chrome Soft I generally play, but felt like changing it up a bit and trying these out. Have heard good things.

Played the 2016 B330 today for the first time. Saw some really good results. Solid from tee to green, but I was more impressed with how it felt on the green. Probably the best feeling ball coming off a putter that I can recall hitting.
We only got in 8 holes before being rained out, so hoping to get in a round or two before club clash.
I jumped on the Bridgestone web site last night to see which ball they say I should be using. It looks like I am border line on a few balls. B330, B330s, and B330rxs. I went with the rxs since I believe my swing speed has decreased and this is what was recommended with a slower swing. I am betting that things will be even better for me with the rxs in play. But, the B330 looks like a good match for me too.

I finally got to play this ball in temps above 65 degrees, this balls performance seriously change as the day got warmer. It got to 84 degrees today, I was getting longer drives than the chrome soft, and some great reaction around the greens. I am going to test these again against the chrome soft.

Im simply infatuated with the B330-RX golf ball. The low spin off the tee and the solid spin around the green have me playing solid golf and scoring well.

I had broken 80 once before I started using the 330rx. Since then? 5 of my last 9 rounds under 80, with two of those rounds being 80 and 81, respectively. Is it all the ball? Maybe not. But I do believe the ball has been a big difference.

Back