Average Driving distance: Older Golfers??

62 years old , 220-230 yards is my typical

42 here, but feel a lot older at times with my back issues

Despite this, at my last lesson on Friday I was averaging 240yds carry with my driver but according to my pro that still has some distance to add to it once I get my swing sorted properly

51 here and I cant currently gauge my distance this season yet because I been struggling with the driver thus far. But I do know my ss has dropped from average 206 about 3 to 4 years ago to now average 102/3. So whatever that correlates to in distance on better strikes Im not really sure right now. And I am not even sure if age has slowed me a little yet or is it swing changes. I'd like to think its swing changes..lol
I do know one thing....a couple lessons last year with a different instructor and he had me swinging 112 which made me feel great that I could swing that fast however I could not control a darn thing at all so it was useless and I wasn't going to spend the whole season figuring it out so I went back to a more controllable 105ish. But as said it sems to now be about 102/3 on average.

The way my body feels, 46 is old to me. Cool/cold weather tight back...240 carry..warm/hot weather, body nice and loose 260 carry. That being said I played last Thursday 38* out numb hands and feet and had a 255 carry the plugged in super soft fairway. :bulgy-eyes: Lost 30lbs a couple years ago and been working hard on core strengthening.

51 here and I cant currently gauge my distance this season yet because I been struggling with the driver thus far. But I do know my ss has dropped from average 206 about 3 to 4 years ago to now average 102/3. So whatever that correlates to in distance on better strikes Im not really sure right now. And I am not even sure if age has slowed me a little yet or is it swing changes. I'd like to think its swing changes..lol
I do know one thing....a couple lessons last year with a different instructor and he had me swinging 112 which made me feel great that I could swing that fast however I could not control a darn thing at all so it was useless and I wasn't going to spend the whole season figuring it out so I went back to a more controllable 105ish. But as said it sems to now be about 102/3 on average.

Please tell me that "206" is a typo. If not, my depression has just deepened.

I'm 66. Although I'd like to just include my best shots and say I average 230-240, the reality is 215 with just over 200 yard carry.

In my 40's I was a big hitter. Now, though, I only concentrate on accuracy and my scores show it. I'm playing much better than I thought I would at this age. I also enjoy the game more. I've played all six rounds this year with the same ball. Somehow I gain comfort in replacing a ball because it's scuffed up instead of losing a ball in the woods.

Later,

John

55 years young hear. I carry 240 on average but can sometimes poke one out there 260 plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please tell me that "206" is a typo. If not, my depression has just deepened.

I'm 66. Although I'd like to just include my best shots and say I average 230-240, the reality is 215 with just over 200 yard carry.

In my 40's I was a big hitter. Now, though, I only concentrate on accuracy and my scores show it. I'm playing much better than I thought I would at this age. I also enjoy the game more. I've played all six rounds this year with the same ball. Somehow I gain comfort in replacing a ball because it's scuffed up instead of losing a ball in the woods.

Later,

John

hahaha yes of course I meant 106

Just a pup at 52. 260-270 is fairly standard. My long drive this spring so far was 301. I did a couple cartwheels on the fairway! Then trying to get on the par 5 in 2 hit a corner cutting 7i too low and into the trees!

I am playing regularly this year with 2 guys in their early 40s. One has extraordinary driver length, regularly well over 300. He's a very good golfer who grew up caddying in VT. The other averages about 220, and it really frustrates him even though he scores well.

59 and 5'7" 165 lbs. My drives with Ping G15 are about 204 per my sky caddie... I did find an old callaway offset driver which allows me to hit a draw and gain another 10 yards or so.

51, average 190-ish whether using a driver (evil rotten club never to be touched again), or my 3-wood.

55 this coming Sunday. Last year averaged 240ish and a long of 275. Had a nice tailwind that day!

I would say my average is in the 240 yard range for a 40 year old buck. Ill take straight down the middle over distance any day.

I will be 68 in a couple of weeks and on a dry course where my draw gets me some roll, a good drive for me is around 200 yards. That's why I pretty much limit my tournament activity to senior association events or other events with a senior division. As Clint Eastwood says--a man's gotta know his limitations. I have no business trying to participate in any event with a yardage greater than 6,100 or so yards. However, as it relates to certain team formats, put me with a long ball partner and we will kick butt.

Never long enough.

Truly long hitters over the age of 55 are rare but we have one at our club, a 56 year old smaller guy(160 lbs) who routinely hits it over 290 yards with his 13* 3 wood. Last time I played with him he hit 3 wood 7 iron on a 510 yard par 5 with only a 5mph tailwind. His "normal" 5 iron is 205 and he is playing relatively weak lofted irons, Titleist MB blades. During a normal round he'll hit driver maybe once. He's about 30+ yards longer than me and I'm still trying to figure out how.

I'm 59 and GameGolf has me with an average of 235 and 78% FIR. That's since I changed my driver approach mid-last year. Prior to that, I was averaging 262 but my FIR was 42%. I decided to take an "easier" swing and focus on sweet spot and I like the trade-off of distance vs. accuracy. I'm planning on getting fit for a new driver this year as I think I can move my average up at least 10 yards. Not through max drive but through more forgiveness. With the easier swing, I am still getting a fair number of drives out 270-280 but not good hits are costing me with 200-210 drives.

Not quite 59 yet, but I guess I'm an older golfer, 220 to 225 carry would seem to be my best guess on average carry.

68 years old and an average drive for me is ~215 yds. I'm the youngest in my regular foursome, and we all hit the ball about the same distance.

68 here and I carry the ball 190-205 so with roll out my typical drives are 205 to 220 on normal fairways.

That's serious power maddog.

Jimmy Numbers thinks its not bad for an old guy....only problem is he used to watch me when I was 270 to 275 carry with a ping ist 7* loft x stiff....those days are long gone....lol

In a few months will be 61, got a new Titleist 915D2 last fall and carry that one 215-220. Has not been much roll so most of the time lying very near to ball mark in fairway. Only problem is I hit this one much higher than my 905T which it replaced, may lower the loft setting and give that a try.

51 and I carry 265, total 275. Summertime i can get them out there. I have not lost all that much distance since my younger days but have backed off on swing speed for accuracy.

Just bought a new Cobra Driver today. Ps 50% off on last yrs models!!@ Dicks sporting goods. well I'm 65 and I generally can drive out to around 200yds. Now lets be truthful. Most of the time what are you getting? I've only been playing 4 or 5 yrs. the last 2 yrs more often. so lets hear it age and distance!! average yds and best!! Thanks :bye:

We have the same history. I'm 63 next week, this is my 5th year golfing. I'm happy with 190-210. If I can do that and keep it in the short grass I'm on my way to bogey golf

Back