Callaway Preowned - Amazing

I've bought "good" before that wasn't quite excellent, but was "pretty darn good". A few scratches but nothing major.

Cool, I found one that is new on the fleabay for the same price.....

I've bought 3 separate clubs from Callaway Pre Owned in the last month. Can't say enough good things about them.

I was out there looking today at the X2hot 5 deeps. Curious what "good" really is.

I think it's entirely dependent on the club, but I won't ever buy anything labeled "good" from them. The last club that came as "like new" would have been "good" if I inspected it. Pretty weird... No follow up email from them either after about five days. Double weird.

Go like new at worst, but wait for a stupid deal first.

Another solid trade transaction! Just received my "like new" 2 ball fang versa tank cruiser and it's brand new. Only issue is it didn't come with weight kit. Quick email and phone call and it's on the way from corporate along with an extra headcover for good measure. Not to mention after trading in last years wedges it cost me less than a trip to the grocery store. CPO rules!!!

I think it's entirely dependent on the club, but I won't ever buy anything labeled "good" from them. The last club that came as "like new" would have been "good" if I inspected it. Pretty weird... No follow up email from them either after about five days. Double weird.

Go like new at worst, but wait for a stupid deal first.

Last time I emailed them about conditions that didn't match - I ordered like new, and got what looked like "good" when my wife's Razr X HL irons came, I didn't get a response but noticed they gave me a credit on my credit card statement for the difference between the two (which is all I was looking for). I was surprised to see it when we were looking through the charges for the month.

Another solid trade transaction! Just received my "like new" 2 ball fang versa tank cruiser and it's brand new. Only issue is it didn't come with weight kit. Quick email and phone call and it's on the way from corporate along with an extra headcover for good measure. Not to mention after trading in last years wedges it cost me less than a trip to the grocery store. CPO rules!!!

Was it supposed to come with the weight kit and headcover? Just curious because I saw a Tank Cruiser that I was interested in but without the weight kit, kind of pointless.

Was it supposed to come with the weight kit and headcover? Just curious because I saw a Tank Cruiser that I was interested in but without the weight kit, kind of pointless.
I bought it over the phone when I had a question about availability of a 1w works cruiser so not sure if it was listed. They had me call corporate and they mailed it out free no questions asked about original order. I would say buy it then call when weight kit isn't included.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The majority of putters with weight kits do not come with the weight kits on CPO. It's the only disadvantage of buying from them, but I can live without a weight kit when I'm getting a $350 milled putter for $109.

I think credit should always be given where it's due. We all have different perceptions of what looks new, and the grey area on definitions can be troublesome at times. I like that Callaway pre-owned stands behind their product, and my latest experience was much the same that you'd expect.

I emailed them when my 21* Apex UT arrived simply expressing my concerns about to spots that almost appeared to be calcium deposits on the face that I couldn't get off. Mostly, I wanted them to set my mind at ease because the rest of the head was in great shape with the typical shop wear you'd see. It did take them a few days (around a weekend) to respond, but when they did, rather than try to discuss the product, they simply noted that a replacement was being shipped, and I could expect a UPS label for return to be sent as well. Not surprisingly, the replacement was in the promised "like new" condition.

Considering the price I got it for, I really didn't expect much. It brings me a lot of satisfaction to know that Callaway is this engaged with their customers, and it will undoubtedly encourage me to game their equipment more and more. Buy with confidence, THPers.

Stupid CPO! Another sale and there is an Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT for $99. I don't need it but I really want it. Please stop being so awesome and tempting!!!!

CPO is the best! They keep offering great prices on great products with lots of special deals and it makes me keep buying stuff. I have had very few issues with them but they ALWAYS make it righter than right. Yes you may find a slightly lower price for something on ebay but to be able to order what they have and customize length, lie angle grips etc and usually ship same day is completely unheard of..

Wanted to add my experience today to this thread. I ordered a Cobra BioCell + with a Diamana D+ Whiteboard shaft from them in the "other brands" section for a great price. Received it in the mail today only to find it has a significant rattle in the head. I called and got Ethel on the line, after giving her my order number and explaining I was fit into the shaft she asked me to hold for a minute and she would see what she could do. Literally 2 minutes later, she asked if I had a Cobra wrench (I don't). She would be sending a new club with the same head and a different shaft, she would also put a cobra wrench in the box, when I got it simply swap out the heads and send the defective head and shaft I didn't want back (all with free shipping all ways!!). The call took less than 5 minutes, and were so nice to deal with! Wish all customer service was this good.

Received my 14* Bertha Mini today. Got it for an incredible price with the 25% off Masters sale and it was shipped out the next day. Their very good condition description was very accurate. And even have 30 days to return it for full credit if for some reason it does not work for me. Absolutely no negatives whatsoever.

Got a "good" condition XR pro driver. Received it and after a quick wipe of the face looks basically brand new. Solid!

Having fallen in love with the #5 headshape I was doing some surfing and wanted to pick up a Works Big T #5 as they have 20% off for May and I am going to Trade in my Rossie Tank Versa that I just haven't gotten along with.

But it wasn't on the their site for trade in so I called in. That turned out to be huge, I bought it less than 45 days ago, they bought it back for 80% of the original price I paid, plus tax back, which worked out to another $7 over trade in price, plus he hooked me up with free shipping ($9.95 savings) and a $5.00 label on the return (probably saved me another $7-8 there).

All in all, that call probably saved me at least $25 on this putter. And makes me feel less guilty since I think the overall cost will be about $65 for a really great putter.

Callaway PO actually pulled me back into the Callaway fold. Not since the old Warbird driver and woods has a Callaway sampling worked for me. I tried, fairly often. Still, no-go.

So for years, I avoided all things Callaway. But the great deals through PO led me to take the leap first on a FT Optiforce 4-wood, then Forged wedges, now an XR driver ("like new" for only $113! "MAY20" coupon code)

Wedges didn't work for me but the 4W is safely in the bag and the XR driver is darn close to safety status.

In what seems like a sea of counterfeits in the used club market, it's a pleasure to deal directly with a major golf company who so freely passes along confidence and great deals to the consumer. Mega thumbs up! ?

My MD3 black wedges showed up last night. Both were from the 20% off sale last week. Like New condition and both clubs still had the original plastic on the heads. Another great deal on CPO. I used them for almost 80% of my gear. The only things I have not are my driver and 3w which I got fitted for in the store.

Got another wedge from CPO in yesterday, like new 60* PM-grind. Looks like only shop wear on it and I paid something like $85 with the MAY20 code. My only gripe is the stickers that they put on the shafts are a PITA to get off for the most part. Pretty small gripe though really.

Just purchased a "Good" condition X2Hot Pro from them a couple weeks ago. I got it in 4 days and after wiping the face off a little, it's in much better condition that I would have thought "Good" was. I traded in a biocell + and my old nike 3w and ended up only paying $20 bucks for it. Hitting it great and couldn't be happier with them. Also, my dad and his buddy ordered some hybrids from them and they came in way better condition than advertised. I think this is the best site you can use to buy gear from, even if it's not Callaway. Hoping to pick up a XR 3h and 4h this year to replace my current 3H and XR 4 iron.

Last edited:
My 3h Apex showed up today and looks great. But they sent me a club cover for a 2/5 hybrid. I guess I'll call them tomorrow and see if they'll send me the right one.

The universal clubbed cover usually has a guitar pick shaped insert that you can pull from its clip and change the number to match your club.

The universal clubbed cover usually has a guitar pick shaped insert that you can pull from its clip and change the number to match your club.
So I just need to pick up a different tab?

My 3h Apex showed up today and looks great. But they sent me a club cover for a 2/5 hybrid. I guess I'll call them tomorrow and see if they'll send me the right one.
My big bertha hybrid covers have a little triangular tab to take out and put in which club it is for
2f4b59978324a67f78d72b76eb6252d6.jpg

So I just need to pick up a different tab?

Just pull out the triangular piece and you'll see more numbers. Reinsert with the #3 showing and you're in business.
CPO is awesome. I've had many great transactions with them.
Enjoy!

Back