2016 Ohio vs Michigan Regional Rivalry Extra Rounds/Travel Thread

I'm liking the thought of a Friday leisurely kinda round.

Or an intense round where we work on our saturday AM pairings!

Haha! This reminded me of my dad. Before every family vacation he'd say "We'll start out with a nice, leisurely breakfast..." but packing & getting into the car was usually pretty intense & usually involved a lot of swearing. I'm up for whatever the team thinks is best.

I will be playing whenever I can with whoever I can that weekend. It is going to be glorious. Especially the Sunday rounds where we bask in the victory from the day prior

I plan on heading down friday morning and hopefully getting a round in that day.

Well, since the teams are set now and people are starting to discuss extra rounds, thought I'd get a better thread started to localize it so we don't start flooding the event thread with it. MD441, mr. event planner, feel free to edit any event specific travel information into the first post so people can see it quickly.

Also for anyone interested, feel free to post any plans of having extra rounds the Friday before, as well as for anyone interested in playing a round during the event after the morning wave of the actual event starts off. I know we have already sparked interest in that.

I would be up for this as I plan on attending to root on Team Ohio, so I would be interested in playing after the teams tee off....

So I figured I would go though and start the lists. Here is what I have so far. Let me know if I am wrong (it's a little late).

Friday (TBD):
hickerad
jspangs
musicmaster6921
Solid5112
Robozeo
Grins
The Milk Man
rbarthle17
Certifi_able

Maybe:
mikedean441
xhail
captaincaution
Michigan Slice

Saturday (Boulder Creek):
hickerad
cbaker
ohio_striker
maynard
ntanygd760
Robozeo
Grins
GoldenBear67

Maybe:
xhail

Sunday:
Firestone Hopefuls:
Wyzyguy
Pkorf

Last edited:
Looks good to me. I wish I could do Friday as well, but I have so many things already planned this year taking most of my PTO. Someone (Me or whoever, I just keep forgetting) should call Boulder sooner rather than later and basically just tell them we want like 3 or 4 tee times right after the hackers paradise group.

Looks good to me. I wish I could do Friday as well, but I have so many things already planned this year taking most of my PTO. Someone (Me or whoever, I just keep forgetting) should call Boulder sooner rather than later and basically just tell them we want like 3 or 4 tee times right after the hackers paradise group.

I was going to call this week, unless Mike has a better contact at the course?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was going to call this week, unless Mike has a better contact at the course?

That's true, maybe we can get a better rate if Mike can work magic with it?

That's true, maybe we can get a better rate if Mike can work magic with it?

#441Magic or is that too much info? Haha

I for sure am planning being there Saturday. I will probably golf somewhere Friday but will look around for a deal, would rather not pay $80 for a round 2 days in a row. Might go to Seneca Friday since there is a tournament there Sunday but I doubt that is worth playing for the guys who are coming into town.

Cliifs: golf good, no golf bad

I will be down Friday and Saturday heading home Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same for me, down Friday and Saturday, leaving Sunday.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

So I figured I would go though and start the lists. Here is what I have so far. Let me know if I am wrong (it's a little late).

Friday (TBD):
hickerad
jspangs
musicmaster6921
Solid5112
Robozeo
Grins
The Milk Man
rbarthle17
Certifi_able

Maybe:
mikedean441
xhail
captaincaution
Michigan Slice

Saturday (Boulder Creek):
hickerad
cbaker
ohio_striker
maynard
ntanygd760
Robozeo
Grins
GoldenBear67

Maybe:
xhail

Sunday:
Firestone Hopefuls:
Wyzyguy
Pkorf

Im in for any rounds being played all weekend.

Sounds good guys. I will update the lists when I get to work.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Have any Michigan guys looked at Hotels in the area? Breedin4Fun and I are looking to stay at the Clarion, it looks to be about 15 minutes away from the course, wanted to see where everyone else was booking at before I booked our room

... And according to the website the are close to the "Rocksino!" which sounds dangerously fun

Cant wait for this to get here, love getting together with THPers and golfing! And this Rocksino has me intrigued....

Yes sir!

That offer stand for any day that week really. We don't have to play the south as it is the most expensive. The other two courses are pretty great as well. I know JSpangs was interested also/

Cant wait for this to get here, love getting together with THPers and golfing! And this Rocksino has me intrigued....

I think we need to keep you away from the Rocksino until after Michigan beats Ohio so you are on your A game ;)

Have any Michigan guys looked at Hotels in the area? Breedin4Fun and I are looking to stay at the Clarion, it looks to be about 15 minutes away from the course, wanted to see where everyone else was booking at before I booked our room
Im working on a hotel for the group very close to the course

Im working on a hotel for the group very close to the course

Awesome thank you Mike for keeping us posted! I am pretty excited to get down there and meet a few of you guys

Throw me in to all days please. Regardless of where we play the more golf the better. Ill look into some sort of group discount if people are interested....

I wanted to throw this out there.

A few days ago I saw/heard that Stonewater gc would be allowing some open public play. I went ahead and reached out to the new director of golf (Ned Weaver) to ask about Friday June 10th or Sunday June 12th. I literally just got off of the phone with him. Here's what I was told....

-18 holes w/ cart (preferably afternoon tee times)

-$70.00

I told him there could be as many as 20+/- guys but wouldn't know that # for a little while. He told me he would just need to know exactly how many times to block off. Thoughts?? Not trying to step on any toes here just trying to add to the mix some fun options at a great course which is private. (Home of Jason Day's 1st professional win) Really looking forward to this weekend!

I wanted to throw this out there.

A few days ago I saw/heard that Stonewater gc would be allowing some open public play. I went ahead and reached out to the new director of golf (Ned Weaver) to ask about Friday June 10th or Sunday June 12th. I literally just got off of the phone with him. Here's what I was told....

-18 holes w/ cart (preferably afternoon tee times)

-$70.00

I told him there could be as many as 20+/- guys but wouldn't know that # for a little while. He told me he would just need to know exactly how many times to block off. Thoughts?? Not trying to step on any toes here just trying to add to the mix some fun options at a great course which is private. (Home of Jason Day's 1st professional win) Really looking forward to this weekend!

This sounds like it would be a blast

Back