Get Cured Team Match Play - THP Event in NY

it still looks plenty wide enough for me, this hole doesn't look that tough. plus it is the shortest yet, a hybrid of the tee is an option

So I get to captain a team in which one of its members is the co-founder of a putter company. That sounds about right.

Jeff is a great guy, a heck of a golfer and incredibly knowledgeable as it pertains to putting. He is one of those guys that with proper guidance probably could have made it on the big tour. Doesnt play as much as he would like to now, but talk about a fantastic teacher. He was one of the pros at one of the finest clubs in FL before CURE.

it still looks plenty wide enough for me, this hole doesn't look that tough. plus it is the shortest yet, a hybrid of the tee is an option

That's what I was thinking as well, a lot of these holes don't even need driver off the tee. depending on the formats, first teammate's tee shots will be a key factor in how to play the hole. If the first tee shot is solid then you can take some chances, if not then you can easily lay up and avoid trouble.

Jeff is a great guy, a heck of a golfer and incredibly knowledgeable as it pertains to putting. He is one of those guys that with proper guidance probably could have made it on the big tour. Doesnt play as much as he would like to now, but talk about a fantastic teacher. He was one of the pros at one of the finest clubs in FL before CURE.

That is awesome. You can never get too much knowledge on the golf course and it would be awesome to team up with him.

Sounds like he and I will get along just fine. I'm looking forward to picking his brain. Everyone in this event will be.

I'm really looking forward to meeting the guys from Cure, having information about the product from an insider is something I could get used to.

That's what I was thinking as well, a lot of these holes don't even need driver off the tee. depending on the formats, first teammate's tee shots will be a key factor in how to play the hole. If the first tee shot is solid then you can take some chances, if not then you can easily lay up and avoid trouble.

ok if your on my team i expect birdies from both of you on this hole :act-up:

This is looking like its going to be one heck of an event!

Sounds like he and I will get along just fine. I'm looking forward to picking his brain. Everyone in this event will be.

OC,
Check your email and respond to selection meeting when you get a chance.

OC,
Check your email and respond to selection meeting when you get a chance.
Done--it was in my junk folder.

so which team am I on? You can tell me, I'm good with secrets.

ok if your on my team i expect birdies from both of you on this hole :act-up:

I'm an internet golfer, I don't even know what a birdie is.

I'm an internet golfer, I don't even know what a birdie is.

right, eagles only for this guy, it's the internet after all

Just wait until my dial up kicks me off.
Your 56k modem should keep up with instant messaging.

Looking forward to getting teams sorted out for sure!

What?!? I got stuck with him?!? Oh sorry I'm a little ahead of myself.

so I just confirmed I am taking vacation days the Friday before and the follwoing Monday. plus I paid the balance due.

now I am ready for team selection.

on an unrelated note, was there a special rate for practice rounds on Friday?

so I just confirmed I am taking vacation days the Friday before and the follwoing Monday. plus I paid the balance due.

now I am ready for team selection.

on an unrelated note, was there a special rate for practice rounds on Friday?

I think I am leaving work early Friday and going straight there to get to the meet and greet but will be leaving Sunday most likely. If we share room costs we will have to figure the details out.

I think I am leaving work early Friday and going straight there to get to the meet and greet but will be leaving Sunday most likely. If we share room costs we will have to figure the details out.

we'll see, looks like I could be staying an extra night or two, but then again it'll depend on what everyone is doing

I'm atleast taking a half day Friday...possibly a full day. Depends on if anyone wants to play a practice round, but in most likely heading out on Sunday.

Welcome to Team Green Jeff Ryan!

So I get to captain a team in which one of its members is the co-founder of a putter company. That sounds about right.

He's going to take the club away from you mid-round on grounds of abuse.

I have a few questions for everyone. I have to admit, this is one aprt of the event I am the most looking forward to. besides the two invitationals I ahve been lucky to be part of, I haven't played in a lot of competitive environments.

what kind of experience do you guys have in competition, may it be teams or solo?
I have limited experience in competitions, but have played in one team event in the past. Enjoyed it, but definitely realized how it differs from playing on your own. I really enjoyed it though!

what would you do to prepare for it?
I've been going to the range when I can, putting at the house and chipping in the backyard. Getting out on the course as much as I can to see how the practice has helped. Other then that, just looking forward to getting together with other THPers and looking forward to a great time!

what would you expect from a teammate?
Someone who is there for the experience, does everything to help the team win, and is encouraging through every shot, good or bad.

what would you expect from a captain?
​I think my expectations are similar for the captain and teammate. One thing that I've come to appreciate through the various threads and posts from events is the interaction and friendship that comes from attending events, and I'm looking forward to my first THP event!

Back