Get Cured Team Match Play - THP Event in NY

I like white with a green tint.

For the participants, I'm interested in hearing a "before" expectation/impression versus what you will walk-away with post-event... What are your expectations of the CURE CX putters? Do you have a "known" putting issue, and based on any research you've done on the putter line, how do you think it will help your game on the greens?

OMG... 13 in 1999?!? Dadgum young folks. :D

Jeremy, I am going into the CURE event with an open mind, hoping to learn a good bit about putting, and to come out of it with what I'm convinced is a premium putter fitted to me personally. I learned some things about reading greens from Adams a couple years ago when we visited there that I still use, and I'm hoping to pick up a few things from the experts at CURE as well with regard to putting. My putting is "decent", but, if I have a weakness, it would be lag putting from distance, especially on Bermuda greens. From reading JB's experiences with his CX1, I believe he feels his lag putting has improved, and that is very encouraging.

1st post updated.

Team Green vs Team White. Looks like they already have a team member listed too. Wonder which one will be my teammate.

More details makes me happy.

Excited to find out my first teammate, Grant from Cure. Looking forward to meeting him and leaning a lot from him over the weekend!

These new details are great! Busy week so far and it's only Monday.

Getting to learn from and possibly play with/against the Co-Founder or main Operations guy at Cure. Incredible.

Getting to learn from and possibly play with/against the Co-Founder or main Operations guy at Cure. Incredible.

They are both sticks too.

They are both sticks too.

You definitely know how to put together an event! God I'm stoked. Wish this was tomorrow.

I have a few questions for everyone. I have to admit, this is one aprt of the event I am the most looking forward to. besides the two invitationals I ahve been lucky to be part of, I haven't played in a lot of competitive environments.

what kind of experience do you guys have in competition, may it be teams or solo?
what would you do to prepare for it?
what would you expect from a teammate?
what would you expect from a captain?

1. I have a good bit of experience playing competitively. Up until 2015, I was a member of 3 Golf Associations just to play their tournament schedules, and have averaged at least a half dozen THP events the past few years. When I moved to Florida last year, my tournament schedule was curtailed quite a bit, and this is okay, since I'm getting up there in years now and finding it harder to keep up with the "kids" competitively speaking.

2. My preparation for events varies depending on the event. I play golf 3 to 4 times a week as it is, and, for special events, will usually add regular range sessions on the days I'm not playing, except Sunday. The range time will be about 70/30 short game to full shots.

3. I expect my team mates/partners to want to have fun, not take everything too seriously, yet, be committed to trying their best to win. I will do my best to keep them relaxed and focused, but, we all have to want to win to be competitive. I expect my partner to kick me in the butt if I get negative or unfocused. That being said, re-read the first sentence of this paragraph.

4. I hope our captain will try to make pairings that put players together whose game strengths compliment one another (to the extent possible. Obviously, we don't all know each other that well). For example, I'm a short hitter, but accurate (normally) and have had some success in the formats we'll be playing with partners who hit a longer tee ball. If I'm in the fairway, my partner is a lot more relaxed than if I'm in a hazard, and I'll be hitting shorter irons to greens. :) Beyond that, about all the captain can do is foster a positive attitude for the team.

Hope that answers your question, Marty. Probably TMI, and one who doesn't know me might think I'm taking all this too seriously. But, those who do, know that's not entirely true.

1. I have a good bit of experience playing competitively. Up until 2015, I was a member of 3 Golf Associations just to play their tournament schedules, and have averaged at least a half dozen THP events the past few years. When I moved to Florida last year, my tournament schedule was curtailed quite a bit, and this is okay, since I'm getting up there in years now and finding it harder to keep up with the "kids" competitively speaking.

2. My preparation for events varies depending on the event. I play golf 3 to 4 times a week as it is, and, for special events, will usually add regular range sessions on the days I'm not playing, except Sunday. The range time will be about 70/30 short game to full shots.

3. I expect my team mates/partners to want to have fun, not take everything too seriously, yet, be committed to trying their best to win. I will do my best to keep them relaxed and focused, but, we all have to want to win to be competitive. I expect my partner to kick me in the butt if I get negative or unfocused. That being said, re-read the first sentence of this paragraph.

4. I hope our captain will try to make pairings that put players together whose game strengths compliment one another (to the extent possible. Obviously, we don't all know each other that well). For example, I'm a short hitter, but accurate (normally) and have had some success in the formats we'll be playing with partners who hit a longer tee ball. If I'm in the fairway, my partner is a lot more relaxed than if I'm in a hazard, and I'll be hitting shorter irons to greens. :) Beyond that, about all the captain can do is foster a positive attitude for the team.

Hope that answers your question, Marty. Probably TMI, and one who doesn't know me might think I'm taking all this too seriously. But, those who do, know that's not entirely true.

its never TMI Ken, always great for us newbies (or relative newbies) to listen and learn from veterans (in reguards to competitive experience, of course, not age :alien: )

I bought a RX1 tonight and it should be here later this week or early next. Looking to put it in play as soon as possible be able to compare the CX1 against it and my current gamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few questions for everyone. I have to admit, this is one aprt of the event I am the most looking forward to. besides the two invitationals I ahve been lucky to be part of, I haven't played in a lot of competitive environments.

what kind of experience do you guys have in competition, may it be teams or solo?
what would you do to prepare for it?
what would you expect from a teammate?
what would you expect from a captain?

Aside from corporate type scrambles, this will be my first competitive event.
For preparation I am working on consistency and my short game.
I expect my teammates to have fun, be encouraging and be there to enjoy the friendly competition.
A captain should set the tone for the team and the competition. Get the team up for the event, guide us through the match, and keep us motivated.

This thread is a great indication of how well my expectations will be met. I'm stoked to meet more THP'ers, experience different formats of competitive golf, play what appears to be a great course, and be fitted for an awesome putter. This too:
Winning Team
Not only will the winning team of THPers get the glory of being champions, they will also each be put into the THP Shrine with Hall of Fame honors. Each participant on the winning side, will also be able to remember their victory with trophies commemorating their celebration.

Hey guys what is your favorite color, green or white??

I have to say white, there's too much uncertainty for me with "green" . :act-up:

600px-Shades_of_green.png

Pretty amazing when you say it like that!

#5 Starts what i think is the hardest stretch

1st post updated.
Welcome to Team Green Jeff Ryan!

Excited to find out my first teammate, Grant from Cure. Looking forward to meeting him and leaning a lot from him over the weekend!
So I get to captain a team in which one of its members is the co-founder of a putter company. That sounds about right.

#5 Starts what i think is the hardest stretch
I'm taking dead aim at the green from the tee box, then drawing it back to center cut inside of 90 yards. Then depending on format, leaning on my partner to finish the hole. :)

I woud laim just left of the green, and let the fade bring it in the fairway, then chunk an iron to wedge distance, and up and down ;)

If I am driving like I did this past Sunday, I will be aiming right at that Red dot next to the dog leg. Get the angle in so I don't even have to think about that water.

Could be a tough tee shot there. Something tells me those bunkers on the left side catch a lot of balls since its better than the alternative.

depending on what tees we would play 360 yds i think the bunkers will get a lot of play. i could fly the bunkers at 360 it would be close. All i know is i dont want hit the bunker shot to the green that spells desaster

Back