Ping G410 Fairway Wood Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This club has remained in the bag for the time being. Love it off the tee and ai find it a bit easier to hit then my current rotation of fairway woods(f85 and steelhead). Numbers wise, it impressed me a lot. With more loft I was able to get similar to better numbers than I got from the f85 3 wood.

Great review Dean!!
Good looking club, I like that they make a 7 wood. I need to replace mine and since Srixon does not go that far down, this will be a good replacement I think.

Very thorough review Dean. I've never really looked at ping for anything besides irons a long time ago. I know you mention the turbulators frame the ball well but man they stand out like a sore thumb compared to aerodynamics other companies manage to produce. I do really like the hosel adapter, it looks great in the photos. Question...is the face that closed at address or is it just the angle of the pic?

Very thorough review Dean. I've never really looked at ping for anything besides irons a long time ago. I know you mention the turbulators frame the ball well but man they stand out like a sore thumb compared to aerodynamics other companies manage to produce. I do really like the hosel adapter, it looks great in the photos. Question...is the face that closed at address or is it just the angle of the pic?

angle of the pic. I did not find it to be closed.
turbulators have been around for so long now, they are nothing to me anymore.

Nice review -
When I do play a fairway wood (5w) it's usually a Ping. wait...That sounded like the Dos Equis guy, lol

In the offseason I upgraded from the G SF Tec to the G410 SF Tec 5w.
I play it in the large "--" setting to help with my left issues. So far its been working. With the new flat setting though this one may be even better.
Need to test it out.

The G410 hybrids are already on my ponder list.

Took some time off of work at the tail end of last week and snuck some golf in. Man this club just did not disappoint. I don't have confidence in much right now, but this club is one that I do.

Great write up Dean. Cant wait to see you hit this thing in person

It's a matter of time before I jump on a 5 wood. Really thinking about a G410 5 wood, half in long kind of like a Heavenwood.

Is anyone playing the SFT 3W? I think this might be on my radar now since I love the hybrids so much. I'm slightly worried about potentially overdrawing/hooking but I like having the option to flatten the lie angle to help counteract if that was a problem. Just curious of others feedback on it.

Hit my new 5w today. I have it turned down to 16 degree with the PX Even Flow shaft. I hit it twice off the tee today. Last one was 230 into the wind. I like this little club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back