Industry Talk & News - The Dean Has Spoken Volume 5 – THP Radio

Another top notch episode there. Couldn't agree more about Dell match play.

Also agree that it's tough to cut a marketing dept. in half mid release cycle. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with them, whether it's a rebirth or downward spiral.

JB, I like it when you talk numbers. Pretty cool how much you know about the specialty putter market, and what numbers companies are doing, etc.

And, love it that Dean just calls out the format for the next show. He wants the final say, lol.

Another great episode.

I wasnt expecting to hear about Srixon/Cleveland and that grandura was going away. I never had the pleasure to try their shafts but they sounded great.

JB, I like it when you talk numbers. Pretty cool how much you know about the specialty putter market, and what numbers companies are doing, etc.

Thanks dude. Being a full time job and spending hours each week studying data, some of it actually gets retained in the ole noggin.

Another fine listen. I don't know anyone at Cleveland Golf but it's always sad and disappointing when a company you like and respect has to retool. Grandura...I had no idea until I listened to the show. They barely scratched the surface and are gone. By the way, I was drinking a Fresca while I listened. I wasn't sure anyone else drank it but me.

Another fine listen. I don't know anyone at Cleveland Golf but it's always sad and disappointing when a company you like and respect has to retool. Grandura...I had no idea until I listened to the show. They barely scratched the surface and are gone. By the way, I was drinking a Fresca while I listened. I wasn't sure anyone else drank it but me.

Drink of champions!

Good episode guys. I was really surprised to hear about Grandura. Maybe I can get that x flex 530 to work for me haha.

After listening to you guys talk it out, I am more on board getting the match play back to single elimination. And I love the way the world cup is set up. But the Dean was right. I barely followed along the first three days because it didn't matter as much.

Oh and Fresca with tequila is the best drink ever.

Listened again on my drive in to work this morning, caught some more I missed on the first listen.

I think the round robin format in the match play is done more to accommodate the fans that are there and make it easier for the better players To advance as they have more opportunities.

Total disservice for those of us watching on tv.

Another great episode, I enjoy listening to news about the industry and found the Cleveland and Grandura info especially interesting.

Keep em coming!

Great episode. Total shocker on the Grandura news. Felt like they were set to be a player for years. Sucks about the folks at Cleveland and for those losing their jobs. The brass feels like a shakeup is needed. Their marquee touring pros aren't doing the brand any favors. I'm looking at you, Keegan.

While I don't disagree about the round robin thing--it's totally understandable from a sponsorship standpoint. The casual fan is more likely to watch the big names in the final rather than one or two guys they've never heard of.

The item we discussed doing with Toulon Design will definitely be happening. Next trip out to California will be late May.

The item we discussed doing with Toulon Design will definitely be happening. Next trip out to California will be late May.

sounds like I should re-consider haha

sounds like I should re-consider haha

Very true...haha
This was a fun episode that touched on some things around the industry that do not normally get discussed. I want to thank those THPers that took the time to listen and encourage those that haven't to do so.

I like the flexibility in this series. I think it allows for free form creativity.

I like the flexibility in this series. I think it allows for free form creativity.

Thanks T2G. Its something ddec and I have enjoyed and have some pretty big plans for including on location stuff that could really be fantastic.

Live from.....Gold Standard

I listened to this on the drive home last night. Really well done.

Grandura shafts ending was surprising to learn. I don't keep up with shaft stuff that much, but I know there were a lot of rave reviews on those shafts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. Can't wait to watch.

I finally was able to listen to this on the drive in yesterday. The earlier issue I had with the sound not playing was a total operator error. It was playing through my bluetooth connection in the car, and I wasn't clicked on Audiio source, so I couldn't hear through the handset speaker like I had done previously...uh doh!!

The good or bad news depending on how you look at it, I got to hear JB and Dean in Stereo :D

Really enjoyed the content!!

May have already been discussed. I like it.

Carry On hahahaha

We purchased a new device called the Zoom H4N that brings studio audio recording in portable size with multiple XLR mic inputs. This gives us the ability to record high quality from anywhere.

We purchased a new device called the Zoom H4N that brings studio audio recording in portable size with multiple XLR mic inputs. This gives us the ability to record high quality from anywhere.

I checked one out in person at Best Buy earlier this week. I like what I was seeing. Looking forward to testing it out in 2 weeks.

It did sound very good!

Back