Odyssey Putters Thread

I look forward to trying these for sure. Looks to me like these have no shaft offset (or even face in front of the shaft depending on the photo).

Cant wait for the toe up putters to be released, they have me REALLY interested.

Can't wait to check out the toe up putters, really interesting.

Had some time to kill today so I stopped by Golf Galaxy and spent some time with the White Hot RX V-Line Fang. Wow. What a great combination of head shape/insert feel. I want one bad

I've been thinking about my round last weekend when I had my 35" MXM Versa #7 w/SS 2.0 grip and 20 gram weights installed and my 35" Lucky 777 w/stock Odyssey grip and 20 gram weights both in the bag. The 777 was so much better for me, I didn't use it much and I won't have it in the bag often, but I need something with that swing weight and head shape to game all the time. So the search is on for another Odyssey #7, maybe something between the 777 and something off the rack.

My first putt with the 777 was a 15' I made for birdie and the last 2 were on the last par 3 that I played two balls. Both were around 20'ers on different parts of the green and I hit both about a foot past the hole and made par with both balls.

I'm telling you what, this WHRX #9 isn't leaving the bag anytime soon. 4 straight 1 putts (should have been 5 but I'm an idiot) and 13 putts total for 9. Love the roll and the distance control is superb. Odyssey hit a home run here.

Tried the WHRX #1 and V-line Fang a week ago and like them both a lot, sort of liked the 1 a little better but want to compare them more since I really want to love the VLF. Also would like to try toe hang 1 and new Tank Sabertooth.

Had some time to kill today so I stopped by Golf Galaxy and spent some time with the White Hot RX V-Line Fang. Wow. What a great combination of head shape/insert feel. I want one bad
Told you.

:alien:

Got out today with my #5 Big T and was having a great day putting. 16 putts with no 3 putts through 9, and several of the first putts just missed. I've got this thing setup so dang well for me right now, with added lead tape on the head, added weight under the grip, and a SS2R grip on it, it's just working so well for me, and it's amazing how much the confidence I have in this putter is improving my short game. I keep going back and forth between the Big T and the #7 WTC, and both are great, it's hard to pick which one to game long term. I guess having two great putters is a good problem to have.

Nah, much more akin to what Edel does/did with the Torque Balance. I do believe these will be better done though, IMO.

So I've been doing a little research and Ping were doing this with the Cushnik as well as Edel.
But I think this is not the same as what Seemore is doing. With these if you hold the shaft horizontal the toe will be up. The videos I have watched of Seemore putters show that when held at 70 degrees the face is square to the target. When held horizontal then the face is aimed up to the sky. Seems like they are using much more complex balancing to achieve both. How? The only thing I can think of is witchcraft!
But no seriously it doesn't make sense to me because at 70 degrees the face is aligned and then at 90 degrees it turns to face up?
Anyway regardless I am excited to see what this does for people who usually game a face balanced putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've been doing a little research and Ping were doing this with the Cushnik as well as Edel.
But I think this is not the same as what Seemore is doing. With these if you hold the shaft horizontal the toe will be up. The videos I have watched of Seemore putters show that when held at 70 degrees the face is square to the target. When held horizontal then the face is aimed up to the sky. Seems like they are using much more complex balancing to achieve both. How? The only thing I can think of is witchcraft!
But no seriously it doesn't make sense to me because at 70 degrees the face is aligned and then at 90 degrees it turns to face up?
Anyway regardless I am excited to see what this does for people who usually game a face balanced putter.

That's me I'm a face balanced guy. I spent about 15 minutes with the ToeUp#1 about a month ago. Didn't really do anything for me but to be honest it was a quick few puts on an indoor surface. I really wanted to try the #9 but it was not available at the time. I'll reserve any further comments until I've spent a bit more time with it. I'm still intrigued by this style and design.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
After playing all of my rounds this year with a works #7 CS and a 2 ball fang I've decided I want to try a milled odyssey putter. Now to track down a #7 MXM or possibly a 2 ball MXM.

Nah, much more akin to what Edel does/did with the Torque Balance. I do believe these will be better done though, IMO.

The few Torque Balanced Edel putters I have rolled with the Pixl insert have felt pretty darn good. Has me intrigued to try these.

Put my RX on the bench today and brought the WRX 1w out of hibernation - I missed you old friend

I now have the SSR2 grip on the RX V-Line Fang. Feels really good in the house, but I'm anxious to get it out on the course. I definitely felt like I was getting a more consistent path once I replaced the grip.

I currently bag an Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Fang, but am thinking about switching to the TaylorMade Ghost Tour Black Maranello. I putt ok with the Fang, but I am itching to get a new club, lol.

Wasn't the nicest day today but had a great putting day with the Works Versa VLine! So many clutch putts, some for par but some for bogey in order to maintain damage control, either way it is just so stable and easy to stand over. I can't, no I won't be changing putters anytime soon with rounds like that in my memory bank. Certainly wasn't perfect but that's the Indian not the arrow.

Finally had a chance to see the Toe up putters in person and honestly they're a bit different. Roll was pure and stroke did feel good but at address it took a bit to get adjusted

432047d9f49afac331b8477cf5630150.jpg

b93486c1ed16dfcf13a960488354ec15.jpg

7a43c9a27561691c37c01432b68af1e3.jpg

Finally had a chance to see the Toe up putters in person and honestly they're a bit different. Roll was pure and stroke did feel good but at address it took a bit to get adjusted

432047d9f49afac331b8477cf5630150.jpg

b93486c1ed16dfcf13a960488354ec15.jpg

7a43c9a27561691c37c01432b68af1e3.jpg

Absolutely agree, these will take some getting used to visually. I was extremely intrigued but need to roll them again as I only had a few minutes with the #1. Need to try the #9.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I really like the design on the toe up putters. Doubt it would work for me, but I need to try one.

The Toe Up is a putter on my must try list. I like the concept but want to try it out for myself.

With the counter balanced grip, it was very easy to release the putter naturally. Looks aside the putter felt really solid and natural.

It's the same insert as the fusion RX correct?

It's the same insert as the fusion RX correct?

No. There is no insert on this putter. Very similar if not identical to the mxm line of putters

Had my best round to date with the #7ch today. 30 putts and dropped a 50 foot bomb for birdie today. I had so many putts today that were perfectly rolled on the line I wanted it to go on but the greens just weren't breaking at all. Really encouraging to see some of the medium length putts drop too

Back