Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

Get them before you hit them, because based on 441 and I's time at Vokey last week, that finish is coming off quite quickly (according to them).

Is that a problem with the steel gray as well or just the black?

I really want to spend some QT with them. Esp in that raw finish.

Get them before you hit them, because based on 441 and I's time at Vokey last week, that finish is coming off quite quickly (according to them).

I picked up the same finish today took one shot in the back yard and some of the finish came off the sole. I expect it and like the wear but I was thinking about just stripping it right away and not even messing around.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just being playful/haha dude, I forgot the smiley. Sorry about that.

My whole point was I've gotten to mess with these a lot lately and they've impressed me. Particularly the fact that theyre audibly more dense.

I support this rawness.

I have the blue SM5's, and the first shot out of the bunker and the entire finish on the sole came off.
I expect it with the black. I expect the sole and face to come off. I don't mind that. As long as the black holds up to the minimal bag chatter that I'll have. I don't mind the face and sole wearing but the back is what would bother me. As long as they hold up as well as the SM5's I'll be a happy camper.

I expect it with the black. I expect the sole and face to come off. I don't mind that. As long as the black holds up to the minimal bag chatter that I'll have. I don't mind the face and sole wearing but the back is what would bother me. As long as they hold up as well as the SM5's I'll be a happy camper.

Careful in the sand then. The back of ours out of the bunker was scarred today.

I've been demoing these on the course for the past 3 weeks. Settled on the 50f, 54m, 58s setup.

I still haven't hit the SM6. Not even sure I hit an SM5, actually.

That's kind of sad and something I should probably rectify.
I didn't hit SM5 either. Think the last I hit was SM4.

I hit the 4s a couple times and traded for the 5s with Hawk but just didn't like the sound/feel. These though, are different, in a good way for me.

Careful in the sand then. The back of ours out of the bunker was scarred today.
Easy solution, just don't hit in the sand right?? Especially when you're there as a photographer? Lol!

You can hit mine as soon as we get together dude.

I have an sm5 u can hit lol

Got my 50F in black in today and went down to the range. Love it so far. I just got the one wedge to start with as I wanted to test on with the Xp95 shafts that are in my irons. Well struck shots fly nice and high and are going to pair well with the CF16s. Won't be long before I add the 54 and 58.

First round with these today. Full shots, 3/4 and pitch shots performed very well. Was able to,hit the shot I wanted and get results that I expected. They feel soft and the sound is far better than previous releases. Hit the 54 out of the sand on 3 occasions and the 50 once (both are the black finish) and haven't seen anywhere on the sole or face yet.

Just chipped around the practice green yesterday and I was impressed with the amount of spin and ability to hit the shots I wanted. I really love my vokey a and can't wait to game a full round with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just chipped around the practice green yesterday and I was impressed with the amount of spin and ability to hit the shots I wanted. I really love my vokey a and can't wait to game a full round with them.

I enjoyed hitting it as well my man...almost had two much grab for the shots that I like to play but man was it solid off the face and gorgeous looking!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

So after two rounds I think I have used them enough to comment on them.

They are very very good as proven in the past get the right grind for the right condition and the club just performs. That said I am having a touch of an adjustment period. The club gets through so clean the ball is coming out a bit better than I am used to. That is a plus in my mind and once I get used to it will be awesome in those tough lies.

The 46 f grind has been Outstanding on full shots for me as I have taken the pw out of the bag and been using the 46. Exactly what I was looking for there. Same with the 50 f grind.

The 54 s grind is my normal go to chipping half shot club. Perfect grind to do many different things with.

The highlight for me is the 58 k grind. I know the sole looks thick and it has a pretty large amount of bounce but it is awesome out of the sand and hitting touch shots. No issues with the higher bounce or wide sole and being the time of year it is currently we have a ton of tight lies on the half dormant Bermuda. It is not as flashy as some other grinds but it just flat out works and if you need a grind out of the sand look at the K grind.

Also the black finish is showing some wear but not a ton just yet. The soles are showing the most obviously and some small scuff marks on the face (which showed up on the first range ball hit)

Good stuff ron...getting adjusted to hitting clean shots is a good problem to had. And titleist raved about the K grind out of the sand at our visit and appears tou are a fan as well...sounds like a winner

Bought a S grind 60' and a F grind 58 ( will be going to my son. just wanted to try it ) Some interesting results...

First - the feel is MUCH better than previous Vokeys I have hit. Much more of a thud when hit than a click. Feels a bit heavier than the TM ATV's I have currently.

Used the 60 quite a few times around the green, and a few full shots. To be honest, think my ATV's were better here, probably just because of their versatility. I believe this wedge had 10' of bounce, and with the rough being thin, hard (but muddy in spots ), clumpy and scruffy, and the fairways being thin and tight, it was harder to catch the ball clean. I don't think this was a knock on the wedge - I just don't think I had the right tool for the job. Shots that weren't quite so tight and out of more normal rough felt very good, and the check was there for what you would expect from new wedges. The one area the ATV killed the Titleist was full shots. Now, I know most don't hit full shots with their 60, but I always have, and it is one part of my game I have total confidence in. On hole #13 ( I think ) at Deerfield, I hit a drive and was left with 101 yards from the fairway to a downhill front pin. I hit the Vokey, and it felt fairly clean, but it came up 5 yards short of the green. I was a bit incredulous, so I put another ball down in the exact same spot, and hit the ATV. I stuffed it to kick in birdie range. This was the first go round with the Vokey, so I will give it some time to get used to it. I have a 30 day playability guarantee, so I'll mess around with it more, and if I just can't make it work, I'll probably try a different grind.

I only hit the 58 from one bunker. (The bunkers were very good. First time this year the bunker hadn't either been way too thick with new sand, or very thin or hard.) It popped right out and left me with a 6' putt, which I promptly lipped out! Like I said, this one is going to my son. I was looking for a K grind, but they had none in stock. Think I may pick one up and use that from heavy sand and thick rough.

Last edited:
I got to chip a bit yesterday with T2GRN18's 54 and I loved the results. Didn't hit one bad chip and had a variety of lies. Lightingbolt44's comment about getting through to the ball so clean, is spot on. I didn't miss hit one chip and they all came out with a nice bit of check on them. It was just an addcitive feel and look, I wanted to keep hitting them.

I was going to go with the M grind on all three of them, but after reading LB's comments about the K Grind in the 58 for the sand, that may be a consideration. I've never really looked at the Vokey wedges before, but i'm glad I saw these in person yesterday and gave them a try.

Plus all the comments and pictures in this thread have sealed the deal.

Your welcome and you should buy two so that the one has a buddy to hang out with in the bag

I think Triplet's are better than twins :D Looking at the 50, 54 and 58.

I got to chip a bit yesterday with T2GRN18's 54 and I loved the results. Didn't hit one bad chip and had a variety of lies. Lightingbolt44's comment about getting through to the ball so clean, is spot on. I didn't miss hit one chip and they all came out with a nice bit of check on them. It was just an addcitive feel and look, I wanted to keep hitting them.

I was going to go with the M grind on all three of them, but after reading LB's comments about the K Grind in the 58 for the sand, that may be a consideration. I've never really looked at the Vokey wedges before, but i'm glad I saw these in person yesterday and gave them a try.

Plus all the comments and pictures in this thread have sealed the deal.

I think Triplet's are better than twins :D Looking at the 50, 54 and 58.
I would recommend the k grind to anyone and everyone. Such a forgiving sole grind. I am actually not nuts over the m grind in our area and the varied conditions. With the K grind sand shots become as close to automatic as they can.

I would recommend the k grind to anyone and everyone. Such a forgiving sole grind. I am actually not nuts over the m grind in our area and the varied conditions. With the K grind sand shots become as close to automatic as they can.

K definitely sounds like a winner from the sand.

I said M, as that is what was in T2GRN18's that I was using although that was for just chipping. My thought from reading the great chart that PKorp posted is that the S grind would be more suited for me due to the fact, I tend to be more steep than shallow, but the M Grinds being good for firm to medium turf conditions pretty much describe what we play in here most of the year. During the summer when fairways and green surrounds get very firm, I could see the low bounce of the M working very well, as it did yesterday around the green, which is where I use my 54 mostly. I rarely use it for full swings, from outside of 40 to 50 yards, I generally use the 50 with a 1/4 to half swing.

K definitely sounds like a winner from the sand.

I said M, as that is what was in T2GRN18's that I was using although that was for just chipping. My thought from reading the great chart that PKorp posted is that the S grind would be more suited for me due to the fact, I tend to be more steep than shallow, but the M Grinds being good for firm to medium turf conditions pretty much describe what we play in here most of the year. During the summer when fairways and green surrounds get very firm, I could see the low bounce of the M working very well, as it did yesterday around the green, which is where I use my 54 mostly. I rarely use it for full swings, from outside of 40 to 50 yards, I generally use the 50 with a 1/4 to half swing.

50-F, 54-M,58-K sounds like a good plan to me. I would test the S grind out in the 54 as well if you are steep though.

50-F, 54-M,58-K sounds like a good plan to me. I would test the S grind out in the 54 as well if you are steep though.

Yep, sounds like a solid set up.

I was always steep in the past, but on a lesson last year, the instructor told me I had actually a flater swing for someone my height than normal. could be due to the fact my back swing has shortened quite a bit over the past few years, so it doesn't have a chacne to get as steep.

With my irons, I seem to be more of a sweeper/picker without taking too much of a divot. Wedges i do take a bit more of a divot on 3/4 swings, which might lean more toward the S grind then. Shorter wedges shots such as pitches not so much of a divot.

I'll have to try them both the next time the rep is around or I'm at a demo day.

Back