Fowler Hi-Top Free At Masters

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Thoughts on this decision? I'm quite surprised.

CeuZ_KbXIAIMoDm.jpg:large

Those pants on day 2 are interesting. Maybe the Hi-tops just weren't doing it for him?

Definitely surprised as well. Hmm wonder if the joggers weren't seen as Masters material.

Wonder if it was per request that the joggers and high tops get left at home?

I would bet it's not the hi-tops he decided (Puma decided) to shy away from but the ugly sweat pant looking pants!

I had the same thought. Either way, I think it's a good call.

Well, the shoe-Luddite in me says good. Now, the purple/black pants.....I do not like them, Sam I Am.

Great look. Still not a fan of the hightop/joggers thing, but I don't think Augusta would have told him to not wear them, although it certainly wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility. I really feel like he doesn't perform as well in them as opposed to what he has on script next week, and I think his choice to ditch the high tops for the first major is an indication of that.

Wonder if he'll pull an audible.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Guess he got tired of looking effing stupid. I can see how high tops might be benificial but the sweatpant look was a total fail.

Those Friday pants, tho. I can't tell if they are black, brown, purple or dark blue. But I would love to see them in person! Imagine the wardrobe options!!

I'm not surprised. I'm curious to know if it was a Rickie/Puma decision to stay more conventional in style out of respect or if it was a Masters "suggestion". IMO what we know about Rickie and the little bit we talked about him with TO last year it wouldn't be a surprise if it was his decision to not draw the attention/scrutiny and have the respect for two course,club,tournament

Precisely what I was thinking or curious about.

Precisely what I was thinking or curious about.
Or maybe it was a Rickie decision to keep the focus on the tourney and the golf being played and not about him wearing hi-tops and joggers.

I want a golf focused Rickie at Augusta. I want him to play well.

I'm not surprised. I'm curious to know if it was a Rickie/Puma decision to stay more conventional in style out of respect or if it was a Masters "suggestion". IMO what we know about Rickie and the little bit we talked about him with TO last year it wouldn't be a surprise if it was his decision to not draw the attention/scrutiny and have the respect for two course,club,tournament

TO did go on and on about Rickie Fowler's attitude on that kind of stuff. I was really impressed by the stories he told about RF.

I still find it amazing that the companies actually PICK OUT the outfits for them for the entire week. Are they not capable of dressing themselves? I know they PAY them with endorsements and all but still.

I really like his scripting for this. I would wear all of it. Really glad to see the hi-tops are gone!

Personal opinion but I think he looks like a fool in those tight pegged pants and high-tops. Can't stand the look at all. Though I'm sure some would probably say the same for me on the course not tucking in my shirt!

I hope he continues with this trend beyond the Masters...

I still find it amazing that the companies actually PICK OUT the outfits for them for the entire week. Are they not capable of dressing themselves? I know they PAY them with endorsements and all but still.

If I were paying him what Cobra's paying him to wear their stuff I'd be really picky about what he wore too. They're all walking billboards, but I'm also sure he had plenty of input.

These pants are god awful
2974578835e688df6cebe63e4f213edb.jpg

How much say to the players actually have in scripting anyway? Are they given options and choose from them, or is it "here you wear this this week."

Back