Aldila Rogue Black 130 MSI Shaft

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I posted the news in the Silver thread, before hearing more info on it from the tour. Phil Mickelson is testing out the prototype of what is this shaft currently. We know the Silver is well liked by THPers. Apparently Lefty tested out this shaft at ECPC and liked what he saw in eliminating a miss. If he puts it in play, I think you will hear a lot more about this one sooner, rather than later.

I posted the news in the Silver thread, before hearing more info on it from the tour. Phil Mickelson is testing out the prototype of what is this shaft currently. We know the Silver is well liked by THPers. Apparently Lefty tested out this shaft at ECPC and liked what he saw in eliminating a miss. If he puts it in play, I think you will hear a lot more about this one sooner, rather than later.

Which miss? The big block to the left? Did they say?

• Admin
Which miss? The big block to the left? Did they say?

Actually yes. That is the miss and what I was told is he likes the way the shaft aligns with squaring of the head.

Big fan of the Rogue Silver, very interesting

Bit of a bold play to make an equipment change possibly before a major championship, but it’s never stopped him before.

Did he go shorter, or longer than his standard?

Bit of a bold play to make an equipment change possibly before a major championship, but it’s never stopped him before.

Was going to say, that's Phil never afraid to experiment

Interesting that Phil likes this shaft so much that he’s willing to switch to it right before a Major... Gerritt (Phil and JDax’s Fitter at the ECPC) must have really liked what they saw...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin

I believe he is playing it right at 45".

Actually yes. That is the miss and what I was told is he likes the way the shaft aligns with squaring of the head.

that is really interesting to me.

I don't have a proto, but I do have the 130 from the testing we completed on the forum last year. I think it needs another look.

Aldila Rogue Black 130 MSI Shaft

This has me wondering how well this shaft will work in the 785 Driver.

iirc the black was supposed to be the more active tip, and the silver the more firm tip. is that correct? if so, it sounds like lefty is able to get this to turn over, instead of hanging it out to the left.

iirc the black was supposed to be the more active tip, and the silver the more firm tip. is that correct? if so, it sounds like lefty is able to get this to turn over, instead of hanging it out to the left.

That is correct. Certainly not a spinny shaft, but the Silver was pretty darn firm for me.
Be interesting to see if/when this shaft comes to market (I do not have that info yet).

Oh man If thats the case I may need to give this one a good look. Lately I've been hanging everything out to the right and only with the driver

This bad boy is going to get some more play time I think. I’m thinking it would be a bit of a hammer in a flash sub zero.

d9d46f845ff49a4d69fa7b2d4a5dbbaa.jpg

So if your miss with the driver is left of Nikita Khrushchev, this shaft probably won’t help that, right?

How does this compare to something like the Tensei Blue?

Oh man If thats the case I may need to give this one a good look. Lately I've been hanging everything out to the right and only with the driver

given what you're currently gaming, i doubt the shaft would help that. maybe someone smarter than i am will tell you otherwise, but it's not like you're gaming an extremely tip-stiff shaft now (assuming your signature with even flow blue is accurate).

the problem is there are no axioms when it comes to shafts. one guy leaves soft tip out to the right because he can't get the head to catch up, another guy hooks it off the planet. it gets old saying it but it's true: the only way to know is to go test it yourself.

How does this compare to something like the Tensei Blue?

I would say ball flight wise, speculation is that they would be similar. Mid flight, low to mid spin.

given what you're currently gaming, i doubt the shaft would help that. maybe someone smarter than i am will tell you otherwise, but it's not like you're gaming an extremely tip-stiff shaft now (assuming your signature with even flow blue is accurate).

the problem is there are no axioms when it comes to shafts. one guy leaves soft tip out to the right because he can't get the head to catch up, another guy hooks it off the planet. it gets old saying it but it's true: the only way to know is to go test it yourself.

So your saying I'm hopeless? Great. :alien: A guy can dream can't he haha! Just like many others I'm always looking for that magic whether it be a shaft, grip or anything else that could help, definitely worth a look but definitely curious for more info to roll out.

So your saying I'm hopeless? Great. :alien: A guy can dream can't he haha! Just like many others I'm always looking for that magic whether it be a shaft, grip or anything else that could help, definitely worth a look but definitely curious for more info to roll out.

Im with you there.

This is interesting stuff! I’ve had my eye on the 130 Silver and just got a used 110 for testing. Gotta love Phil for doung a swap now though eh? Says lots about his trust in the shaft.

Man this is great news. I freaking LOVED the old Tour Issue Rogue Black 110msi and to this day I think it's the most accurate shaft I've ever gamed.
It's probably not safe to assume this shaft will play anything like that one...but I will anyways.

Man this is great news. I freaking LOVED the old Tour Issue Rogue Black 110msi and to this day I think it's the most accurate shaft I've ever gamed.
It's probably not safe to assume this shaft will play anything like that one...but I will anyways.

Same, dude. I still have a Rogue in play (and will add one when I get the 130 back in play soon).

For the longest time, an 85x hybrid shaft has been my go-to for UT.

Same, dude. I still have a Rogue in play (and will add one when I get the 130 back in play soon).

For the longest time, an 85x hybrid shaft has been my go-to for UT.

I have liked the hybrid shaft a lot.

Back