Rory Skipping The Par 3 Contest

It doesnt bother me at all. This is a major that has eluded him & whatever he feels necessary to prepare i'm not going to question it. Plenty of star power out there for the fans to enjoy on Wednesday.

With all of the rules that Augusta has, you think playing in this would be mandatory for Masters participants. Personally, I think playing in the par-3 is the proper thing to do. But, I don't care if a player chooses not to.

The event used to mean something and guys started skipping it. Now it seems like a side event that doesn't mean much. So I am not really phased by him not playing. I don't think the few hours he doesn't play will make a difference in his play. But I respect his choice not to play.

Don't care if he skips it. I would rather see him mentally ready for Thursday.

I just read the article. I think its funny that he thinks it's too much distraction, yet chose a pop star as his caddie last year, and his tennis star GF the year before.

I still don't have a problem with it, but maybe it's a distraction because you make it a distraction.

It would be nice to see more of the big names participate but I don't have any issues with him skipping it.

Doesn't really bother me. I can't see how not working on 9 wedge shots couldn't help your game some but what do I know.

Can I volunteer as tribute in his place for the par 3? :angel:

I will add too that if i was a fan in attendance i would rather watch Rory play a practice round than the par 3 contest. I could get a lot closer and see better action than i could fighting the crowds to see a par 3. Par 3s are the toughest to get good views in person

I will add too that if i was a fan in attendance i would rather watch Rory play a practice round than the par 3 contest. I could get a lot closer and see better action than i could fighting the crowds to see a par 3. Par 3s are the toughest to get good views in person

It's really hard to get close, but the Par 3 course is pretty compact, so its pretty cool being able to watch most of the action from one spot.

I'm sure he is aware of the superstition that whomever wins the Par 3 rarely ever wins the Tournament.

It's really hard to get close, but the Par 3 course is pretty compact, so its pretty cool being able to watch most of the action from one spot.
Ya. I guess im just a bigger fan of bouncing around to different parts of the course and maybe following a good group for a couple holes or something. Unless it was a par 3 where the pin was in a perfect location where we may see a few HIOs

Not a big deal to me.

Has anyone won the par 3 and the green jacket in the same week?

I think based on the last two years, and his caddie choices, and the buzz surrounding that, he felt this would be a good year to skip ... damn if you do, and damn if you don't.

I don't care, I just want the guy ready on Thursday, because that is what his job is really about.

Ya. I guess im just a bigger fan of bouncing around to different parts of the course and maybe following a good group for a couple holes or something. Unless it was a par 3 where the pin was in a perfect location where we may see a few HIOs

I get it, the year I went I roamed the course all morning, then went back to the par 3 contest for about an hour, before heading back to the course to roam.
Not a big deal to me.

Has anyone won the par 3 and the green jacket in the same week?

Nope

I get it, the year I went I roamed the course all morning, then went back to the par 3 contest for about an hour, before heading back to the course to roam.

Nope

Well then maybe he's just superstitious. Smart play if he wants the green jacket.

Weak sauce by Rory. The Masters is different. This is part of the event. He kind of comes off as a prima-donna to me for skipping it.

Anybody else and it isn't an issue but because it is Rory it makes the headlines

Personally I don't have any issue with it but I think whatever decision he makes someone will not be happy about it

I personally don't think this matters. Yes the par 3 is fun to watch but really doesn't matter.

Total non-issue. Had it not been announced, and he didn't win, I never would've known if he did or didn't play.

If it was televised then yes, it would be an issue - more of an issue for patrons going to watch this event IMO

If it was televised then yes, it would be an issue - more of an issue for patrons going to watch this event IMO

It is televised, is it not?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's pretty much a non-event to me. I can't imagine wanting to skip it because it seems like all the guys have a blast, but I don't think that not having him there will really take away from it either.

Doesn't matter. I think this is an event for the parents in the group. always fun to see the kids

Back