Lydia Ko Parts with Another Coach

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Fresh off the heels of an update to the previous thread about whether or not she can return to greatness, Ko has parted ways with Swing Coach Ted Oh. She left Guy Wilson after turning professional. Then Leadbetter and Gilchrist. Oh came in last year and after the ANA, they have parted ways. She has asked Sean Foley to take a look, which is kind of interesting, because her quote on Golf Channel was that she wanted somebody to keep it simple.

It is always very interesting to me when this happens. Is she searching for something? Is she a complete headcase?

It is always very interesting to me when this happens. Is she searching for something? Is she a complete headcase?

Certainly has turned into one. It doesn’t ever seem to be her fault, it has to be the swing coach or caddie’s.

Fresh off the heels of an update to the previous thread about whether or not she can return to greatness, Ko has parted ways with Swing Coach Ted Oh. She left Guy Wilson after turning professional. Then Leadbetter and Gilchrist. Oh came in last year and after the ANA, they have parted ways. She has asked Sean Foley to take a look, which is kind of interesting, because her quote on Golf Channel was that she wanted somebody to keep it simple.

Maybe Butch or Claude Harmon would be a good fit?

She's gone. It seems like she's either in her own head with her swing or her family is still putting pressure on her to make changes.

It's always someone else's fault when you're playing bad

• Admin
Maybe Butch or Claude Harmon would be a good fit?

I actually thought CH would be a really good fit with her.
I often wonder if some coaches want to take it on knowing the history (fair or unfair).

Oh boy.

I mean, I hope she can find what she needs to get back to form.

After dumping so many coaches, what coach would really want to work with her? Unless they want to be the one who takes her back to greatness and add that to their resume'

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

She's gone. It seems like she's either in her own head with her swing or her family is still putting pressure on her to make changes.

Personally, I think Leadbetter screwed her up with his A-swing crap. Unfortunately, I think Shawn Foley isn't likely to get her fixed either.

She seems to always be changing something or another. Maybe a return to her team from back in her glory years is what is needed.

I think she is hard to deal with and the coaches give up on her.

Between this and the caddies it really makes you wonder. It always baffles me why people make drastic changes when they are already at the top. At this point I would be looking to go back to what I was doing at that time.

I can think of a PGA tour player right now that needs to ditch his coach......................:pissed-off:

Between this and the caddies it really makes you wonder. It always baffles me why people make drastic changes when they are already at the top. At this point I would be looking to go back to what I was doing at that time.
I wish she would go back to switching caddies. It seemed like she won more then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

One of the former coaches mentioned in the OP told me directly that she has the worst parents in sports history. it's a toxic working relationship and I'd be shocked if there's a coach anywhere that can deal with that.

If she runs out of options, I'm up for the task. But CH seems like a decent fit.

One of the former coaches mentioned in the OP told me directly that she has the worst parents in sports history. it's a toxic working relationship and I'd be shocked if there's a coach anywhere that can deal with that.

I think we talked to the same coach. An interesting twist is as of a month ago or so ago, I was told the player is not as easy as it used to be either. Could be sour grapes, could be true, who knows. I know most have said it was "dad", but someone close to the situation, told me last year it was "mom".

They were discussing Ko earlier on the PGA Professional Championship broadcast. One guy said he wished she'd stop changing things so often, and Kaye Cockerill said something about it not always being Ko's choice with these changes.

This tournament is the one she won last year. I wonder if we see some magic this week again?

It was her lone win last year.

They were discussing Ko earlier on the PGA Professional Championship broadcast. One guy said he wished she'd stop changing things so often, and Kaye Cockerill said something about it not always being Ko's choice with these changes.
That's nuts, if true. Cut that cancer out of your life.

I’m ready to put the ‘done’ stamp on Ko and her major winning ways. It was fun while it lasted I guess, what a shame.

I’m ready to put the ‘done’ stamp on Ko and her major winning ways. It was fun while it lasted I guess, what a shame.
Yeah I think you are right and that sucks. I thought she was going to be great for the sport. Womens golf has had rough luck with Wie, Lexi, and now Ko.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Starting to become comical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think her best coach was her first Guy wilson, she was winning at the start while he was still there but since then she hasnt been the same.

Back