What is your shaft flex?

What is your shaft flex?

• Total voters

Just_Hacking

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I thought it would be interesting to see what shaft flex the majority of THPers play. I am a regular flex, but can play a stiff if I need to.

Last edited:
Regular for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally stiff, but it depends. My iron shafts are stiff but soft stepped, and my custom PX plays to somewhere between R and S.

I seem to be perpetually on the line between Reg and Stiff. I usually go stiff in graphite and reg in steel.

Solidly in the stiff category for me, I think.

X per my fitting at the ECPC. Surprised me.

X in driver and 3 wood, S in everything else.

I play a stiff shaft at around 65g. I have the swing speed to game an X flex but i need the smoother bend profile that the stiff can provide. I very much have the opposite of an aggressive transition.

I've got a mix of R and S in the bag.

Stiff across the board. I would like to check out a driver shaft with more substance but have yet to find a local demo with anything beyond stiff. My one and only fitting was only for iron shaft length and lie.

I tend to have a mix, right now it's more stiff flex than regular. Going between the two doesn't make much of a difference to me.

I tend to have a mix, right now it's more stiff flex than regular. Going between the two doesn't make much of a difference to me.

I'm pretty much the same. My fitting put me in S, so as I actually buy the things I've been fit for, I'm moving more towards stiff, but like you said I don't really notice a huge difference. If you gave me a shaft with no markings on it I'd probably guess wrong half of the time.

Mostly stiff but I will play X in some cases.

Mix between stiff and regular

Stiff for all my clubs.

Stiff in my woods and wedges, regular in my irons.

Stiff in the woods, regular in the irons.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Stiff for me.

Stiff flex for me.

I play a mix of stiff and regular flex

X Stiff for every club in the bag.

X in my driver, stiff in my irons. I bounced around with reg in my irons for a while, but love the ball flight with the stiffer flex

i'm usually right on the border. as i try to build more speed into my swing i've gone stiff all the way around and haven't looked back. i would think as i get older i might gravitate back toward regular.

Fitted for regular on the irons and mini 1.5 but stiff flex for my driver.

X-tra manly flex in woods, irons, and wedges.

Back