N.E Missouri / W Illinois THP Outing & Live Update Thread

2BFAST

Wiener Dog
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending..
THP Community! Friday May 10th & Saturday May 11th Topper7073 and myself are hosting three fellow THPers for a fun two days of golf, competition, smack talk, and a whole lot more. We will be bringing you the action during the rounds, some first tee and action videos, and much more! We will be playing three different rounds with a competition for each round and will be offering prize packs for each individual round. We want you to follow along, make your picks for each round, and if you pick the winner of the round I will send you the random prize pack for that round! I will post when the cut off for each competition is and tie breakers will randomly be picked.

Info on the participants and handicaps are:

2BFAST - 11.3 - Averages 250 +- off the tee battling some inconsistency. Has consulted a swing coach recently which has greatly increased ball striking and iron play. Has been putting well this year so far. Short game is usually on point.
PETE379 - 9 - Averages 300 +- off the tee and creates a lot of power & speed. Has new irons in the bag this year which is still getting used to. Hasnt had a whole lot of time on the course this year so far due to busy season for work. Generally a good ball striker and can generally work a ball when needed. Short game can be spotty due to his power and speed but still does well. Says he is putting well so far this year which leads to high confidence on the greens
KCSmitty - 17 - Averages 275+- off the tee but is battling some inconsistency due to lack of play. A recently new driver in the bag more fitted to him has helped with confidence and consistency. Also has a new putter in the bag that is bleeding some confidence in but 3 putts can lurk around the corner anytime for him right now. Keeping it simple around the greens has saved some big numbers but also unrewarding when something creative is needed.
Snickerdog - 5.5 - Averages 230 +- off the tee and has been hitting many fairways this year so far. Well above average ball striker and iron play is usually very well also. Usually doesnt make big numbers because of his consistency. Will be playing about 500 yards +- longer than he usually plays during his average rounds.
Topper7073 - +4 - Averages 285 +- off the tee and is very consistent missing very little fairways. Iron play is stellar and is playing new CB irons this year. His handicap speaks for itself. He usually has the disadvantage in competitions like this because of how many strokes he usually has to give but has the ability to go very low.

Friday Venue and Competition:

Venue:

a045ef3f0cedb3e53392f81609971928.jpg

Par 72 / 6459 Yards / 70.3 Rating / 120 Slope

Norwoods GC is a great 18 hole public layout in Hannibal, MO with blue/rye fairways and bent greens. Its a course that allows for opportunity to be aggressive off the tee on some yet will test your shot making abilities on others. With many elevation changes, wide open holes, and holes that wind through the trees its a course that allows for low scores and also big numbers. One can be aggressive into the greens here as they are usually receptive and arent too undulating.

**Friday Competition**

Fridays competition will be handicapped individual stroke play with low net score winning (Topper7073 will not be able to make this round)

2BFAST is the veteran at this course as its in my hometown. This isnt my regular playing course but I have played many rounds here shooting my personal best of 77 to a smooth 95 before.
PETE379 has experienced this course last fall and if I remember right shot mid 80's I believe.
KCSmitty is a first timer at this venue.

Snickerdog is a first timer here also

------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday Venue and Competition:

Venue:

78e98ed5342fafd9d3914bfab7ea6e99.jpg

Par 72 6408 Yards 70.2 Rating 112 Slope
Spring Lake Country Club is fantastic well manicured private 18 hole course in Quincy, IL with bent grass fairways, rough, and greens. State of the art irrigation system and unlimited water supply help keep this place in stellar condition. Greens for new comers can be very challenging to read and will make one scratch their head at times. They are also receptive but generally run faster than Norwoods GC. Knowing your misses on this course is crucial. Creating high scores here is very very easy on some holes and can happen on the greens.

**Saturdays Competition**

1st morning round 18 will be handicapped individual stroke play with a low net winner.

2nd afternoon round 18 will be scramble format consisting of teams of:

2BFAST & Snickerdog

PETE379 & KCSmitty

Topper7073 will be playing alone and will get 2 shots playing like a 1 man scramble.

2BFAST is a member at this course and a veteran here and where the majority of my rounds come from. Inconsistencies off the tee has hurt this year. Hitting on in 3 or chipping on for par has killed my handicap here.
PETE379 has experienced 36 holes on this course last fall. His long game is a big advantage here but his spotty short game hurt slightly. He didnt putt well last year, but suspect he will putt much better this year and has experience on the greens.
KCSmitty will be first time at this venue
Snickerdog will also be first time at this venue
Topper7073 is also a member here with 2BFAST and play majority of their rounds together. He has posted rounds as low as 64 here and is the reigning club champion.

This thread will serve as the live thread and discussions leading to the event! We welcome you to join in on the fun leading up to and during and look forward to getting those picks in for the three rounds of competition for fun prize packs!

Last edited:
Let the fun begin!!!!!!

:drinks::golf3:

Gonna be a good time!

Im looking forward to this!!!

Gonna be a good time fellas....cant wait to play at these courses again!

Have Fun! I'll be about an hour from there at my nephew's b-day party (Macomb, IL). Hoping to get out and play that morning at the University Course.

Have Fun! I'll be about an hour from there at my nephew's b-day party (Macomb, IL). Hoping to get out and play that morning at the University Course.

Heard about that course.

Iv played there, it was pretty decent

Heard about that course.

Iv played there, it was pretty decent

If you guys happen to do this again hit me up, I'm on the Chicago-Quincy train route plus my inlaws live in Macomb (I went to college there and lived there for a while after college) so we spend quite a bit of time in that area. I look forward to following along.

If you guys happen to do this again hit me up, I'm on the Chicago-Quincy train route plus my inlaws live in Macomb (I went to college there and lived there for a while after college) so we spend quite a bit of time in that area. I look forward to following along.

Yeah man, will do. Anytime you think you can make it down this way holler and you are always welcome at the club

We could get quite a few Northern Illinois THPers over for a big crowd there.

What is gonna hurt me a bit is the 6 hour drive on Friday morning to get there by 11 to be ready to golf at noon. I will be ready to whoop up on you kids though.

What is gonna hurt me a bit is the 6 hour drive on Friday morning to get there by 11 to be ready to golf at noon. I will be ready to whoop up on you kids though.

G’z grandpa, you gonna do 55 the whole way here? I can make it to Randy’s door in 4 1/2 flat

Won't be too far ahead of you!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

G’z grandpa, you gonna do 55 the whole way here? I can make it to Randy’s door in 4 1/2 flat

It's another hour from Wamego to my place so ya, it will be a while.

I thought it was only a 1/2 hour

I'm a 1/2 hour south of interstate to Junction City, then 20 minutes to Manhattan and another 15 to Wamego. But if you know a shorter faster way I'm all for it!!!!
I will make it fine, I play better when tired anyway.

If you were riding with me I would get you there and back hot. @KCSmitty....better strap in!

If you were riding with me I would get you there and back hot. @KCSmitty....better strap in!
LET'S GO!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

got 18 in last night after work, tore up the front with 39 and fell apart on the back with 43. Got a bit of work to do before next weekend.

It would be fun to have an eastern Missouri Vs Western Missouri match in Columbia. Couple of good courses around that way.

It would be fun to have an eastern Missouri Vs Western Missouri match in Columbia. Couple of good courses around that way.

That would be fun. Our club is a reciprocal club with Columbia CC so might be able to there....

I have been to Old Hawthorne but I don't have any pull there to possibly pull that off.....

Everyone must be pondering there picks, either that or they really think we suck!!! :bulgy-eyes:

Round # 1 - Snickerdog
Round # 2 - 2BFast
Round #3 - Topper7073

Back