Android Phone Thread

Don't drop it, according to SquareTrade they are less durable on the drop test and more easily bent than the iPhone 6S.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/1349...samsung-galaxy-s7.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO
Hopefully that won't be an issue. I'm usually pretty safe with my phone. So far the battery life on the s7 edge is awesome. Took it off the charger about midnight lastnight with decent amount of use since 7 this morning and I'm at 61%.

I will take any recommendations for apps that I might not know about.

My PRIV won't come out of safe mode. I did a factory reset and still no luck. Any ideas?

My PRIV won't come out of safe mode. I did a factory reset and still no luck. Any ideas?
Completely wiped it and wont go out of Safe mode?

Completely wiped it and wont go out of Safe mode?

Exactly. I have had the phone for less than 3 days. Not even sure how it got into safe mode in the first place.

Exactly. I have had the phone for less than 3 days. Not even sure how it got into safe mode in the first place.
Hmm...

Give me a second.. Need to hit the nerd forums for a minute.

Have you tried a hard reset vs a factory reset? With the Priv on, hold the power button til it turns off, keep holding until it reboots?

Perhaps, any apps recently installed you can delete while in safe mood then reboot as well?

Have you tried a hard reset vs a factory reset? With the Priv on, hold the power button til it turns off, keep holding until it reboots?

Yep, multiple times. Still in safe mode.

Perhaps, any apps recently installed you can delete while in safe mood then reboot as well?

I deleted all apps I installed that I am aware of. Still no dice.

I deleted all apps I installed that I am aware of. Still no dice.
Ok, restart phone and hold the menu button when rebooting. See if that gives you a menu to pop up to boot normally.

Two options should come up, 1. Boot in safe mode. 2. Reset. Click reset to turn off safe mode and boot normally.

Im going to keep reading though.

Menu button? Does that go by another name? I am such a novice.

Menu button? Does that go by another name? I am such a novice.
Hold the power button and volume down button and let it restart. Tell me what you see on the screen during that process and after.

No change.

Wait.

I tried it again, got an error message. It then rebooted and seems to be fine with safe mode now off. Thanks for the help.

Power the phone down. Then when restarting it, hold the power button and volume down button at the same time to bring you to the android boot menu.

If that doesnt work, power down, the hold power button and the volume up button to bring you to the android boot menu.

I tried it again, got an error message. It then rebooted and seems to be fine with safe mode now off. Thanks for the help.
Ok, good stuff.

When I used to root my android phones, I would often get stuck in boot loop. Apparently they changed how to access the boot menu. It's easier to access it when powering the device on vs powering the device on now.

Hope its working ok now.

I am trying a new mail app today since Blue Mail has been having issues. It would tell me I have emails, but they wouldn't come through. It's like they were stuck on the server or something. They would show in Outlook, but not my phone.

I am trying TypeApp, although so far it looks EXACTLY like Blue Mail. I got my THP email on there with no issues, but Gmail is taking forever to create the account. Why does technology hate me so much?

Really contemplating the Project Fi service. Love that they refund whatever you don't use in terms of data for the month. A friend of mine has it with the Nexus 6p and he loves it. Gotta figure out what I want to do because I need to get a new phone as my HTC one is having issues after about 2.5 years. Looked at all the phones at Verizon today and there's so many to choose from it makes my head spin.

Really contemplating the Project Fi service. Love that they refund whatever you don't use in terms of data for the month. A friend of mine has it with the Nexus 6p and he loves it. Gotta figure out what I want to do because I need to get a new phone as my HTC one is having issues after about 2.5 years. Looked at all the phones at Verizon today and there's so many to choose from it makes my head spin.
Do it. You won't regret it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Think I'm pulling the trigger on a Galaxy S7 tomorrow.

I haven't been a Samsung fan, but its tough to walk away from one of the better phones out right now for $75 net ($200 w/2yr contract and $125 costco rebate gift card).

Think I'm pulling the trigger on a Galaxy S7 tomorrow.

I haven't been a Samsung fan, but its tough to walk away from one of the better phones out right now for $75 net ($200 w/2yr contract and $125 costco rebate gift card).

I'm kicking around the idea of ditching my iPhone 6S for a Galaxy S7. Interested to hear what you think of it!

Back