Current Driver & Shaft

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Question for THPers, is your current driver and shaft combo that you are playing fit for you? If so what was involved in the fitting?

Thanks.

Question for THPers, is your current driver and shaft combo that you are playing fit for you? If so what was involved in the fitting?

Thanks.
No fitting involved with mine. My last driver fitting was for the d200

Yes, fit for me at the ECPC during #TheGrandaddy. Thanks :thp:

The fitter only needed to see a few swings and was able to recommend a shaft. When that shaft was installed the results were dramatically improved and the ball flight and numbers were right where we wanted them.

Was not fitted for my current driver. I'm looking to change that and plan on getting fitted for a new driver.

No. But FlightScope and the eye test have shown it is the best combo for me that I have tried. Would love to go through a full driving fitting. Just do not have the availability of that anywhere near me.

D200 fit by Duffy Callahan himself. The GBB i'm experimenting with is not fitted.

I have never been through a fitting but something that will happen eventually!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope. only been through one head+shaft fitting, and my swing changed a good bit after that so never did buy it. now it's just buying stuff hoping it works. not the best plan, but i like what i have right now.

I have never been fitted for a driver, let alone any club. One of the other things I would like to do this year is get a full bag fitting.

I was not fitted for my current driver, but did demo it and dial in the weight and head adjustments on the simulator prior to purchasing.

I am not. Just went away from the shaft that was fitted for me at the ECPC.

I was not fitted for my current driver. Kind of went though a trial and error period to find the right shaft for my driver. I would like to be fitted to see what my exact specs would be.

No. It was not fit. I had an idea what lofts work for me with that driver head profile. I had an idea what shaft I would like at the no charge upgrade.

Yes. I had a fitting with my instructor on an outdoor Trackman. I tried several drivers, eliminating some based on feel and others on results. I tried some of the ones that made the cut in different shafts. We eventually narrowed it down to one driver. We then fine tuned shaft and loft settings to optimize results.

Last edited:
My K15 Senior flex driver was fitted for me at Golf Galaxy about 4-5 years ago. I had tried about 6 drivers in regular and senior flex and this one proved the best at that time on the monitor. I recently put some lead tape under the sole of the driver and can now feel the head better. Increased my drive by abut 10-15 yards due to hitting closer to or on the sweet spot now.

I was fit based on old numbers from the same guy on Trackman!

Yep, my M2 Hzrdus combo was fit for me. We used a GC2 without HMT so we were mainly looking at ball speed, launch, spin, dispersion.

At a previous date I had already narrowed down my head options and was set on the M2.

First we worked on loft. The fitter seemed determined to fit me into a 10.5 head but I flat out refused and wanted the 13* HL head for mental reasons. Once I hit that the fitter was on board because the launch went up nicely but spin didn't go up too much, but was now higher than we wanted. We used shaft choice to bring spin back down and find a feel that I liked.

Soon-to-be driver is the XR16 with the Fubuki ZT 60 shaft.

The XR w/ the same shaft combo was what I got fit into last year (but the results weren't a TON better than I was seeing with my Big Bertha), and when I tried out a few shafts with the XR16, it was the best fit for me in terms of making consistent contact. The difference was that the ball speed on mishits was far better with the XR16 than my current setup. I actually saw great ballspeed with the stock setup, but flight/spin was a bit high. The ZT knocks it down just a little.

Yes. The fitting was more about which stock head/shaft combo to go with and which loft setting to use.

Nope. I wanted a G30 because of it's reputation as one of the most forgiving drivers on the market.

I did hit both the stock TFC and Tour 65 shafts on a launch monitor before deciding to go with the tour shaft.

I'd love to go through a fitting, especially for a shaft, but there aren't any near by places that I'm aware of with a large number of options.

Sadly I could not get fitted, and i believe my current shaft is to spinny for my liking. I am currently in the market for a new shaft.

Not officially, no. But what I play now I fit for myself based on the results of past fittings. I know the bend profile that fits my swing so I stay right in that wheelhouse when making any changes.

Yes, was fitted for my Callaway GBB at Close House

All done using Flightscope, first thing the fitter did was get baseline numbers with my current driver before trying various heads

Once the head was decided we worked through a couple of shafts but to be honest I ended up with the first shaft that he originally set the club up with

Playing the I25 with the tour stiff tfc189. It wasn't fit but gave me the best numbers when I tried out a bunch in Trackman.

Driver 1 - Fitted at WS at the #PersonalDistance event
Driver 2 - not "fitted", but custom shaft courtesy of #TheHandCraftedExperience
Driver 3, 4 - not fitted, but seemed to have good results on course. Never hit on a monitor.

Back