These were shot with the device. When playing, make sure your quality is set to 4k and blow it up to full screen. Its freaking crazy how good it is.

The first one is walking around a friend's front yard as the sun went down and you see despite the steps how steady it is. Try that with a camera and see how shaky it goes and how visible the steps are as comparison.

This was taken driving down a really bumpy road going about 40. The base was being held on the window sill and was bumping around like crazy. Disregard the sound, its awful with the wind.

That is absolutely insane. Are you sure you were only doing 40?

That is absolutely insane. Are you sure you were only doing 40?

Positive.
When you have it set at 4k and blow it up to full screen it looks crazy good.

Those videos are kind of crisp! Felt like I was on a walk with a commercial grade 4K camera. The images really do come to life

Positive.
When you have it set at 4k and blow it up to full screen it looks crazy good.

That footage is pretty awesome. Very very crisp. How is the sound in a normal environment?

That footage is pretty awesome. Very very crisp. How is the sound in a normal environment?

Average to below average. Similar to most action type of cameras.

Average to below average. Similar to most action type of cameras.

Figured. Thanks for bringing the info Josh!

That's pretty cool Josh. Looks like it could be a game changer for many amateur to more experienced video buffs for sure.

Those videos are kind of crisp! Felt like I was on a walk with a commercial grade 4K camera. The images really do come to life

Yeah its something that I think is really going to work for us for B roll and alternative shots.

Image stabilization of those videos is superb. Having used just about every Go Pro and even the new Garmin Virbs, nothing seems to be as stable as what those videos show.

Image stabilization of those videos is superb. Having used just about every Go Pro and even the new Garmin Virbs, nothing seems to be as stable as what those videos show.

Agreed. The good news is that if one is tied into those cameras, you can get a gimbal for them.

So I am messing around with the uses and external mics for interview capabilities and really think while cumbersome, connecting the Zoom H4N to this device as an external mic recorder could work.

Spare battery ordered.

So I am messing around with the uses and external mics for interview capabilities and really think while cumbersome, connecting the Zoom H4N to this device as an external mic recorder could work.
I like hearing that. BTW the test footage was really good. So clear and stable.

How long is the battery life on this?

About an hour. Less if using 4K and tons of movement.

I like hearing that. BTW the test footage was really good. So clear and stable.

The only major hurdle is battery life and how many would be needed for something like the PGA Show. However spares are not that expensive, and for B Roll and other avenues, it could be an absolute game changer.

Oooof at the battery life. But yeah for B Roll or some quick hit stuff it could be really good.

Oooof at the battery life. But yeah for B Roll or some quick hit stuff it could be really good.

And of course on the trips when shooting on the move could be incredible.
Demo Day walking the circle too.

And of course on the trips when shooting on the move could be incredible.
Demo Day walking the circle too.
Would certainly work well at demo day, just remember 1 battery per trip around the oval. I think it's going to come in handy with all the stuff planned going forward.

How big is it to travel with? Does it fit in that camera backpack case?

Would certainly work well at demo day, just remember 1 battery per trip around the oval. I think it's going to come in handy with all the stuff planned going forward.

How big is it to travel with? Does it fit in that camera backpack case?

Yes, it would definitely fit. It comes in its own case pictured above. With some restructuring, I could fit all I need in our camera case. The question I have now is that I have our Canon 70D and our Sony NXCAM and this. I would like to consolidate the other two into one I think. Either trade both in for one device or sell both and buy one.

About an hour. Less if using 4K and tons of movement.

The only major hurdle is battery life and how many would be needed for something like the PGA Show. However spares are not that expensive, and for B Roll and other avenues, it could be an absolute game changer.

thats not a lot of battery life? But depending on what one is trying to accomplish with the camera with a couple backups it's ok.

Spare battery and some MicroSD cards arrived. Picked up two 32GB cards for it to go along with the 16GB it came with and a couple of other 16s I had already. That should give me plenty for it and the Drone.

Bringing Osmo out to course tomorrow to play with THPers. Not sure how much I can get while playing, but should be fun.

Used it today a few times out on the course with the guys. Uploading an 18gb file right now to YouTube.

Just got the chance to watch the videos. Those were crazy sharp. And that was viewing on my phone. I can't wait to see what A THP event will look like with this camera.
You bringing this out this weekend?

Back