Tour Edge SphereTac Putter Grip

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Tour Edge announces the launch of their new SphereTac oversized putter grip, featuring the one-of-a-kind SphereTac polymer spheres.

The grip utilizes a never-before manufactured thermal plastic that is born from an advanced manufacturing process called Thermal Plastic Suspension Polymerization, or T.P.S.P.

The T.P.S.P. manufacturing process uses mechanical agitation to mix a monomer with a liquid, forcing the monomer to polymerize and form perfectly aligned spheres of polymer.

spheretac.jpg

The SphereTac polymer spheres form into white dots sitting on a black thermal plastic base on the grip, ensuring extreme tackiness and protecting the grip and its cohesive stickiness from all elements and wear and tear.

The extremely lightweight technology allows for total grip weight of only 52 grams to maximize feel and control of the putter head throughout the stroke.

“This is a new extremely tacky material that we’ve started perfecting that is similar to the technology used in wide receiver’s gloves in the NFL,” said Tour Edge President and Master Designer David Glod. “It has been a huge hit!”

The new jumbo putter grip is available nationwide as of May 1st.

The oversized SphereTac grip provides a jumbo grip that prevents the golfer’s wrists from breaking down during the putting motion. This minimizes grip pressure and head rotation for a softer touch and putting stroke that is more pure.

“Nobody has used anything quite like this before,” said Tour Edge Vice President of Marketing Jon Claffey. “The closest thing we’ve found in the manufacturing process is the tacky wide receiver gloves. What we really love about it is the tackiness never goes away, even in different weather conditions and over time.”

The SphereTac grip was originally only available on Tour Edge’s new PureFeel Template putter series and the amazing reaction and demand to the grip led Tour Edge to release the grip individually separate from the putter.

“It is nice to have something out there that no one else has ever provided because golfers take notice,” said Claffey. “Once they try it, they say, ‘Wow, I really, really like this.”

Good for Tour Edge, getting a new product out there that they are not known for. The EXS driver is so good especially at the price point and now they are putting out a putter grip? Who saw that coming?

Looks like they are not just fairway woods anymore.

Pretty cool idea to put this in a putter grip. Will be interesting to see how it works out for them.

Wow... sounds interesting. I like the idea of all weather tackiness. We could have used that grip down in SD for Regional Rivalry.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting idea.

When I read “Thermal Plastic Suspension Polymerization,” it was in Wile E. Coyote’s voice.

oversize lightweight super grippy? interesting

Huh. Not at all a release I’d expect out of Tour Edge. Seems there has been some legit research and development put into it though. Just not sure how I feel about it, definitely one of those need to see it in person things.

Initial reaction is 2 things. First it's not attractive at all. Second the little spheres kind of remind me of Rosemark tried a few years back. Tour Edge puts a lot of research into tech though am I'm sure this is no different, will be interesting to see what it looks/feels like in hand

I think it looks and sounds cool. I'd pick it up and check it out if I saw it.

Wide reciever gloves are super tacky. I am curious about this. I wonder if it will help in the heat/humidity of the Southeast in Summer!

Might be way off but it kinda looks like the Flux grip in shape

I like the looks of it.

Back