The Bryson Dechambeau Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dustin Johnson had the line of the week. Bryson and Phil were standing around talking about the physics of downhill putts & putter shaft angles along with a lot of other crap I'm not smart enough to understand. DJ starts laughing and they look at him and he says, I'll see u later, If I hang around u guys much longer I won't be able to break 100' or something close to that. Thought it was pretty funny

Has something changed in the last week I don't know about. The deal is done with Cobra I thought.

I knew he had gone Cobra woods, didn't realize that he went irons as well. Be interested to see how they announce it come him turning pro.

Has something changed in the last week I don't know about. The deal is done with Cobra I thought.

He is still an amateur golfer right now.

Dustin Johnson had the line of the week. Bryson and Phil were standing around talking about the physics of downhill putts & putter shaft angles along with a lot of other crap I'm not smart enough to understand. DJ starts laughing and they look at him and he says, I'll see u later, If I hang around u guys much longer I won't be able to break 100' or something close to that. Thought it was pretty funny

Maybe if Dustin understood downhill putts a little more, he would have a major. :alien:

He is still an amateur golfer right now.
Yes he is but he is no longer worried about the NCAA so he can start talking to agents and or companies with out taking anything yet from them and not break any rules. He also added cobra wedges this week as well.

Yes he is but he is no longer worried about the NCAA so he can start talking to agents and or companies with out taking anything yet from them and not break any rules. He also added cobra wedges this week as well.

why isn't he worried about the ncaa? is he out of school, or is it something to do with smu's sanctions?

why isn't he worried about the ncaa? is he out of school, or is it something to do with smu's sanctions?
He has spent the last 8 months travelling the world playing professional tournaments as an amateur since SMU has a post season ban and he couldn't defend his NCAA title. I don't think he has set foot on campus for 6 months.

I understand that. He is however still an amateur and as such is not sponsored by anybody as of yet.
After the Masters, I am sure we can make his information known.

I found it interesting that he floats a golf ball to find its gravitational center

Hey, I buy into the float factor-expensive balls sink way faster in the water hazards---wait, he's almost a pro and never pays...why does he even bother?

Obviously these are not the new Cobra irons but what a mish-mosh. Are there multiple models of Edel irons in there?

Bryson%2010_0.jpg

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/bryson-dechambeau-named-his-wedges-after-past-masters-champions

Just went and listened to his presser from Augusta yesterday and I'm even more of a fan of his now than I was before the interview. The kid has got something. He's polished with his answers but you can tell he's speaking from the heart. You can tell he's really passionate about his views on golf, the physics behind the game, history of the game and his faith. Enjoyed all 24 minutes of it.

I thought he wasn't playing his new clubs this week, just his wedges?

Listening to Shackhouse podcast and they said he's playing clubs from his new sponsor and that his clothing was scripted by the sponsor as well. That seems a little off for me.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I thought he wasn't playing his new clubs this week, just his wedges?

Listening to Shackhouse podcast and they said he's playing clubs from his new sponsor and that his clothing was scripted by the sponsor as well. That seems a little off for me.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I believe the USGA has very liberal policies on amateurs receiving equipment from OEMs without jeopardizing amateur status.

I believe the USGA has very liberal policies on amateurs receiving equipment from OEMs without jeopardizing amateur status.

Yep, If receiving equipment from OEM's made you ineligible as an amateur that would make several members here into instant pros. lol

I just read a piece where someone predicted he would win this year's Masters. All I can say is that he is getting hyped big time. I look forward to watching him play tomorrow with Spieth. That will be an interesting contrast and comparison. From what I have seen, his approach to golf is very interesting. But I don't know how far he can go with it.

I just read a piece where someone predicted he would win this year's Masters. All I can say is that he is getting hyped big time. I look forward to watching him play tomorrow with Spieth. That will be an interesting contrast and comparison. From what I have seen, his approach to golf is very interesting. But I don't know how far he can go with it.

Is there any truth to the rumor that they are allowing them to tee off Wednesday night so they can finish 18 holes?

If they pair him up with furyk and Bradley... might have to be more like Wednesday morning

Well, he won the NCAA and US Amateur in the same year; 2015. Who else has done that?:
1961 - Jack Nicklaus
1990 - Phil Mickelson
1996 - Tiger Woods
2004 - Ryan Moore

Time will tell, but the writings on the wall is that he'll have a pretty good pro career.

Is there any truth to the rumor that they are allowing them to tee off Wednesday night so they can finish 18 holes?

They should just throw Day in that group, send them out last, and give them headlamps.

I drink coffee in the mornings so I can be alert enough to understand comments like these...

Watching Master's practice this morning, the announcers were counting the number of times Spieth flicks his thumb when standing over the ball. They even did a zoomed in replay and counted. 1 .... 2 ........ 3 ...........4 ... 9 Times! I was yelling at my computer screen for them to stop and show me someone actually hitting a damn golf ball!

If they pair him up with furyk and Bradley... might have to be more like Wednesday morning

They should just throw Day in that group, send them out last, and give them headlamps.

Yeah I think these 2 and Day are slower than Furyk and Bradley by a long shot.

Well, he won the NCAA and US Amateur in the same year; 2015. Who else has done that?:
1961 - Jack Nicklaus
1990 - Phil Mickelson
1996 - Tiger Woods
2004 - Ryan Moore

Time will tell, but the writings on the wall is that he'll have a pretty good pro career.

One of those things is not like the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back