• Yes

Votes: 54 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • It's only acceptable to wear a green plastic visor at a poker table

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
The Visor - acceptable headwear?

I think it was Johnny Miller who said something to the effect of: “show me a golfer with iron covers and I will show you a high handicapper”. I think the reverse is true for visors. Players wear visors.

Last edited:
Im confused as to why it wouldnt be?

I have the same confusion about why people have issues with white belts.

If you can pull it off, go for it.

I voted Yes because I'd be a hypocrite voting No since I used to wear them first playing Golf. Cobra Visor(Ian Poulter style) and push the hair up top.

Anybody who wants to wear that or a Panama Jack looking Titleist hat go for it.

Flat Bill life though now.

I have to go with the thought that if you have hair then it is OK, must be cooler than a ball cap or what I have been reduced to with the wide brim anti skin cancer old man style.

Its acceptable. Visors are kind of out of fashion now though and some dont like them because they dont protect the top of your head from the sun. Ive got a Mizuno visor that I really like but no way could the top of my head take being out in the sun for 4 hours.

I have to go with the thought that if you have hair then it is OK, must be cooler than a ball cap or what I have been reduced to with the wide brim anti skin cancer old man style.
That's why I like them, much cooler on hot days. But I do have plenty of hair

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

If I had a full, thick head of hair, I would. My hair is thinning, and I cut it short. A visor would just be a landing zone to eventual skin cancer.

my #1 choice. open top to let some heat out and and a high crown keeps the brim wide so it doesn't cramp down on my glasses. if someone has a problem with it they can eat a D.

I used to wear one, but the Florida sun beating down on me in August converted me to a baseball cap. I still have most of my hair, so that's not the issue here in the Carolina's. I like a white hat in the summer and a dark one in the cooler part of the year.

I got a visor when I was a kid - Freddie Couples influence - and thought I looked like a total dork in it. So no visor for me.

But if you can rock it; you do you.

I think it's totally acceptable, but I don't think I look good in them so you won't catch me wearing one.

Had to view this topic when I saw the Archer gif on Tapatalk.

BTW, my wife said she’ll divorce me if I wear a visor.

Back