Votes: 15 21.1%
  • It's only acceptable to wear a green plastic visor at a poker table

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Last night I came across my Callaway visor from my first THP event and it got me thinking that I rarely see people wearing visors on the course. It made me wonder, is the visor acceptable headwear on the course or is there a reason that they're hardly worn?

Last night I came across my Callaway visor from my first THP event and it got me thinking that I rarely see people wearing visors on the course. It made me wonder, is the visor acceptable headwear on the course or is there a reason that they're hardly worn?
I'm bald up top and sunburn easy so for me it's a no. I always think Bubba looks odd with his but it's a personal preference thing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wore them when I first started playing like 15 years ago, because I hated hat head. Now I just associate them with Poulter, so big "no" for me.

gotta keep that flow in the wind, yes they are acceptable.

I'm guessing with more people concerned with sun and skin issues you dont see them as much. Also, not everyone can pull off a visor, whether regular or high crown. I myself love them and have a few i rotate for my rounds. it gets hot here in the summer so wearing a hat makes it worse at times.

not my thing, but i've seen some people pull them off very well. so yeah, i think it's acceptable.

High Crown visors for the win! Wish there were more of them to purchase

2cbfc1b7c0112cef8ec645b374ece7db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a fan, prefer to keep as much sun off the head as possible.

I wore them when I first started playing like 15 years ago, because I hated hat head. Now I just associate them with Poulter, so big "no" for me.

Dang it, you had to remind of that Poulter wears one didn't you?!

Dang it, you had to remind of that Poulter wears one didn't you?!

Yeah but so does Luke Donald. Kevin Na has been seen wearing one. There’s a few good apples in there! Lol

Love me some high crown visor.

I used to a long time ago (6-8 years ago maybe), any liked how it looked. Ruins it somehow (probably got bent), and never bought another one. Would consider it again, but I have so many regular hats I don't feel the need to add another to my collection unless it's needed or given as a gift. I think my wife might start the rule that I need to lose one before I buy another one!

I used to a long time ago (6-8 years ago maybe), any liked how it looked. Ruins it somehow (probably got bent), and never bought another one. Would consider it again, but I have so many regular hats I don't feel the need to add another to my collection unless it's needed or given as a gift. I think my wife might start the rule that I need to lose one before I buy another one!

I'm the same way right now. I just ordered a Travis Mathew hat and my wife gave me the old eye roll.

I wear one every now and then. They are absolutely acceptable!

High Crown visors for the win! Wish there were more of them to purchase

2cbfc1b7c0112cef8ec645b374ece7db.jpg

I really want one but my head shape just doesn't pull it off lol.

I wear the high crown all the time, not a fan of the regular visor for whatever reason. I keep a rotation of 9-10 going.

I love visors, and wish I could pull that look off. Mike G & X.Man rock them on the course and pull that look off well. My head shape just doenst jive with the visor look.

I've always liked wearing visors, however, I'm thin on top so I don't wear them anymore. I do have one or two as options though.

I wear the high crown all the time, not a fan of the regular visor for whatever reason. I keep a rotation of 9-10 going.

I'm the opposite, I prefer the standard to the high crowns, I have one high crow, wore it a couple times, but it feels weird to me

I love visors, and wish I could pull that look off. Mike G & X.Man rock them on the course and pull that look off well. My head shape just doenst jive with the visor look.

My struggle is that my head shape doesn't work well with hats. I think I have maybe two that don't make me look like a dufus. Well, more of a dufus than usual anyway.

I've always liked wearing visors, however, I'm thin on top so I don't wear them anymore. I do have one or two as options though.

I'm starting to experience that thinning thing too and it makes me a little cautious to wear one to often.

This is the correct answer, Hi Crown Tour visor or bust.

This may just be at my home course, but I tend to see more ladies wearing a visor than men

I am not a fan of them myself, but my wife has a couple

Yes but not for me due to lack of hair on top. My scalp would not be thanking me after the round.

Never acceptable as are:

Needlepoint belts
Sweater vests
Crocs
Fanny packs
Socks with sandals

I'm sure there are more I'm missing.

Back