April 9th PNW Mini Get Together - Furry Creek Golf Club, BC,

Lol, the day is half over at 9:30!

I get off work at 10pm on the night before! ;)

It will be my first round with my blades, I picked them up today and they're now getting re-shafted!

I get off work at 10pm on the night before! ;)

It will be my first round with my blades, I picked them up today and they're now getting re-shafted!

10pm is nothing. We don't have to be up until 745 to make it up there in time to warm up.

Fill be a tough challenge for the first time out!

I will be using a new putter for the first time though

You could do it in about 2.5 hours I would think. Get up at 6, that's not too early

Hah, leave at six, so up at 5. I may just stay up in bellingham that Friday night and go from there....will have to see what I can work for that.

Hah, leave at six, so up at 5. I may just stay up in bellingham that Friday night and go from there....will have to see what I can work for that.

It is absolutely no problem at all for you to crash at my place Friday night if you'd like bud!

Assuming checkered is down I still have a couch available Friday night :alien:

Dude I would love to. I need to make up for the misery that my golf game Showed last outing. Unfortunatly life is taking over fun right now. I hope something works out so we can get a round in later in the year.

Place looks awesome. Have fun out there.

Dude I would love to. I need to make up for the misery that my golf game Showed last outing. Unfortunatly life is taking over fun right now. I hope something works out so we can get a round in later in the year.

Bummer dude, another time for sure! If you change your mind the couch will still be there

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Golf beats life every time.

Week and a half gents! Anyone able to confirm attendance yet, or do we perhaps have some new faces?

Guys got a question for you all....I will be in Vancouver the 17th-21st, as my wife is working and I am tagging along. Really pondering renting a car and trying to make it out to a course like this.

Does it get heavy play late April? I will be playing during the weekday so maybe that will help, but I am really not sure.

Guys got a question for you all....I will be in Vancouver the 17th-21st, as my wife is working and I am tagging along. Really pondering renting a car and trying to make it out to a course like this.

Does it get heavy play late April? I will be playing during the weekday so maybe that will help, but I am really not sure.
Depending on the course it can be a much as 1 hour wait for a single. I can recommend some courses close to downtown if you are staying close by

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Depending on the course it can be a much as 1 hour wait for a single. I can recommend some courses close to downtown if you are staying close by

Yeah we are staying at Coast Coal Harbour. If I do bring my clubs and play I'd prefer to stay somewhat close, since I am not familiar at all with the area.

Yeah we are staying at Coast Coal Harbour. If I do bring my clubs and play I'd prefer to stay somewhat close, since I am not familiar at all with the area.
That is about 5 blocks from my place. The best course close by is University golf club near the University of BC . Other then that is only Fraserview in South Vancouver. Both are around 25-30 minutes drive from downtown.

That is about 5 blocks from my place. The best course close by is University golf club near the University of BC . Other then that is only Fraserview in South Vancouver. Both are around 25-30 minutes drive from downtown.

Ok I'll give it a look. Not sure if I'll being my clubs or not but a lot of time to kill. I'll stop highjacking the thread. May create one for you all to tell me things to see and do.

Thanks

Ok I'll give it a look. Not sure if I'll being my clubs or not but a lot of time to kill. I'll stop highjacking the thread. May create one for you all to tell me things to see and do.

Thanks
No worries,we're all friendly

Thanks
Most courses here are aerating in the month of April, so be sure to check prior to booking if you don't want a bumpy, sandy experience.

Have we figured out if we're booking 18 or 36 holes?

This is me confirming for this. I am good to play 18, 36 or whatever people are doing. If we have an odd number like 5 golfers I could easily drop out as well and play some other tournament.

Furry isn't aerating until the end of April so we don't have to worry about that. A friend of mine did warn that the greens are very much in "winter shape" as of two weeks ago when he played there.

This is me confirming for this. I am good to play 18, 36 or whatever people are doing. If we have an odd number like 5 golfers I could easily drop out as well and play some other tournament.

Furry isn't aerating until the end of April so we don't have to worry about that. A friend of mine did warn that the greens are very much in "winter shape" as of two weeks ago when he played there.

Nope you're stuck with us!

Yeah I heard they just opened on the 11th, I am sure over the next week with some sun they will clear up. I am not too worried the way I putt

So there is the 3 of us plus my buddy for right now. I am going to give it until the weekend and then make a decision on the 2nd tee time and 18 or 36 holes. So Jays, Yan and others please get back to us.

Back