Fowler Hi-Top Free At Masters

I still find it amazing that the companies actually PICK OUT the outfits for them for the entire week. Are they not capable of dressing themselves? I know they PAY them with endorsements and all but still.
I would gladly let a company pick out and send me 4 different outfits every week for free.

How much say to the players actually have in scripting anyway? Are they given options and choose from them, or is it "here you wear this this week."
I would imagine some of the higher profile players have a bit of input in to their scripting.

I would gladly let a company pick out and send me 4 different outfits every week for free.

Don't get me wrong, so would I but still. I'd like to be able to say .... "uhh I'd rather not wear those cause they are ugly as hell."

Personal opinion but I think he looks like a fool in those tight pegged pants and high-tops. Can't stand the look at all. Though I'm sure some would probably say the same for me on the course not tucking in my shirt!

I am hoping that's what he said to Cobra ... "uhh look .... these hightops. Yeah, they aren't working for me, ummm K. I look like a dork out there on the course."

How much say to the players actually have in scripting anyway? Are they given options and choose from them, or is it "here you wear this this week."

It probably varies a lot from player to player and company to company. If it were me, it would reduce stress if I didn't have to worry about picking that kind of stuff out. I'd still want veto powers though.

IIRC, PUMA sold a ton of the shirt that he wore on Sunday of The Players. UA has done the same with Jordan's Sunday Masters shirt. Companies most likely want to make sure he was wearing something special (and new) that people will recognize and pull off of the shelves in the weeks following a big performance. I'm thinking about that Saturday hat, and how we've seen it in a commercial already, if I saw one on a shelf somewhere, I'd buy that thing in a heartbeat.

I'm really glad he's keeping the high tops and joggers in the closet for Augusta, although I think Friday's pants are horrible looking.

According to Rachel Rees from Cobra Puma, he will be wearing Hi-tops at least one of the days.

According to Rachel Rees from Cobra Puma, he will be wearing Hi-tops at least one of the days.

Players will sometimes change scripts as well. Maybe not an entire outfit change, but one or two parts of it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm really glad he's keeping the high tops and joggers in the closet for Augusta, although I think Friday's pants are horrible looking.

Agreed, but as bad as the Friday pants are they're still better than the jogger/softball pants IMO.

Rickie's insta photo has him not wearing shoes for Friday's scripting, teaser for hi tops?

I'm surprised and hopefully he breaks them out for the practice rounds or Par3 contest.

Wasn't a big fan of the high-tops. These look cool.

TO did go on and on about Rickie Fowler's attitude on that kind of stuff. I was really impressed by the stories he told about RF.

Of was a good conversation and hearing how Rickie was "growing up" and changing his style and also Puma have some influence in it as well. TO pretty said he is a good guy with a good base around him and aware of what's goimg on.

it varies by company and player. I believe TM/Adidas has scripted allot for their players at the majors and some of the big tourneys. Last year or year before the entire staff was wearing same clothes on the same day.

I'm not surprised by this. He understands the gravity of the event. Just like Wimbledon where the players have to wear white

He needs some all black shoes.

So very happy to hear this news.

Thursday and Saturday I would rock! White pants and all!

Wonder if it was per request that the joggers and high tops get left at home?

I was wondering the same thing!

Day 2 pants look like butler gear :bulgy-eyes:

do you think he will keep wearing clothes like this when he's 40? 50?

Saturday outfit maybe, but the rest look very boring. Glad I'm still wearing last years ricky stuff. The new stuff looks too boring as he's starting to look like everyone else. A little too toned down for me.

The Masters people are sticklers for tradition. I guess high tops don't conform!

do you think he will keep wearing clothes like this when he's 40? 50?

Of course not. Trends and styles change. The tour is no longer wearing bell bottoms.

Thursday is the best and those Friday pants are interesting to say the least...

I'm happy to see him not wearing those at the Masters. His colors are still bright but I don't think the hightop/joggers style fits in with the Masters. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Augusta National told him not to wear them.

Back