Project X Hzrdus Black in irons? Crazy but it works!!

JimmyOhio

Reaction score
Handicap
I just bought a set of a Callaway Steelhead XR combo irons with the 4 and 5 hybrid. I went with graphite in all of the clubs because the monitor doesn’t lie. I was hitting these much longer and more accurate with the graphite shafts vs. the steel. I was surprised to see that all of the clubs had the Project X Hzrdus Black shafts in them. I thought that they were primarily for drivers and fairway woods. Nonetheless they feel great and I look forward to putting them in play this season. Anyone have experience with these shafts in irons??

I didn't think they made them for irons either

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

They made a hybrid shaft.
Yeah I knew that do maybe they stuck then in some irons?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I had the hybrid shaft installed in a TM RSI UDI and liked it, but it wouldn’t have crossed my mind for other irons. It performed well in that role for me. Ultimately I left it for a Srixon Z565 3 iron with my normal iron shaft.

I'd be curious to see what kind of tip trimming voodoo they came up with. Can't be much, but you'd think it'd have to be tipped a little to stand up to the headweight of a short iron/wedge.

That's definitely..... different

But hey if it works it works

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Fujikura took their Atmos and made iron shafts too, I like them. Interesting to see companies doing this but it's awesome for improving graphite selection.

Honestly the feel of a HZRDUS Yellow or Black would be great for irons. It's too stiff for me in a wood, but that's almost exactly the feel I am looking for in an iron. Getting it at graphite weight would be pretty cool!

Back