IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I've been wanting to try these for a while, picked up some Coney Root Beer and Henry's Ginger Ale, both fantastic!

Serve the Coney Island Root Beer over ice.

It's good, sweet, but good.

Have you tried the Not Your Father's Hard Root Beer? I think it's better than the Coney Island. They also make a ginger ale, but I haven't been able to find it out this way.

I have not found anything I really like. They all taste funny or make my stomach hurt.

Have you tried the Not Your Father's Hard Root Beer? I think it's better than the Coney Island. They also make a ginger ale, but I haven't been able to find it out this way.
I prefer the Coney Island over the Not Your Fathers Root Beer, but has to be over ice. Goes down quick.

I have not found anything I really like. They all taste funny or make my stomach hurt.
Way too sweet, the only I can stomach them is over ice, so it's more like a soda.

I had a few six packs of both in the fridge. Must have them over ice. Agree they are a tad to sweet but just so good. Luckily I can only do one at a sitting.

both are good to have one but waaayyy too sweet for me.

I had a few six packs of both in the fridge. Must have them over ice. Agree they are a tad to sweet but just so good. Luckily I can only do one at a sitting.
Fat Maynard could put down a 6-er without flinching.

We do the Not Your Fathers Root Beer over vanilla ice cream, it's pretty good.

Not a fan of the hard root beers I've tried. Like it's already been said just too sweet.

Have really enjoyed a couple of the "hard" root beers, and currently downing a Henry's Hard Ginger Ale.

We are trying "The Best Damn Root Beer" this year at the golf course.

I really like Mike's Harder Lemonade.

Not Your Father's Ginger Ale is the most dangerous substance on earth. Mostly because it's indistinguishable if you were to swap it out for regular ginger ale in a Jameson & Ginger.

Really enjoyed the ginger ale ones. Not so much the root beer or orange soda ones.

We do the Not Your Fathers Root Beer over vanilla ice cream, it's pretty good.
That was my first thought after my first sip, needed to be over ice cream ASAP!!!

That was my first thought after my first sip, needed to be over ice cream ASAP!!!
Uh oh... best "of age" dessert, ever? I'll be judging that.

I've had the Not Your Father's Root Beer and thought it was good. I agree though, after a few my stomach started to hurt and made me feel really full.

I purchased a six pack of Coney Island root beer about seven months ago. When I cleaned out the fridge two months ago, I threw away the five remaining bottles.

It almost had a medicine-tasting quality to it. Couldn't stand it.

I really want to try the hard orange soda, because I enjoy both orange soda and alcohol. But, the root beer experience has made me gun shy.

Fortunately, shandy will be in season shortly, so there won't be a need to try anything else for the next few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grabbed the ginger ale the other day and was a big fan.

I've had Not Your Father's a few times and enjoy it, but man it can give you a gut ache in a hurry. 2 per sitting is about my limit.

I'm with P4B on this, I can only take one and I'm out. Pretty tasty but only in limited amounts.

I just tried NYFRB last night, found it to be a bit more bitter than Coney, didn't care for it as much.

Back