Do You Know Your Driving Distance?

This is very true. I dont think there is ill intent in most cases, just that the information gathered is harder than imagined for some.
Of course #OutingApproved matters...haha

can I be #outingdisproved?! :)

you've said it in other threads, people will use an "average" of their best hit balls. I'm guilty of this too. if I add in the stinkers my number comes down.

You mean we are supposed to count those? I thought golfer's were supposed to have their memories wiped as soon as they hit one.

And I want to play golf somewhere above sea level with low humidity and see how far I hit. I would also love to hit on a course that's in PGA Tour conditions to see if I get any of that tour roll out (assuming I can get one to land in the fairway).

I honestly am not sure. I think it's around 250-260 total but can't say for sure.

We're supposed to count the wormburners? Drop that down to about 150 for me. lol

I think I have a good idea. Need more flightscope time to determine what my carry actually is verse roll out as carry is more important.

I couldn't tell you total distance, but from my lesson on Friday I had an average of 240yd carry with my driver measured by GC2

This included all shots hit during the lesson so there were some bad ones in there while I was working on the changes

I think this is one thing that a lot of people over-estimate based solely on hole yardages from scorecards

According to my Golfshot app the drives I've tracked average out to 283. As far as what I've seen recently on Trackman and GC2 during fittings, it's very accurate.

You mean we are supposed to count those? I thought golfer's were supposed to have their memories wiped as soon as they hit one.

And I want to play golf somewhere above sea level with low humidity and see how far I hit. I would also love to hit on a course that's in PGA Tour conditions to see if I get any of that tour roll out (assuming I can get one to land in the fairway).
Come on out to Colorado. You go home with an ego the size of Texas!

When thinking about averages, I try to throw out the highest and lowest numbers to find a mean. I probably hit as many stinkers as I do bombs. That being said, I have no clue what my carry numbers would be. I only know where my ball stops.

All I have are numbers from Game Golf and my spreadsheets.

I know that my average drive is 239, but that's with roll. I also know that includes any drive hit over 200 yards to discount any shots that I didn't mishit (top, quick hook that hits trees, etc). If I increase that number to 220 yards (70% of my drives are 220 or greater)... my average drive increases to 247 yards.

I'd estimate, based on pitch marks and things of that nature that my average carry distance is about 220. It also varies greatly from round to round. With my driver, if I'm striking it well, I know I carry the ball at least 240. If I'm not striking it overly well, that's when I drop it to 220. I use that information simply to determine if trying to carry trouble (fairway bunker, hazard, etc) is worth the risk or not. There's no 'in between' for me with those numbers either. Based on how I'm feeling about my driver at that moment, I'll determine whether my max carry is 220 or 240.

I wish I had access to something that gave me more static figures to work with... for all of my clubs.

I used game golf for my distances which 220'ish ... I would not have a clue on my carry ... not far, as I hit the ball low and depend a lot on the roll.

From what I know from my fitting at the ECPC, which was awhile ago, was that my average carry was in the 265 range with the occasional poke further then that. Still hitting the same driver, but I am sure the carry has changed.

Average? I'd assume 270-280 tops? But I do see some more than that often. Carry I have no idea

I'd guess my average would be right around 250. I can hit some bombs, and I can get some less than stellar drives too.

I only average about 215-220. I can hit it farther, but not everytime. Hopefully with a fitting in a couple weeks that will change too.

Carry is more than 200, probably around 225, but I don't know for sure.
I would guess about 240-250 avg with roll out.

I am pondering lowering my loft setting with all the roll out I've seen lately.

If I hit it flush my carry can get up to 240 or so.

Thanks to the UST event and TrackMan I have a darn good idea how far they go on average.

240 yards on average, can hit it a little farther if I "step" on it but then I tend to loose accuracy.

Yes, I am on trackman every couple of weeks.

too inconsistent too know avg. driving distance

I am so inconsistent with the driver it's tough for me to know. Something I hope I can change soon.

Averaging between 205 - 215 carry, roll out takes it to about 235 - 245.

Hard fairways always made me think I was a decent distance wise, but carry needs improvement.

According to Arrcos I'm averaging 216 total, but have no idea on carry really.

Back